January 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with our team compared to the other top teams (maybe except everton and liverpool) is that we lack a world class player (not including hugo). If you look at the others with the likes of aguero/silva, di maria/rvp/falcao, sanchez, fabregas/costa they all have an outstanding player up top, in the case of man utd maybe 3 or 4.... We need that sort of player in our team. Thing is they cost a lot and it seems like we're never going to go for one despite our need for them.

The problem with our team compared to the other top teams (maybe except everton and liverpool) is that we lack a world class player (not including hugo). If you look at the others with the likes of aguero/silva, di maria/rvp/falcao, sanchez, fabregas/costa they all have an outstanding player up top, in the case of man utd maybe 3 or 4.... We need that sort of player in our team. Thing is they cost a lot and it seems like we're never going to go for one despite our need for them.
We have the ability to spend about 75% of what those idiots above us can. Unless we sell another Gareth Bale, we have to focus on spotting them early, or growing our own. Lamela is on his way to becoming one. I think Eriksen and Kane will get there too. And when they do they will do it as a unit and it will be mind-blowingly brilliant.

All we need is Yedlin

We have the ability to spend about 75% of what those idiots above us can. Unless we sell another Gareth Bale, we have to focus on spotting them early, or growing our own. Lamela is on his way to becoming one. I think Eriksen and Kane will get there too. And when they do they will do it as a unit and it will be mind-blowingly brilliant.
Kane - on way to being world class?! Seriously?

for Real Madrid

I would love a striker with the quality of Jackson Martinez or Paco Alacer but sadly it's just not possible in our current state plus they would probably 'flop' anyway

Probably been said many times but when is levy going to back a manager. I know we buy low, sell high and we have over the past 5-10 years one of the lowest net spending in the prem so our finances are good but levys control of the transfers feels as if a manager never can really mould the team they want .

Our squad looks full of players completely unsuited to pochs high press fast moving football, will in jan poch be able to say these 10 have to go and these need to come in and we will pay a bit extra if needed. I just don't see the point of having managers with certain philosophies if they are not in control of our transfers as they need certain types of players to make it work. If not we might as well have stuck with no tactics Sherwood and not worried about moulding a style.

I hope poch is allowed to drive the transfers and be given time to build and mould a team, say what you want about Woolwich but they do play as a team and have fluid movement.

Ideal for me would be as below: 3 in 3 out January.

Goalkeepers - Well stocked there assuming no issues with Vorm.

Full backs - Well stocked. Rose playing well, Davies young. Walker not far off and Yedlin to come in Jan.

Centre Halves - Kaboul + Vertonghen partner ship was what we hoped for against Woolwich. Hopefully that can continue. Fazio looks ok., Early days. Dier looks great. Would like to see more at CB.

CM - Capoue is good, Stambouli looks solid if not spectacular. Bentaleb and Mason are great youngsters. Still feel we need someone top end their though. Wasn't too arsed about Schneirderlin but now thinking he could have done well.

AM - Lamela / Eriksen / Chaldli all good. Lennon still offers something for me. Townsend and Kane are good youngsters and Spurs. Think another player like Rodriguez, someone who can score plenty from AM would suit.

ST - Adebayor and Soldado not looking spectacular but can't see us shifting them. Would love to add someone else.

Lloris / Vorm

Rose / Davies / Walker / Naughton / Yedlin

Kaboul / Vertonghen / Fazio / Dier / Velkovic

Capoue / Stambouli / New Player / Bentaleb / Mason

Eriksen / Lamela / Chadli / Lennon / New Player / Townsend / Kane

Adebayor / Soldado / New Player

Out goings:
Chiriches (Shit)
Paulinho (Shit)
Dembele (Not shit but doesn't seem to fit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom