Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

{QUOTE="Joe Clash, post: 801897, member: 4379"]My question was, who would you play in goal? You didn't answer that[/.QUOTE]
Vorm, you moron, or are you already too drunk to read?
Who are the 'crap' in front of Lloris? Vorm is not an impressive goalkeeper, he was 2nd or 3rd choice for Swansea when we bought him for pennies. Did you see us get knocked out of the FA cup by Leicester? Well I fucking did. If you think you can build a good team with an average keeper, then I don't know what to say.
Actually he was first or second choice but who's counting. Against Leicester? Yes I did. The whole fucking team was crap. Not just Vorm. And I saw Lloris cost us top place in the EUFA league by getting himself sent off.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sorry Joe but Vorm started 26 of Swansea's BPL games in the season before he came to us. That makes him first choice. What I have seen of him, which isn't much. He is an average BPL goalkeeper and wouldn't be a disaster if he was first choice.
However, I agree with you. We need to keep Hugo, if possible. We don't need 30 million pounds, we do need a world class goalkeeper.
We only need a world class keeper since our back 4, 5 or 6 allow so many shots on goal.....

Fair enough, second choice. I still don't think he is a terrible keeper, from what I have seen.
No he's not a terrible keeper - he's 32 and pretty average. Do you see Poch, with Levy admitting that a major overhaul is needed, deciding that Vorm will be our number 1, when he wasn't even that at Swansea? Fair enough if you think that, but I don't.

We only need a world class keeper since our back 4, 5 or 6 allow so many shots on goal.....
As I said you could play eight cb's and people will always shoot from outside the box. I refer you to the Watford v Spurs '87 Fa Cup semi-final at Villa Park. We knew they had a shit keeper and it was 3-0 after 3 minutes or whatever.

And if they didn't we could have Harry Enfield in goal, yes? Have you ever watched football, where those pesky opposition players shoot the shit out of your shit goalkeeper, and your 10 CB's turn around and say 'it wasn't my fault'? Ah, I give up.

So, err, not that I've been on the sauce or anything this evening (lies), but I feel like dropping into the Great Lloris Debate (as it may now become).

Long story short, United is incredibly appealing to many a player, and if they come calling for one of ours then it's a blessing if our player doesn't want to leave.

Having spoken to a United supporting friend of mine this evening (and trust me when I say that he's one of the 'good' ones), it seemed that neither of us wanted De Gea to leave, which would of course initiate their pursuit of Lloris.

Naturally, my hope is that this all becomes a moot point (for a year at least) with no transfers occurring this summer. That is very much possible, given that Real Madrid usually goes for the latest shiny toy available in football - with goalkeepers lacking a certain element of glamour.
However, we are talking about Spain's default number 1 here. That carries a lot of sway.

Being zen about the whole thing, I just hope that this all remains dignified. I am heartened by the fact that we retained Modric for a year after his possible Chelsea transfer, and yet he seemed like far more of a sulky, rebellious fucker than Lloris ever has. I hope we can hold onto him this year, or at least ship him off overseas; but as several have pointed out on here, I'm sure we will be okay in the goalkeeping department buy buying someone promising (is it not a shock to suggest that Vorm is not good enough to be first choice keeper).

De Gea has a year left on his contract, Utd would be crazy to let him run that out. But Madrid might opt to just wait a year. Thankfully no players have really behaved that poorly towards our club since a certain London mayoral candidate.
We will be 'alright' 'ok' if Hugo leaves, but we will definitely be worse
Oh, no doubt. The only way I see us balancing the sale of Hugo is to invest the money wisely in a promising goalkeeper and another player. The problem is how we've spent money recently.

Edit: just as an aside, I feel like Lloris has been a great servant of the club during his time here. That doesn't mean I want to lay a fucking red carpet down for some transfer to Manchester United, but it also means I won't demonise him for wanting a move.

Particularly after the defensive shambles we've been putting in front of him of late.

Some will call me an ENIC apologist for that sentiment. They can fuck off.

I think it's starting to hit home to people that hugo wants to go and more than likely will go. But fuck me...not man utd please levy, you bald headed little cunt.

I think it's starting to hit home to people that hugo wants to go and more than likely will go. But fuck me...not man utd please levy, you bald headed little cunt.
Why would he ever want to stay ?
With no net investment ever , he could be used to buy another bunch of
sell on prospects , contract rundowns or cheapo 3rd choice squad players .
Kane will be gone in a couple of years under Levys tightfisted frugal policy of
footballing non achievement .
ENIC are here not win to things , take financial risks such as really challenge for top 4,
but make a long term sell on profit .
Lucky us we have the perfect parasites that we deserve as so many love them.
( and especially Arse , fans )

I see some on here are now suggesting we can use the Lloris money to strengthen elsewhere. But why are we the only PL team to have to sell players in order to buy. Why must our net spend always balance out, despite the many other income streams coming into the club. Are we in financial difficulty or something. Or do our owners lack ambition. As Vertonghen said, if we have ambition we won't sell Lloris. I think he's more qualified to know than us lot. We'll see.

Quite funny reading the past 'ITKs'...

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 13th May

Lloris WILL BE HERE NEXT SEASON. Not shouting! But that is how emphatic the talk from inside is.

They still confident?

Who: Hertyid
When: 8th June
Where: COYS

Hugo may leave. I dont think any of us would begrudge him a move to Man Utd. He's been a great keeper for us, very dedicated, and deserves to play at the top level. We will be handsomely rewarded should he depart.
Bentaleb is going nowhere.

:llorisserious:

Sky Sports banner headline: 'Lloris say he wants CL football'

Did anyone actually see the interview he did with sky at France v Belgium?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...n-to-champions-league-football-with-tottenham

Have a look, they have edited it where he answers the loaded De Gea question and only put in the CL and Man U questions.
He said after that (paraphrase) ...'and I am a Spurs player until 2019'

Out of: (paraphrase) 'yes CL is the level and we( spurs) work hard to achieve that and hopefully we will.
They have got 'Lloris wants CL football but out of respect for Spurs refuses to rule out move to Man U'

Anyway if he goes whoever wants him are going to pay through the fucking nose for him. If we sell him to Man U at all after the berbatov bollocks then expect them to have to stump up about £40m+. Italy's keeper cost £32m +
If Hugo is going then he did Spurs a massive favour by signing for another 5 years last summer.
Very noble of him in this day and age especially as he has only been here 2 years & had 3 managers!
If he really wanted CL football so much he could have stayed at Lyon. He had it there and could have had it every year since he's been here. He could also have refused to sign a new deal until this summer when he knew whether or not we'd be in it.

Last edited:
As I said you could play eight cb's and people will always shoot from outside the box. I refer you to the Watford v Spurs '87 Fa Cup semi-final at Villa Park. We knew they had a shit keeper and it was 3-0 after 3 minutes or whatever.

...wasn't he a waiter or summit??
a1efc9ac-45f7-485a-88c5-8875d97389f0.jpg

Quite funny reading the past 'ITKs'...

Who: Jasper
Where: SO
When: 13th May

Lloris WILL BE HERE NEXT SEASON. Not shouting! But that is how emphatic the talk from inside is.

They still confident?

Who: Hertyid
When: 8th June
Where: COYS

Hugo may leave. I dont think any of us would begrudge him a move to Man Utd. He's been a great keeper for us, very dedicated, and deserves to play at the top level. We will be handsomely rewarded should he depart.
Bentaleb is going nowhere.

:llorisserious:
Dont panic guys, Bentaleb isn't going anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom