Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In trying to be a bit positive it could just be poor fitness at this stage of the season as if we can press the opposition and quickly turn move the ball up the field like we did in the first half for the full 90min when fitness improves later in the season we might have some hope

While that may be true, if it is the case it begs the question if we are going to play that way why aren't the squad prepared. It's not like they don't know when the league starts, so while latter in the season we may see some great results the damage will have already been done and Spurs will be the nearly men again.

Three key things I've noticed and read:

1. Once Mason came off, 2 goals conceded.
He's very underrated on what he brings in. Plus he DOES give a bit of that much needed leadership presence.

2. Chadli replacing Kane up top doesn't work.
Not only because you lose an out-and-out ST, but you also lose Kane's pressing ... a lot ... which Chadli doesn't do much.

3. Dembele did become more pivotal when he went in the middle, but we really lost Eriksen's presence. Eriksen was immense when he had that free-roam role in the first half. Some of the best football came through him. Eriksen HAS TO BE in the center, let alone ahead of Dembele, there. Keep Dembro out wide. He was quite decent there and easily drfits inward.
You don't seem to get it. Eriksen will not get that "free role" you speak about if he starts in the centre. The reason he was so effective in the first half was because his starting position was on the left and he drifted in.its unbelievable that people fail to see this.

From the BBC;
Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen to BBC Sport: “We probably saw ourselves winning but in the end we didn’t. We showed a lot of confidence the first half. We played really well the first 30 minutes, but slowed down. Everyone was disappointed and don’t get how you can be 2-0 up and end up with a draw.”

Don't you?? read the first bit you said... saw yourself winning is imagining the celebrations at the final whistle, and how many fucking 'likes' you'll get on Facetwat tonight... actually winning requires actual grit, determination, never-say-die attitude, and a refusal to be beaten... still, bet the selfie-sticks got a good work out at half-time... and make sure everyone is in nice and early on Monday for the Choreographed goal celebration rehearsals... gotta get those hand signal/fist-pump routines nailed down for the Internet/FIFAPro15 generation to wank over!

In trying to be a bit positive it could just be poor fitness at this stage of the season as if we can press the opposition and quickly turn move the ball up the field like we did in the first half for the full 90min when fitness improves later in the season we might have some hope

United and Stoke didn't seem to have fitness issues.

But Windy said he isn't fit. So this means we can't criticise him.

Then he shouldn't be on the pitch against then, especially against a combative team. :)

what's with the lamela hate?. he is crap , we know that but we blew up a 2 goal lead. HOW did that happen? . Where is lamela's direct involvement in us conceding.. Explain...

He had a very poor game giving away the ball and fouling putting us under pressure. However it was more that he is not a striker and thus the team shape when Kane went off fell flat.

Basically we don't have a cover striker and our system of play needs one.

824444f9-7429-4b2e-ad16-15bd467586dc.jpg

THIS is how the new kit is already being remembered...
LOSE THE FUCKING RED YOU MONEY HUNGRY CUNTS... IT'S KILLING US!

Obviously, the colour RED is not solely to blame for us spunking a 2-0 lead at home... but i'm running out of straws!!

Careful not to melt.....

The energy showed in each half was totally opposite. Up until 70 minutes, Walker, Alderweireld, Dembele were all having solid games.

In heinsight Trippier out wide and not Lamela is what we needed. The guy cost £30m and I can honestly now say I would take £16m upwards for him. I don't care how early in the season this is, it's 2 points totally fucking dropped. Steven Ireland shouldn't be bossing it at WHL.

Diouf got in between Verts and Alderweireld too many times and it ended up costing us. Stupid fucking penalty to give away also.

It was us who started lumping it to Chadli for the last 15...against Stoke, as they passed through us!!

