New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

However , if you wish to challenge the validity of the CPO in the High Court, the challenge can must be made within 6 weeks of official announcement and be on one or more of 3 grounds:
  • That the powers granted are “ultra vires”. This means they go beyond the powers permitted by the Act of Parliament under which they are being sought.

• That the procedural rules have not been followed correctly.

• That the Minister or the Inspector has not acted properly in reaching a decision – for example that there was no evidence to support the decision, or that irrelevant considerations were taken into account or relevant ones ignored.

So, what is it?
Good points. My guess is that they've probably gone for option 2 or 3, or both. Both seem suitably vague, so that any decent lawyer could spin something out of them.

I'm amazed no one has smashed up Archway yet. Let me be clear: I am not condoning it, I would never do so myself, and I hope no one does. But how football fans can exact so much violence on one another (I know it's not the 80s anymore but still) yet every other week walk past a shack that is holding up not just our club but our entire fucking area, and who may single-fucking-handedly ensure we have to go to Milton Keanes, without so much as a thrown bottle is beyond me.

Again, not condoning it, just surprised at how well behaved everyone is.
You never know mate, it might mysteriously burn to the ground very soon. You know how the local hoods love a fire. Levy is probably sanctioning this act as we speak, down in the ghetto with gang leaders.

However , if you wish to challenge the validity of the CPO in the High Court, the challenge can must be made within 6 weeks of official announcement and be on one or more of 3 grounds:
  • That the powers granted are “ultra vires”. This means they go beyond the powers permitted by the Act of Parliament under which they are being sought.

• That the procedural rules have not been followed correctly.

• That the Minister or the Inspector has not acted properly in reaching a decision – for example that there was no evidence to support the decision, or that irrelevant considerations were taken into account or relevant ones ignored.

So, what is it?

I would expect them to appeal on points 2 & 3, but considering how this is such a high profile development & regeneration scheme, then I am more than certain all correct procedures will have been followed to the letter. In my opinion it is just another delaying tactic, which will be rightly dismissed and found in our favour.

I am sure THFC & Haringey Council will have had lawyers, planning consultants, forensic accountants etc. going over every detail to ensure it is completely water-tight and that all possible legal technicalities for appeal have been covered.

I am 100% confident this new stadium will happen.

Lets be honest, Archway fucked themselves when they got greedy and held out for more in the beginning. Now will never get what was originally on offer even with the appeal, their only hope now is to be a pain in the arse by going to appeal and dragging out the situation and hoping that Spurs will come back to the table with an offer higher than what they stand to get currently, in order to speed up the process.

In spite of the fact Archway know they know they will lose their appeal, I'm sure they are thinking they will get a big payout from Spurs so we just get it done and start the building...problem is, we know Archway are greedy fuckers, so the question is how much will they try to hold out for, and will Levy be prepared to give them what they want to get the Stadium under way?

Levy has some balancing to do, more delays could be costly in the long term, but I seriously doubt Levy will be held to ransom by some two-bob metal works either

Apologise ! Why, actually what is fucking happening. I`ll tell you whats happening. We`re still playing in the same size stadium as when Enic took control at the turn of the century, and we`ll still be playing in the same woefully inadequate stadium for the forseeable future too. I suggest you apologise for making such a pathetic request.

Have you not read any of what is going on? Archway Metal works have been digging their heels in for 7 years! 7 fucking years of legal wrangling to try and shift these fuckers and you still think Levy / Enic are the problem?

Who genuinely thinks we'd sell out a 50,000+ seater stadium, week in, week out?

So many of our games to to General Sale in a 36k seater. Can't see us filling another 15 to 20k seats regularly, to be honest.

Not to mention Europa League / domestic cup games.

Apologise ! Why, actually what is fucking happening. I`ll tell you whats happening. We`re still playing in the same size stadium as when Enic took control at the turn of the century, and we`ll still be playing in the same woefully inadequate stadium for the forseeable future too. I suggest you apologise for making such a pathetic request.

So you admit per my post you are a moron then John?

Too easy this

In the meantime, if my Spurs play some games at MK I can walk there. Ha!
I've got to admit, as much as I can understand the complaints about it being so far out of London, and the critisims of having anything to do with the MK Dons, or in any way funding the Wikidome...

...I'll still be well pleased if it happens!

So many of our games to to General Sale in a 36k seater. Can't see us filling another 15 to 20k seats regularly, to be honest.

Unless they sort out ticket prices and make them cheaper (hahaha) then there's no way we'll sell it out each week. But I've got to admit I don't care about that as I'm hoping it will help lots of people like me get a season ticket

like sr i.m old skool... don't buy the absolute bollocks spouted about waiting lists etc etc..
firstly enic are doing it arse upwards imho.. i.e success will come with the wedge that extra capacity will bring from building a new stadium
allowing us to compete .instead of success on the pitch first & then build to capacity success will bring.

secondly & far more important football attendances in this cycle has gone over the top and are now in decline & the sooner this is realised the sooner they will stop a 60k white elephant from happening.. apart from a small number of games per season.
state of the art tv & pc coverage at home or from the pub where your able to watch from 40 different angles is the new going to the game for the beardy drainpipe fickle generation ... trust me! the clubs & football itself in this country has alienated & outpriced its core support the working man & his children from attending games on a regular basis & they will never return .

of course a new stadium will be filled at first.. its called a novelty factor & west ham will prove this next season when they move to the helmand province memorial stadium

been going since the late 60's & been at the lane with 11k in it & been there with over 60 k in it..

Last edited:

Woolwich never sold out a 39k Highbury for every match but it didnt stop them building a much bigger ground. If we want to compete at the top, we need a bigger stadium.Its so fucking obvious. Even if we didnt sell out every week, only getting 36k spectators for the many games we could get 56k for is costing us millions in revenue. Its also about stature. We are a big club with a big fanbase, but if a potential new signing has the choice of playing at the emirates or WHL, it goes without saying which one he`s likely to opt for.

On the same thread, there are an effin lot of Spurs fans in MK and in a 20 mile radius or so. A hardship for London travellers to the Lane but shit happens. Personally I can't wait for the new stadium. I disagree with the pessimists who think we won't fill a 56k stadium. There are a huge number of fans who aren't members who get fed up of not getting a tkt currently when a game goes on general sale. I just hope that when it's here there's a bloody good atmosphere unlike the Woolwich library.

We really are the laughing stock of football right now...
can't seem to do ANYTHING right!

Unlike ArseAnal.. who somehow seem to have wrangled their way into being the football/media darlings right now... summit to do with rainbow laces campaign maybe??
cocksuckers! (and not in a gay way... just in a creepy-crawly way!)

Back
Top Bottom