£88m for Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's no way we sell Harry to United...or any PL team for that matter. But especially to Utd, blue chavs, red chavs or Geordies. Why strengthen a rival for top 4, it'd be utter madness...and sheer incompetence (again) from Levy.
Because he can join any of those teams for free in a year, which would be much, much worse for Tottenham and the money recouped could make us better for the long term?

I will not engage with this, from you or anyone, ever. Made up my mind on that the day I saw this becoming the Levybot Big Lie on the subject. This is the kind of insincerity that underlies your entire posting practice in this area and I encourage you to reconsider and do better in the future.

Did you even read it?

"Spurs have insisted Kane is not for sale despite the striker’s desire to leave for City and they have turned down a £100m offer from the Premier League champions. It is thought £150m could tempt Tottenham’s chairman, Daniel Levy, to sell but the bid being readied by City falls short of that"

(Also: Note prices in POUNDS)

You just allowed yourself to be mugged by a headline, fella....

(Also: Note headline in EUROS)

There's no way we sell Harry to United...or any PL team for that matter. But especially to Utd, blue chavs, red chavs or Geordies. Why strengthen a rival for top 4, it'd be utter madness...and sheer incompetence (again) from Levy. Unless obviously they offer us ridiculous money, and I'm talking a bare minimum of 150mil + easy bonuses + 2 or 3 very good players in return.
What’s the difference between selling him to United for 100m or letting him walk to free and he just signs there anyway.

Did you even read it?

"Spurs have insisted Kane is not for sale despite the striker’s desire to leave for City and they have turned down a £100m offer from the Premier League champions. It is thought £150m could tempt Tottenham’s chairman, Daniel Levy, to sell but the bid being readied by City falls short of that"

(Also: Note prices in POUNDS)

You just allowed yourself to be mugged by a headline, fella....

(Also: Note headline in EUROS)
127 GBP (150 EUR) was the number.

127 GBP (150 EUR) was the number.

Right, so not 150m quid and not an actual bid then either.......

"they have turned down a £100m offer"

Silva was never agreeing to come here anyway..... The whole unrest surrounding him was a desire to go to Spain cos he hates the English weather or some shit.

Because he can join any of those teams for free in a year, which would be much, much worse for Tottenham and the money recouped could make us better for the long term?
Sell him abroad. With a clause that states we'd have first refusal if/when he wanted to come back to the PL.

Bayern have the cash and though they're aren't regular big splashers, they do it for the right players. Kane is right up their street.

Real would defo buy him for circa 100mil if Benzema goes to the States/Arab peninsula for one last dance.

PSG know they must please Mbappe with proven quality signings otherwise he'll do one. 150 mil is nothing to them.

I reckon he goes to one of them, gets a major cheque, wins a few trophies then ends up in the States within 2-3 seasons.

It's all a bit of a shit point to think about for me really. I know that no matter if we receive 50m or 150m for Harry we will be worse off without him, simply because Tottenham cannot go into the market and buy a player of similar quality to Kane.

Even two players to replace him in the 60m bracket each would leave us short. More than that though, I think I will feel empty at the thought that our Kane 'era' has finished and we are moving on to the next phase hoping that we catch another bit of lightning in a bottle like we did with so many other previously. Such a gamble.

The delusional fan in me wants to believe he will stick around because he loves the club and because he has a point to prove and a settled family.... but the realist in me is really tensing up at the thought of him playing in a Utd kit or worse... Could be a really shit summer.

If Kane will accept a move abroad, absolutely.
I think he would move to Bayern, Real or PSG.

He'd get much more money there than at Spurs, life in Munich/Madrid/Paris would be pretty sweet and a great human experience for he & his family....new culture, language etc.

And, of course, he would win more trophies there (not hard), which has to be uber important to him at this stage of his career.

I love Harry to bits and I can't imagine us without him in the team, but the man does deserve to go somewhere he can truly challenge for titles year in year out.

What’s the difference between selling him to United for 100m or letting him walk to free and he just signs there anyway.
I trust Harry not to do that. He adores the club and I really don't think he'd want to leave us in the lurch like that.

If he did want to go to United, whether that's this summer or next, I'm positive he'd make sure the club gets its fair share in return.

But if it's a pick between United and the trio from abroad (Bayern, PSG, Real), I bet he leaves the UK.

I trust Harry not to do that. He adores the club and I really don't think he'd want to leave us in the lurch like that.

If he did want to go to United, whether that's this summer or next, I'm positive he'd make sure the club gets its fair share in return.

But if it's a pick between United and the trio from abroad (Bayern, PSG, Real), I bet he leaves the UK.
For me that's a levy issue more than a kane one. Kane can only say he wants to leave if levy won't sanction it then Kane will have no choice but to either accept it and leave for free or try to force through the move.

Back
Top Bottom