Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I`m sorry mate but this fucking fantasy.

De Gea is not going to Madrid for CL football, or even the money. He`s from Madrid. It`s his club.

Liverpool DID keep hold of Suarez when he openly demanded a move. What happened ? They almost won the fucking title. They only sold him the following year because the cunt got another lengthy ban for eating people.

And Gerard ?????. What the fuck you talking about. Liverpool kept him for his entire fucking career. Despite NOT making the champions league for 4 consecutive seasons. He hasn`t left for a CL club. He`s gone to the MLS because his best years have long gone.

Ok oh wise one.. You keep believing that all you have to do is say " you're not leaving " and then the player stays, it really is that simple..

He's not going to Man Utd.
I hope your right Joe. I really fucking do. But I remain convinced Vorm signed on the understanding he'd be number 1 next season. And to see the Levy fan boys already starting to get their excuses in makes me feel sick. I remember Gazza turning down Utd for Spurs. It weren't that long ago really.Then I see patronising comments like Millbanks above. Fucking small time.

I hope your right Joe. I really fucking do. But I remain convinced Vorm signed on the understanding he'd be number 1 next season. And to see the Levy fan boys already starting to get their excuses in makes me feel sick. I remember Gazza turning down Utd for Spurs. It weren't that long ago really.Then I see patronising comments like Millbanks above. Fucking small time.
I remember Gazza telling Ferguson to poke it too, but I can't see even Levy willing to strengthen United at our expense for £25 million or whatever (yes, I know he's done it 3 times already). However, I wouldn't agree that Millbanks' comment is small time, they can offer more money, and CL football. This is a bit different though - he's on a 5 year contract - he doesn't have to go anywhere. It would be different if it was 1 or 2 years. I haven't seen anywhere that Hugo is desperate to leave - it's a load of paper bollocks because of the de Gea situation.

Obviously I don't know - I just can't see it.

Edit: I don't think a 32 year old Vorm, who was 2nd choice at Swansea was bought to be our no1. He was brought in for cover for Hugo and the cups. If Hugo goes, and Vorm gets injured in October - who plays in goal?

Last edited:
I agree about the media ginning up a story and that when asked if they want to play CL football anyone is going to say yes, but Hugo's comments about "monitoring the situation" and De Gea still being at United "at the moment" are a bit worrisome. He didn't exactly try to run off the questions with a ringing endorsement that he plans to stay, nor would he be trying to leverage the uncertainty into a contract extension, having recently signed long term. As for Levy refusing to sell to a rival, it's hard to force a player to stay if they want out. Unless you're Southampton.

I agree about the media ginning up a story and that when asked if they want to play CL football anyone is going to say yes, but Hugo's comments about "monitoring the situation" and De Gea still being at United "at the moment" are a bit worrisome. He didn't exactly try to run off the questions with a ringing endorsement that he plans to stay, nor would he be trying to leverage the uncertainty into a contract extension, having recently signed long term. As for Levy refusing to sell to a rival, it's hard to force a player to stay if they want out. Unless you're Southampton.
Don't agree - if Southampton can do it, I'm sure we can. If we had to replace Lloris, we'd need another keeper. And after all that had happened, what would be left out of the rumoured £25 million we'd get for him?

Last edited:
Your going to defend Levy if He sells Hugo to Man Utd, ain't you ?
:adewtf:
You failed to explain how you are comparing Manchester United with Tottenham Hotspur. Forget Levy - you was actually suggesting we have the same pulling power because they finished below us last season and only one place above us this season.

That was my point.

Patronising comments? Or putting your crazy comparisons into perspective?

I'm not making excuses. Selling Hugo would be shit, and a bad message to the other players and our fans. Two things I'd say though -

1) Hugo is bigger and better than Spurs. We should hold onto him and build around him. He should be made captain, and probably be our highest paid player.
I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave though. You could hardly look at Modric or Carrick and think they made a bad decision for their careers.

