Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

waddle doodle, bone dry, Snarlin'

Oh sorry wrong one.

(exercise in just how niche a reference can be and just how much utterly pointless information my mind retains. HUGE respect to anyone that gets that without the use of Google, i'd imagine not many)

I wouldn't say that's a lot of money, particularly in the modern day market were Borini is supposedly worth £14m!
Agreed. Also, considering what we paid for Lamela - who had a similarly successful season at his old club before joining. Griezmann also had a great world cup - so he "should" actually be more expensive (i'm sure he will be once Chelsea & Monaco start bidding...)

With Lamala on the right, Eriksen in the middle and Greizmann to the left and hopefully a decent striker... We would be fucking lethal upfront.

Disclaimer
I don't think we will get Greizmann.

The spursy way to end the Griezmann saga would be for us to see images of him completing his medical at Enfield, with Mourinho and Abramovic waiting at the gate with a few briefcases of cash to steal him from under our noses.
With Abramovic it might be a few surface to air missiles and a black box or two!

So what? It's not like that means there's a limit to how much a club can bid for him..
Sure, there's no limit, but why would a club bid more than the release clause? It's not like a higher bid would mean the lower bid from another club isn't accepted.

The bidding war only comes in to play with wages really.

If we are in for him we will bid the alleged release clause then offer him our best package, same as everyone else. No one is bidding more than the release clause. Doesn't make any sense.

If we are in for him we will bid the alleged release clause then offer him our best package, same as everyone else. No one is bidding more than the release clause. Doesn't make any sense.
Woolwich. 40 million plus 1 pound bid for Suarez.

And yet they were savaged in the media.

Back
Top Bottom