Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much as the media and 'modern football' doesn't want you or any of us to say it... for fear of glorifying hooliganism... but genuinely fearing for your safety within the ground, and not making it back to the station in one piece is what (used to) create an 'intimidating' atmosphere at games... not flags, or, dare I say, ticker-tape!!

Ah right, that makes sense.

Much as the media and 'modern football' doesn't want you or any of us to say it... for fear of glorifying hooliganism... but genuinely fearing for your safety within the ground, and not making it back to the station in one piece is what (used to) create an 'intimidating' atmosphere at games... not flags, or, dare I say, ticker-tape!!

The only thing that's intimidating at Palace is that Fucking Eagle they let loose just before kick off. It shits everywhere.

I've been to their ground a few times in with their home support as I've got a few mates who are palace fans. Tbf when I've been there there were large sections of the holmesdale and Arthur wait (?) stands singing constantly throughout their games, a much, much better atmosphere than the park lane. Except, I dunno, their chants are sometimes a bit sort of cringey as well. Agree it's definitely not an intimidating ground, our away support is easily as good
My experience too. Have been to a few Palace away and home games as my best mate in school days was mad Palace (and 15 years ago it was ridic cheap). Found their fans genuine, humorous and good natured. But the ground is not exactly Millwall.

image004.jpg

Yids Army away

VS

tumblr_m3c3h1ipxw1r79hceo1_5001.jpg

HF home

Should be a reaallllllllllllly good atmosphere

Interesting, have thought about Eriksen in the deeper role for a while. Heard great things about Onomah, you think he is ready for this game?

Well he is playing for the u21s tonight so he won't be ready I guess haha. I don't really even rate Eriksen in a deeper role it's just that our options aren't exactly ideal. Stambouli and Dembele would be fine I suppose.

Well he is playing for the u21s tonight so he won't be ready I guess haha. I don't really even rate Eriksen in a deeper role it's just that our options aren't exactly ideal. Stambouli and Dembele would be fine I suppose.

How many times have people even seen Eriksen in a classic deep role? Seriously, he is a feather

Seriously, even if we do end up losing tomorrow. It's so obvious that the predictions are loaded, what's the point? It's just some useless tired old cunt getting paid to give his pub analysis. I wouldn't mind if if it wasn't me paying for the bin dipping tart, but it is. Paying for some brainless fartbag to talk about how amazing Liverpool are. Well guess what, tache, we hate you and your vile little club.

This is the guardians prediction for our team, I bloody hope they are wrong,

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Capoue, Stambouli, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

No way Stambouli would play as a right winger and no way Capoue would be thrown in, despite having no game time and being out of favour. Other than that, seems about right.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Verts, Davies, Dembele, Lennon, Chadli, Kane, Eriksen, Soldado][/formation]

Would be interested to see Lennon pushed back. Because if you're going to use any of our midfielders in a more holding role he seems the one best suited to it. His defensive work rate is certainly high and it would create a mess of space to exploit when he starts making runs.

In my mind Stambouli is the new Paulinho. He just doesn't have what it takes.

Back
Top Bottom