I'm totally flat from today. Fucksake.
Proble
Shout out to Kane in a new role, brilliant
Chadli for the first half, but fuck me can he dissapear when we are up against it
Ditto Eriksen
Dembele gave us balance and strength in the front three
Mason...I take a lot back. Real tiger today
Toby n Jan looked good when we had a midfield
Dier solid, direct and poised
Davies, very good again
Walker, love the passion, getting better
Hugo, what can I say

Lamela. I would sell for 50p. You are fucking THE worst player in the squad. Id take Ade back all day long than see you come on ever again. Its not the price. You are just fucking shit.

Bentaleb?? What the fuck happened?

Poch. Yet again.....YET AGAIN...I ask. Why?
50p would be lucky to monopoly
He had a very poor game giving away the ball and fouling putting us under pressure. However it was more that he is not a striker and thus the team shape when Kane went off fell flat.

Basically we don't have a cover striker and our system of play needs one.
Lamelas first and second contributions in this game was 2 fouls! hes just not suited for this league, scared of the ball!

I hope this would be a wake up call for the players , the manager and ultimately ENIC .
EVERY season we have a home game like this... Stoke, Wigan, Hull, WBA have all done it to us ...when is the wake up call gonna actually be listened to? HOW FUCKING LOUD DOES THE ALARM HAVE TO BE??

You can just taste the progress we've made can't you. To say some of our play was shocking would be an understatement. Kane worked his arse off and didn't get much help from Dembele & Chadli. Eriksen does his best work in the same areas as Kane so they weren't able to do much for each other. The fullbacks provided zilch. Mason needs some games but he looks a long way from being a regular goalscoring midfielder.

The hall of shame: Chadli, another fairly anonymous display. Lamela was just attrocious. I've seen enough of Nathan Oduwa to say that he could give away clumsy fouls and fall over on the ball just as consistently as Erik, and might even create and score more in the process. Ben Davies is well below the standard set by Rose. Bentaleb seems to attract pressure, the opposition know he panics on the ball and get two men on him at every oppertunity and he obliges in giving the ball away.

Frustrating game. Frustrating start to the season. Frustrating lack of genuine progress from last season. We look just as exposed on the counter, we are, perhaps, even less solid in midfield and if it wasn't for Harry we would be completely toothless up front.

To say I'm unimpressed with Poch's summer work would be an understatement.

N'Jie is not a fucking replacement. He has had one half good season in a shit league - he is not ready to take over after Kane if he gets injured. We need a decent striker NOW. Fucking ridiculous. The sad thing is that wasn't even the main issue today. We got complete arse fucked in midfield for the entire second half. Our wingers are complete wank. Same shit, different year. We are not going to finish in the top four. We are going to win fuck all as per usual and we're all going to have to sit there whilst we watch the scum, City, United, Liverpool and Chelsea finish above us yet again because the powers that be at our club are fucking incompetent pricks.
He's not even a striker, mate

You don't seem to get it. Eriksen will not get that "free role" you speak about if he starts in the centre. The reason he was so effective in the first half was because his starting position was on the left and he drifted in.its unbelievable that people fail to see this.
So why was Eriksen so ineffective in the second half?
He stayed primarily on the wing, and barely drifted inwards.

Idk ... I'm just saying that he gets wasted on the wing. We saw it time and time again last season. Most of the times, he was pivotal when he got centeral/free-roam role. But when he was assigned to stay on the wings, he became anonymous.

What an arrogant bunch of pricks we've become... 2-0 up against 'little Stoke' and the players assumed the job was done... fucking idiots!
My guess is they were too busy tweeting fucking instacunt selfies of themselves celebrating at HALF TIME to give a shit about how the second half turned out...
stiiiiiiiill, they'll all be out shagging and clubbing tonight with their £100,000+disgusting wages tonight... i'm sure there's plenty of champagne and hookers they can blow that on!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE TWATTER PICS IN THE MORNING!

N'Jie must be wishing the Arseanal bid was genuine now, and not some online fucking hoax!!!!

FUCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SPURS MAKE ME MAD SOMETIMES...
can you tell?
anigif_enhanced-buzz-26059-1394135695-8.gif

Back
Top Bottom