THE MIGHTY SPURS VS WBA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The focus now has to be 3 cup finals with the prize of 2nd place and finishing above all rival teams.

It's going to be very, very interesting to see which team shows up for the last 3 games - our first half team today or the 2nd half team today?

Well, if we couldn't put this match to bed under the circumstances, we don't deserve to beat Leicester to the title.

As mentioned by other people though, we can still be incredibly proud of Spurs this season.

Very nervous about Chelsea next week considering Alli possibly being banned and Dier perhaps being injured. Even if we'd won this, we might well have been heartbroken next week...

Fully agree with this. We froze on the important moment at home. Fans were nervous, players became nervous and could not get over that line as Leicester have done over the last few weeks finishing 1-0 games. Everyone including players could see it coming. Nothing more can explain it. Just hope we can finish strong and above Woolwich. Maybe we should have played a different game when we were under the cosh. Playing out from the back when we could clear is what brought more pressure and the corner.

I think people moaning about West brom trying to win are a little pathetic to be totally honest. OMG they didn't lay down how dare they.
Truth is we let them get back in the game by playing so fucking poorly in the 2nd half. We didn't kill the game off and this is what happens when you do that in this league.
Now we go to Chelski probably without Dier and Alli.

This week will be a big test for Poch's man management - even ignoring the possible missing players for the Chelsea match.

There isn't going to be the same title-chasing motivation that we had previously (especially if it's all over by the time we play), but there also won't be the pressure that the players had in this match.

Bull fucking shit. He worked his arse off. Just because every delivery didn't come off. Fuck off, you're like the whining cunts behind me at WHL.

Bull fucking shit. He worked his arse off. Just because every delivery didn't come off. Fuck off, you're like the whining cunts behind me at WHL.

Nobody expected us to be in a title race. This season has been incredible and looking at our squad and club we'll only get better, this is great experience for all of our players and Poch himself

Where did the site go?
You made me go on Glory-Glory for 15 mins...
they turn the words COCK to ROOSTER (not even cockerel!) WANK to TOSS... CUNT to CLAM...
yet ironically, Woolwich stays as A R S E N A L !! ...and yet that is the most disgusting word of them all!

I'm coming back... I missed you guys!

I think the Mason sub was totally pointless to be totally honest. Yes Dier was injured but what exactly does Mason do? he literally just strolls around and picks easy passes. Should have moved Eriksen centrally with Mousa and put on Son for Dier. Taking Alli off for Chadli was a really odd sub as well.

Just hope we keep the players now.
As long as we don't fuck up the last three games in any terrible way, we should wrap up the end of a great season, have a secured champions league place, a happy team, and only the prospect of an even better time next year.

There's always the chance that someone can come along and offer us stupid money, but I don't think that we are at any great risk of losing our key players. For the first time in a long time, I think that we have a squad that wants to be here.

As long as we don't fuck up the last three games in any terrible way, we should wrap up the end of a great season, have a secured champions league place, a happy team, and only the prospect of an even better time next year.

There's always the chance that someone can come along and offer us stupid money, but I don't think that we are at any great risk of losing our key players. For the first time in a long time, I think that we have a squad that wants to be here.

And a manager,

:pochsmirk:

We will come back

COYMS

I know it's highly unlikely, but if United and Chelsea do one over Leicester it's still possible for us. I think we should do what Poch advises the players to do. Just keep taking games one at a time.

I really don't want the players to think that it all ends here and have an average finish. We still need 5 points to ensure 2nd as well.

I think the Mason sub was totally pointless to be totally honest. Yes Dier was injured but what exactly does Mason do? he literally just strolls around and picks easy passes. Should have moved Eriksen centrally with Mousa and put on Son for Dier. Taking Alli off for Chadli was a really odd sub as well.

...didn't we used to say that about someone else??
:mong:

2nd in the league was NEVER on anyones radar at the start of the season... let alone the League title itself!

...maybe 4th, and at a real push 3rd were the height of people's expectations, but that would've take TWO of the SkyTop4 to fuck up, and they never do that!
Leicester's amazing run is the only 'Spursy' thing about this season... the rest is pure fantasy and daydream land for most of us!

At the start of the season (and even towards Christmas, though I admit, my nostrils were beginning to flare at the scent of something bigger) but I fully expected us - with 3 games to go - to be in and around 4th/5th/6th place, but with a GENUINE shot at 4th...
as it is, we're not only 'in and around' 2nd, we're still 5 points clear, with the 4th/5th teams yet to play each other...

2nd is ours to lose... same as the title was always Leicester's to lose... and annoyingly they don't look like they're going to... so why should we?

Collective chins up people... tonight may have been a cunty cunt fucking reminder of Spurs pre-Poch... but everyone is allowed a delve into their past from time to time...

We just need to toughen up mentally... and not let the anti-football Brigade ruin what we have masterminded this season!
Yes, the title may well be a shade further away than it was a coupla hours ago... but 2nd isn't. THAT in itself would represent a MAGNIFICENT SEASON!
WHICH IT ALREADY HAS BEEN... lest we forget!

2nd in the league was NEVER on anyones radar at the start of the season... let alone the League title itself!

...maybe 4th, and at a real push 3rd were the height of people's expectations, but that would've take TWO of the SkyTop4 to fuck up, and they never do that!
Leicester's amazing run is the only 'Spursy' thing about this season... the rest is pure fantasy and daydream land for most of us!

At the start of the season (and even towards Christmas, though I admit, my nostrils were beginning to flare at the scent of something bigger) but I fully expected us - with 3 games to go - to be in and around 4th/5th/6th place, but with a GENUINE shot at 4th...
as it is, we're not only 'in and around' 2nd, we're still 5 points clear, with the 4th/5th teams yet to play each other...

2nd is ours to lose... same as the title was always Leicester's to lose... and they don't look like their going to... so why should we?

Collective chins up people... tonight may have been a cunty cunt fucking reminder of Spurs pre-Poch... but everyone is allowed a delve into their past from time to time...

We just need to toughen up mentally... and not let the anti-football Brigade ruin what we have masterminded this season!
Yes, the title may well be a shade further away than it was a coupla hours ago... but 2nd isn't. THAT in itself would represent a MAGNIFICENT SEASON!
WHICH IT ALREADY HAS BEEN... lest we forget!
To be fair, I've seen very little melting over this result so far.

Back
Top Bottom