Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Given the other signings we've made this window, if we lost Bale and got Lamela, I wouldn't hate life. Having Bale and Goaldado obviously gives us two very potent options to put the ball in the net that having Lamela wouldn't necessarily provide. That being said, if it was Lamela instead of Bale, I'm sure someone else (Lamela included) would step up to make up for a majority of those goals we'd be "losing" with Bale gone.

Given the other signings we've made this window, if we lost Bale and got Lamela, I wouldn't hate life. Having Bale and Goaldado obviously gives us two very potent options to put the ball in the net that having Lamela wouldn't necessarily provide. That being said, if it was Lamela instead of Bale, I'm sure someone else (Lamela included) would step up to make up for a majority of those goals we'd be "losing" with Bale gone.
I'm a huge Totti and De Rossi fan so I've watched many Roma games over the past two years. Lamela definitely has an eye for goal. He's very effective at cutting in from the right onto his stronger left foot and shooting from the top of the box, much like Bale. Comparing the two, Bale is much stronger and faster while Lamela is much more technical. Lamela is still really young and could develop into an amazing player in a couple years. I would imagine he'd to get 10-15 goals if he were to come to us to replace Bale.

Were literally linked with every young winger with tons of potential and natural talent

1052tqr.gif

I like him!

However, he seems less a winger, more an inside forward coming in from the right, so would that spell the end of Lennon?

A big part of the reason Bale bagged so many last season is that we sacrificed a lot of the goalscoring potential elsewhere in the side.

I don't know if I agree with this. At least half of his goals were just super-shots from outside the area or something he created by himself.

I think the point he's trying to make is that we wouldn't have been so reliant on Bale wonder strikes if we had a goal threat elsewhere on the pitch. Towards the end of the season we hit a brick wall whenever we got in their third

A big part of the reason Bale bagged so many last season is that we sacrificed a lot of the goalscoring potential elsewhere in the side.
I don't think so, just our forwards never stepped up, leaving Bale as our best finisher.

- Siggy had a rough run of form and took a while to integrate.
- Lennon has never been a prolific goal threat.
- And you don't expect regular goals from anyone else on the pitch.

I don't think that we consciously set ourselves up as being reliant on Bale and sacrificed other player's goal-scoring potential, it's just that none of our other goal threats actually stepped up, and instead of trying to force a square peg in a round hole with Ade and JD, they just made Bale their outlet.

Highly rated player by all accounts - so lets go for him, Willan & Capoue - after all we've broken our club transfer record twice in the same window. It's great to see Levy actually doing something positive for a change (namely spending big money on international stars), instead of trying to get last minute deadline day deals on has-been players (Saha, Gallas etc). This is the push that us fans have been waiting for, I'd say lets not just aim for top four but top two. Apart from the Woolwich (who don't really count for anything after all). we are the only team from the top five of last season who haven't changed managers. City - have spent big again, Chelsea - could be a close contender with Jose back at the helm. Utd - I feel that they are getting panicky, no big name signings yet (they've all opted to go elsewhere), and the Woolwich - they are just getting desperate about not winning owt for 3000 days (they must be if they're prepared to spend over £45 million on a player who will still have a six match ban before he can kick a ball for them - although this looks like its not gonna happen now.

Seems to be gaining legs. If we sign him then its pretty much Bye Bye Bale, i for one would settle for that considering our business we've already done and what we could then go and get with the extra cash.

I'm fucking excited for this season

Back
Top Bottom