2) I actually think we could replace Hugo. Bernd Leno or Roman Burki would be my top choices. Our defence is far more worrying than our GK situation. He shouldn't have to make half the saves he does, and teams have finished in the top 4 with far worse between the posts.

Gazza was years ago made. Like two decades. Football has changed beyond recognition since then. Surely you can see that.

You can fuck off with your small time bollocks, really. It's all about player power these days. We'd do very well to hold onto him if he and his agent push hard for a move. More to the point - do we want a player that doesn't want to play for us?

Anyway - all this over some bullshit interview where he confirmed he'd like to play CL football. As I've already said, any player not playing in it would say that - compete non story for the moment.

I actually think we could replace Hugo... Our defence is far more worrying than our GK situation.

Without agreeing with the whole rant, this part can't be said enough. Even if we had to replace Hugo, and maybe even if we had to go with Vorm, we would still be vastly better off if we just managed to fix the defensive issues. I desperately don't want to see him go, but retaining him is not our top priority.

Without agreeing with the whole rant, this part can't be said enough. Even if we had to replace Hugo, and maybe even if we had to go with Vorm, we would still be vastly better off if we just managed to fix the defensive issues. I desperately don't want to see him go, but retaining him is not our top priority.
You don't fix your defensive issues by selling your world class goalkeeper.

I remember Gazza telling Ferguson to poke it too, but I can't see even Levy willing to strengthen United at our expense for £25 million or whatever (yes, I know he's done it 3 times already). However, I wouldn't agree that Millbanks' comment is small time, they can offer more money, and CL football. This is a bit different though - he's on a 5 year contract - he doesn't have to go anywhere. It would be different if it was 1 or 2 years. I haven't seen anywhere that Hugo is desperate to leave - it's a load of paper bollocks because of the de Gea situation.

Obviously I don't know - I just can't see it.

Edit: I don't think a 32 year old Vorm, who was 2nd choice at Swansea was bought to be our no1. He was brought in for cover for Hugo and the cups. If Hugo goes, and Vorm gets injured in October - who plays in goal?
Me. I will do it for free. Couldn't catch a cold but fuck it. I'm game for the shirt mate

Me. I will do it for free. Couldn't catch a cold but fuck it. I'm game for the shirt mate
That made me laugh because some people on here seem to think that if you have a quality back line, you could put anyone in goal - maybe I've misread it but that's the impression I get. What is the point of the best back line in the world if you have a hapless custodian in goal? People shoot from outside of the box don't they - you could play 8 centre halves, and that would still be the case.

And Vorm is 12 years younger than Friedel. - so has many years still in him. Who else will play in goal? I don't know. Maybe the academy could do its job and produce a goalkeeper. Going back a few years, I know we bought Brown, Jennings and then Clements 'cos we gave Pat away so as a goalkeeper, would you join THFC with close to zero chance of 1st team football? Vorm was very impressive as Swansea's keeper. If Lloris wants to leave then so be it. A loss but tough. More important is the crap in front of Lloris. Let's get rid of all the junk we've bought since the sale of Bale and strenghthen the defence, midfield and attack.

And Vorm is 12 years younger than Friedel. - so has many years still in him. Who else will play in goal? I don't know. Maybe the academy could do its job and produce a goalkeeper. Going back a few years, I know we bought Brown, Jennings and then Clements 'cos we gave Pat away so as a goalkeeper, would you join THFC with close to zero chance of 1st team football? Vorm was very impressive as Swansea's keeper. If Lloris wants to leave then so be it. A loss but tough. More important is the crap in front of Lloris. Let's get rid of all the junk we've bought since the sale of Bale and strenghthen the defence, midfield and attack.
My question was, who would you play in goal? You didn't answer that. Who are the 'crap' in front of Lloris? Vorm is not an impressive goalkeeper, he was 2nd or 3rd choice for Swansea when we bought him for pennies. Did you see us get knocked out of the FA cup by Leicester? Well I fucking did. If you think you can build a good team with an average keeper, then I don't know what to say.

Back
Top Bottom