January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the January window open yet ?

Not for us...

PS273.jpg

More chance for silverware than at Hull. Plus more money, and it's freaking Monaco.

Why more English players don't go abroad I'll never understand.
The money's gone. The owner isn't spending anymore since he's had a rather messy divorce. And as nice as Monaco is, the cost of living is pretty high too.

More English players should probably go abroad sooner, but Monaco would not be a club I'd be quick to put on my list of ideal destinations.

The money's gone. The owner isn't spending anymore since he's had a rather messy divorce. And as nice as Monaco is, the cost of living is pretty high too.

More English players should probably go abroad sooner, but Monaco would not be a club I'd be quick to put on my list of ideal destinations.

One would think Monaco could offer a bigger salary than Hull based only on their CL participation and the massive fee they got for James Rodriguez, but who knows.

One would think Monaco could offer a bigger salary than Hull based only on their CL participation and the massive fee they got for James Rodriguez, but who knows.
The money isn't in the club necessarily. They have a massive wage bill because of what they were paying to get people to join "the project" when they were down in Ligue 2. The money is now gone because of the divorce. They can't pay the same wages, and CL cash hasn't been paid yet.

And don't forget, the TV deal in England means that outside of maybe 10-20 clubs across Europe (and the rest of the Premier League), Hull probably pay higher average wages.

From Sky Sports:

There had been talk of Liverpool signing Danny Ings in January and loaning him back to Burnley for the rest of the season, but the Clarets have quickly refuted that suggestion in a statement.

Chief Executive Lee Hoos said: “This type of move would violate Premier League rule V7 regarding transfers so simply cannot happen. This is the last time we will be making any comment regarding the player’s future.

“Over the course of the window, the player himself, Sean Dyche and the chairman have made it clear he won’t be going anywhere and we consider that the end of the matter.”

For those who don't know - V7 rule states that a player cannot be purchased and loaned back between Premier League clubs in the same transfer window.
However, an EPL club whose owners own a non UK/EPL club can buy players from the EPL for that non UK/EPL club- who's purchase price is put onto the foreign clubs books - and then loan them straight back to their UK club without the players ever leaving the shores of the UK or setting foot on the premises of the club that signed them?

Then extend that loan period until the end of the season in January

Expect more big signings by NYCFC, signings that will not effect MCFC's spending and therefore abide with FFP; signings that will then be loaned straight back to them and which will be extended ad nausea, when in fact they are basically paying the fee and the wage bill

Good luck to the guy, wherever he ends up, he was always a player who offered something ( some times the something was the offer of huge disappointment ) but equally, he could be a game changer. Seems weird how he was frozen out...must be an inside story there

However, an EPL club whose owners own a non UK/EPL club can buy players from the EPL for that non UK/EPL club- who's purchase price is put onto the foreign clubs books - and then loan them straight back to their UK club without the players ever leaving the shores of the UK or setting foot on the premises of the club that signed them?

Then extend that loan period until the end of the season in January

Expect more big signings by NYCFC, signings that will not effect MCFC's spending and therefore abide with FFP; signings that will then be loaned straight back to them and which will be extended ad nausea, when in fact they are basically paying the fee and the wage bill
There may be a couple of court cases if they make a habit of it. I don't think they can be as blatant as they've been with Lampard going forward.

I rate Dele Alli so much, I know it's only ITK but he is fantastic. I'm personally from MK and I often go to there games on the off chance I cannot make it to WHL or others, he is the stand out player in league one, 18, 2 hat tricks(cdm/DLP), top scorer for the highest scoring team in the league, skilful, strong, quick, great shot, one for the future, reminds me of a young Stevie G but with more skill set and speed and less set piece. About £6 ish million is the money, they want the loan back for the rest of the season but I assure you, when he arrives at the end of the season, I can see Poch giving him a chance and Little Bamidele doing the business, 100% going to be part of the England set up if he makes the right choices, ie not going to Chelski, Man U, Citeh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom