Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But but but....all the ITK's are saying Uncle Joe is finally going to splurge his billions on Spurs! and that we are going to get a massive investment from him!

Oh wait, they said that last summer too. Except it was Oil Sheikhs and not Uncle Joe.

But but but....all the ITK's are saying Uncle Joe is finally going to splurge his billions on Spurs! and that we are going to get a massive investment from him!

Oh wait, they said that last summer too. Except it was Oil Sheikhs and not Uncle Joe.
This is the first time I have heard genuine ITK's say anything about Joe investing in the club. And what I have heard from various sources makes a great deal of business sense. After all, he is the longest serving investor in an EPL club by now, I think. Which makes all the earlier crap about them wanting to make money and sell very evidently crap.

But right now he needs to shit or get off the pot. He has to see £500m or whatever it is invested in the stadium. Even if it is loans or other people's money, that is a huge investment. If he is going to do that, and the signs are good, then he must make damn sure the team are good enough to fill it. So investing £150m in the club and keeping GB is peanuts compared to the downside once we build a stadium. He has to invest that kind of money to build the club up to the size that he wants: up there with ManU.

Don't forget he thinks long term, clearly didn't trust Arry with his money, but it does look like for the first time we have a management team of Levy, Baldini, AVB and a few others that he trusts, so is finally prepared to give them what they need.

Hold onto your hat, it's gonna be quite a ride!!! All the way to the top!

This is the first time I have heard genuine ITK's say anything about Joe investing in the club.

I understand the logic that has been scripted about Joe Lewis having a reason to invest, but this time last year the ITKs were harping on about foreign investment. Rumours were rife.

I understand the logic that has been scripted about Joe Lewis having a reason to invest, but this time last year the ITKs were harping on about foreign investment. Rumours were rife.
True, but hearing about Joe's investment from markedly different people, totally different type of 'ITK'. Makes it more believable.

This is the first time I have heard genuine ITK's say anything about Joe investing in the club. And what I have heard from various sources makes a great deal of business sense. After all, he is the longest serving investor in an EPL club by now, I think. Which makes all the earlier crap about them wanting to make money and sell very evidently crap.

But right now he needs to shit or get off the pot. He has to see £500m or whatever it is invested in the stadium. Even if it is loans or other people's money, that is a huge investment. If he is going to do that, and the signs are good, then he must make damn sure the team are good enough to fill it. So investing £150m in the club and keeping GB is peanuts compared to the downside once we build a stadium. He has to invest that kind of money to build the club up to the size that he wants: up there with ManU.

Don't forget he thinks long term, clearly didn't trust Arry with his money, but it does look like for the first time we have a management team of Levy, Baldini, AVB and a few others that he trusts, so is finally prepared to give them what they need.

Hold onto your hat, it's gonna be quite a ride!!! All the way to the top!

So far in 12 years they have invested £36m of their own cash. The rest is self financed.
Joe is no way investing into the club, it's all bobbins imho

I was speaking a to a "mate" of mine who is a chelski fan.

He was talking to me about Lamela, saying he didn't score against them when they played Roma in the CL.

I said he scored 15 goals last season which is a good return for a winger who is only 21.

He tried to keep a straight face. But deep down I know he and lot of the scum fans will be shitting it at the prospect of facing our team this season. :levystare: :vdvshh:

proxy.jpg

:avbpray:

My perm in the eighties was a sight to behold, and even if I could, I would definitely not show you lot a pic!!!
All these rumours are doing my head in, I'll just be glad when the window slams shut, and maybe we can have a bit of peace for a couple of months, when it will start all over again for the January sales!!

I followed a link to this article in another thread: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...n-on-lamela-willian-double-swoop?ICID=HP_HN_1

The bit that stood out for me:

'With former Woolwich forward Gervinho set to play on the right flank and club legend Francesco Totti on the left, Lamela has suddenly become expendable at the Stadio Olimpico.'

I don't watch Italian football, I don't play fifa and youtube aint working on my old crap laptop so I have no idea if this Lamela chap is any good, but all the posts and feedback I've seen seem to suggest he is mustard (@ WindyCOYS WindyCOYS - got any opinion to offer?) so I'm going to assume his decent.

How sweet it would be if we were to sign a banging player and it was all made possible by the 'Professor' shifting on a crap player that he has lost money on.

Hahahahahahaha.

:harrylol:

Edit: sorry for caps titles, not sure why it does that :(

Back
Top Bottom