Érik Lamela

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Italian news agency, Ansa, which I'd say is trustworthy, has just published an article saying that the Roma delegation in London is not in the UK to discuss the possible transfer of Erik Lamela to Spurs but instead that of Marco Borriello to West Ham. Here is the piece (although it looks like it still needs a bit of subbing, this piece).

Here's Italian football expert Paolo Bandini on what could be happening with the Roma delegation in London. Are the in the UK to negotiate a possible sale of Marco Borriello to West Ham and/or Erik Lamela to Spurs? Here is what Paolo has to say:
Interesting. Can't imagine why Sabag would say that [that they are not in London to negotiate with Spurs] unless it is true. Tottenham have definitely made inquiries for Lamela but this would suggest they're a little less far along than some had assumed. Interestingly I spoke to Rudi Garcia back when Roma were tuning up for their US tour. The only thing he would tell me then about his transfer plans was that he wanted at least one new forward. I guess you could say they got that with Gervinho, but if Osvaldo, Borriello and Lamela were all to go, you'd expect that he would want more coming in the other direction.
Roma will be happy enough to let Borriello go - he's been out on loan for the last couple of years, and his contract is a bit bigger than they'd want for a squad player. Lamela I have no idea. In their shoes I wouldn't sell unless the fee was very high, because he's a rare player with huge potential and they don't really have anyone else like him in the squad but Franco Baldini has great relationships with the club and will know the realities of Roma's finances better than anyone I don't think he would be making inquiries unless he thought there was a realistic chance to get the deal done.

LAMELA-GEMELLI.jpg

Erik Lamela’s agent Pablo Sabbag talked to Ansa denying last rumours “I am not in London, what is being said is not true. I find myself in the Capital along with Erik’s father. What is the situation like? Lamela is calm, we’re waiting. Let’s see what happens.”

http://www.romanews.us/?p=15293

BOLLOCKS!!!!
that means it's not true... therefore it's off, surely?

THAT'S how modern-day transfers are conducted via Twatter these days isn't it?

With former Woolwich forward Gervinho set to play on the right flank and club legend Francesco Totti on the left, Lamela has suddenly become expendable at the Stadio Olimpico.'

That is one of the most ridiculous statements Ive ever read about football.

Lamela, young hotshot already producing top level stats being expendable because of Gervinho signing?? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

That is one of the most ridiculous statements Ive ever read about football.

Lamela, young hotshot already producing top level stats being expendable because of Gervinho signing?? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Blah Blah World Cup year… Gervinho wants to turn heads that are even out of the massive gravitational pull of his own.

Lamela at Tottenham, done deal
The Roma's Argentine striker was sold to English club for 25 million euro

It 'made for Lamela to Tottenham. The Argentine striker has said yes to a 6-year contract 2.4 of engagement for the first season, with a touch-up every twelve months. At Rome will be about 25 million euro. This was revealed via tweet the well-known market expert Gianluca Di Marzio.

Erik Lamela, 21, had been taken from the Giallorossi in July 2011. Fifteen million then paid into the coffers of the River Plate relegated into the second category of Argentina. With Rome, he scored 19 goals in 62 league games.

http://sport.panorama.it/calciomercato/erik-lamela-roma-tottenham

:avbdamn:... 25 million Euros!
WOW ... if all this is true ... then this is so cheap!
I thought the fee would be around 30 million GBP, but this is only 22 million GBP

GET THIS DONE!

Back
Top Bottom