Paulinho the dreadnought vs Adam the skaghead round 2 aka vs Stoke thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He doesn't count at the moment as you can't count as a homegrown until after 21 because players don't need to be registered until after 21. So when he comes of age and has to be registered, he will be a homegrown player. Same is true of Harry Kane who is too young to be registered as well.
He asked if he's a HG now - only saw 'will he be' part later

----------------------Lloris----------------------
Naughton----Dier----Vertonghen----Rose
--------------Mason----Stambouli------------
Lamela-----------Eriksen-------------Chadli
----------HARRY FUCKING KANE---------

----------------------Lloris----------------------
Naughton----Dier----Vertonghen----Rose
--------------Mason----Stambouli------------
Lamela-----------Eriksen-------------Chadli
----------HARRY FUCKING KANE---------

FUCK YOU .... 442 at home!
------------------Lloris
Naughton Fazio Vertonghen Rose
Lamela Mason Stambouli Townsend
-------------Kane
--------------------Soldado

Yes. Been here since he was 17.

"A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)."

...yeah, but does he like Pie Mash 'n Liquor all washed dahn wiv a cuppa splosh whilst watching Bullseye?

THAT'S what we mean by homegrown... If they can't quote a line from The Italian Job or sing the theme tune to Only Jews Fools & Pussies Horses, then they're not worth knowing... none of this affiliated with the FA for 36 months nonsense!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Naughton, Dier, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Dembélé, Townsend, Lamela, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]
Give Capoue and Chadli a rest. Both not convincing last game imo, despite Chadlis goal.
Further Davies in for Rose. Deserves a chance, while Rose might need a pause.
Last but not least: HURRY KANE!!!

LLoris
Naughton Fazio Vertonghen Davies
Stambouli Mason Chadli
Lamela
Kane Soldado

Fuck knows how it fits together but that's who I want playing.

LLoris
Naughton Fazio Vertonghen Davies
Stambouli Mason Chadli
Lamela
Kane Soldado

Fuck knows how it fits together but that's who I want playing.
-------Davies-------------------Chadli----------------
-------Verts---------Mason--------------Soldado---
Hugo-----------------------------------------------------
-------Kaboul------Stambouli----------Kane-------
-------Naughton---------------Lamela---------------

Probably would end up looking like this. I'd go for the same thing, although I wouldn't mind swapping Eriksen for Lamela.

Stoke have been one of the highest pressing teams this year, and very possession oriented. They're not playing Pulis-ball anymore. This could make for an interesting show on Sunday.

But what is more important in the eyes of Poche and Levy, beating the Greeks, or beating Stoke?

[formation=4213, Lloris, Naughton, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Stambouli, Eriksen, Kane, Soldado, Chadli][/formation]
Kane combines very nicely with Soldado, and Eriksen will get room to work behind the pair. And I still like Chadli making his diagonal runs, since regardless of how unglamorous they look, they're damned effective.

Lloris

Naughton - Fazio - Verts - Davies

Mason - Eriksen

Lamela - HarryFuckingKane - Chadli

Soldado

Want to see Lamela and Soldado link up with Kane behind, Eriksen doing a Modric impression and Mason just RUNNIN' ARAHNND annoying people

Not sure I understand why so many of you seem so eager to get Davies in for Rose. Rose has been pretty good of late IMO.
He's been alright recently.
Early on in the season, he was great, but his form has dipped a bit.

Nevertheless, he's still much better than last season, but ... he needs to be reminded that his place isn't for granted in the PL. Plus, Rose's delivery sucks. And Davies (who's better in that aspect) should be able to cause more trouble (than Rose) by crossing balls to Kane and Chadli.

But Davies has been very dodgy against even poor opposition. Also his delivery really hasn't been that good, if his name was Rose, Walker or Naughton no-one would be saying his delivery was any good.

Anyway I think we should give Soldado, Kane and either Lennon or Andros a go for this game. Mix it up a bit and see what we can do with a different set up. I'd like to see.

[formation=4411, Lloris, Naughton, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Andros/Lennon, Mason, Stambouli, Chadli, Soldado, Kane][/formation]

Back
Top Bottom