New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do not ask me why, but I for some reason felt like emailing the club after the release of today's statement. This is what I sent them and yes I know my grammar & punctuation are shit.

Dear THFC

I just wanted to pass-on how grateful I am, for the update you have provided supporters with today about the new stadium.

It is quite clear to me, that the club have done everything to push this project through as quickly as possible and I feel totally gutted there is now going to be a further delay. Like many supporters, I cannot believe how resistant Archway have been, considering how many other businesses have already relocated and the huge benefits the NDP will have in regenerating the area.

I am desperate for this new stadium, as I see it as my only opportunity to one day have a season ticket. I would be grateful if you could pass my comments onto the relevant member of staff or project team please, as they are clearly doing everything that can be done at the moment.

Again, thank you for today's update and despite it being negative news, I am certain all Spurs supporters appreciate being kept up-to-date with progress.

Kind regards.

David Winsley

Last edited:
Solution:
UwCSGoT.jpg

Do it Levy.

Do not ask me why, but I for some reason felt like emailing the club after the release of today's statement. This is what I sent them and yes I know my grammar & punctuation is shit.

Dear THFC

I just wanted to pass-on how grateful I am, for the update you have provided supporters with today about the new stadium.

It is quite clear to me, that the club have done everything to push this project through as quickly as possible and I feel totally gutted there is now going to be a further delay. Like many supporters, I cannot believe how resistant Archway have been, considering how many other businesses have already relocated and the huge benefits the NDP will have in regenerating the area.

I am desperate for this new stadium, as I see it as my only opportunity to one day have a season ticket. I would be grateful if you could pass my comments onto the relevant member of staff or project team please, as they are clearly doing everything that can be done at the moment.

Again, thank you for today's update and despite it being negative news, I am certain all Spurs supporters appreciate being kept up-to-date with progress.

Kind regards.

David Winsley

They'll have been in charge for almost 20 years by the time we kick a ball in this supposed new stadium.

Some of the options we heard for the 'homeless' season are fucking depressing.

Ipswich, Reading, Brighton, Milton Keynes FML.

Surely it's got to be reduced capacity Wembley (no Upper tier) or else we share Stratford for a season or bully our way into Twickenham (can't see that happening).

Let's face it, they are all shit options.
Wembley is the best option but local council won't allow it.
Sharing Stratford could be funny as we fill it one week and the spammers only get 25k in there the following week. Make them look even more shite
It is going to be MK I think

We should remember that we have only offered them land , costs for relocation and planning permission. They have to stump up the £ and all associated costs to actually build a new factory from scratch. They would have to go into debt by loaning the money to do so. Therefore, their reasoning is why should we have to go into debt to get something we already have?
I think that we should come to some kind of compromise. If not paying a fair lump some towards/for their new build or, dare I say it. loaning them the money interest free!
I doubt that a business would risk financial ruin for spite, but maybe if they thought they were NOT getting a fair deal.
I can see both sides of the story. If I had a family business that was doing fine and was told I have to relocate my business to a new piece of land on the north circular but had to fund the building of a brand new factory myself with money I don't have I'd be pissed. Despite them giving me the land and costs for planning permission.

How much are we talking? What would it cost to builld a factory of the same size as Archway metal?
Just wondering if we are having this major hold up for the sake of 1 million or so*

*Yes, i know.I wouldnt mind finding it down the back of my sofa

Wembley is the best option but local council won't allow it.
Sharing Stratford could be funny as we fill it one week and the spammers only get 25k in there the following week. Make them look even more shite
It is going to be MK I think

Ha-ha, I hope no-one at THFC has ever considered us sharing the library with the scum for one season, there would be blood-shed I am sure.

Also, anyone who has been to the Library would agree with me that it was not built for football fans, and is solely about hosting a corporate events.

I'm almost certain it will be Stadium MK for one season at least.

Ha-ha, I hope no-one at THFC has ever considered us sharing the library with the scum for one season, there would be blood-shed I am sure.

Also, anyone who has been to the Library would agree with me that it was not built for football fans, and is solely about hosting a corporate events.

I'm almost certain it will be Stadium MK for one season at least.
It's out of town so no local council issues, it will suit them as we will contribute to their new tier of the stadium.
It doesn't suit the fans but from the club's point of view it is quite easy

Find it highly amusing seeing some section of Spurs support telling the rest to not allow "tribalism" to get in the way of "the facts." The same section of "support" that blindly hate everything ENIC and haven't produced a single shred of evidence that that business have never been treated fairly or offered decent amounts.

Same boring shite every time. "The £25m was never demanded" So what was asked for then? "It certainly wasn't £25m" So what was it then. Etc,etc,etc. Tell everyone that is sick of the business holding everything up that ENIC are the Big Bad, yet provide nothing to even remotely suggest that AWS have been fair. What about the rest of the borough? What about all of those businesses that now thanks to ONE company will now go a season without the passing custom generated on match days. Yeah "fight the power!" Morons

However , if you wish to challenge the validity of the CPO in the High Court, the challenge can must be made within 6 weeks of official announcement and be on one or more of 3 grounds:
  • That the powers granted are “ultra vires”. This means they go beyond the powers permitted by the Act of Parliament under which they are being sought.

• That the procedural rules have not been followed correctly.

• That the Minister or the Inspector has not acted properly in reaching a decision – for example that there was no evidence to support the decision, or that irrelevant considerations were taken into account or relevant ones ignored.

So, what is it?

What about the rest of the borough? What about all of those businesses that now thanks to ONE company will now go a season without the passing custom generated on match days.

I'm amazed no one has smashed up Archway yet. Let me be clear: I am not condoning it, I would never do so myself, and I hope no one does. But how football fans can exact so much violence on one another (I know it's not the 80s anymore but still) yet every other week walk past a shack that is holding up not just our club but our entire fucking area, and who may single-fucking-handedly ensure we have to go to Milton Keanes, without so much as a thrown bottle is beyond me.

Again, not condoning it, just surprised at how well behaved everyone is.

International games over? Nothing really going on in world of sport? who you gonna call? Tottenham Hotspur of course, the walking contintent of drama and gossip, dont worry BBC.com, we will always have something for your front page!

Arse reneged on improving Holloway, Drayton and Finsbury park stations, on the sports centre and on underground parking at the stadium didn't they? I also wonder if 1200 of those flats are affordable.
I always wondered if we explored buying out the retail park at Tottenham Hale/Ferry Lane and relocating them to the High Road..Right next to both Over & Underground stations ?

Back
Top Bottom