Thread Where We Can Talk Shit About Other Clubs’ Transfers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm getting so bored of the "Liverpool won't do a Tottenham" rhetoric, especially when it comes with the "they have a transfer plan" addition.

We lost Parker, signed Capoue
Lost Bale's creativity and wing ability, signed Lamela and Eriksen
Lost Caulker, signed Chiriches
Lost an attacking and traditional central midfielders in Dempsey and Huddlestone, signed Paulinho
Needed a striker, signed Soldado

What part of that "lacks a plan?" Can anyone explain because apparently unlike God of football Lawrenson and the rest of the twat ex professionals and Liverpool ring piece lickers I'm struggling to see where that remotely looks scattershot.

They don't NEED a def mid, but sign Can. They don't NEED a right winger but sign Markovic, they needed balance on the left so sensibly have Lallana and have signed Lambert presumably to help deal with the loss of Suarez's goals. They've lost Suarez and 2 freebies. So in 4 transfer deals only 2 are in areas that needed work, whereas all 7 of ours last season where to replace things we had directly lost that summer......but we had no plan?

Alright.

You're forgetting - Liverpool are the great national football team that everyone loves according to the completely scouse biased media. They're transfer plans are perfect and void of criticism. You must feel sorry for them because the greatest English midfielder in history had to suffer coming 2nd in the PL and despite singlehandedly contributing to every successful thing England did at the WC, had to go out at the group stage. It is unfair for them because all of the other clubs steal their transfer targets that they have scouted since the age of 9 and are complete unknowns like Clint Dempsey and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Fucking scouse cunts.

You're forgetting - Liverpool are the great national football team that everyone loves according to the completely scouse biased media. They're transfer plans are perfect and void of criticism. You must feel sorry for them because the greatest English midfielder in history had to suffer coming 2nd in the PL and despite singlehandedly contributing to every successful thing England did at the WC, had to go out at the group stage. It is unfair for them because all of the other clubs steal their transfer targets that they have scouted since the age of 9 and are complete unknowns like Clint Dempsey and Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Fucking scouse cunts.

Ah thank you! Can't believe I forgot all that, I don't know what I was thinking

:pochfacepalm:

Ummm "YNWA" or something

I'm getting so bored of the "Liverpool won't do a Tottenham" rhetoric, especially when it comes with the "they have a transfer plan" addition.

We lost Parker, signed Capoue
Lost Bale's creativity and wing ability, signed Lamela and Eriksen
Lost Caulker, signed Chiriches
Lost an attacking and traditional central midfielders in Dempsey and Huddlestone, signed Paulinho
Needed a striker, signed Soldado

What part of that "lacks a plan?" Can anyone explain because apparently unlike God of football Lawrenson and the rest of the twat ex professionals and Liverpool ring piece lickers I'm struggling to see where that remotely looks scattershot.

They don't NEED a def mid, but sign Can. They don't NEED a right winger but sign Markovic, they needed balance on the left so sensibly have Lallana and have signed Lambert presumably to help deal with the loss of Suarez's goals. They've lost Suarez and 2 freebies. So in 4 transfer deals only 2 are in areas that needed work, whereas all 7 of ours last season where to replace things we had directly lost that summer......but we had no plan?

Alright.

Agreed , It can get annoying but it will just make it even funnier if they flop this season

The difference is, Liverpool are buying to bolster there squad for the added champions league games they will have to play! Their starting 11 wont be much different than last season, with the only new players starting off in the team will be PL experienced players. They will not struggle for goals. Whereas Spurs needed to replace there only real goal getter in Bale and got Soldado who I think is a class player, its just the system didn't suit him. How many new players were thrown into spurs starting line up, 3 or 4?. Thats the difference im my eyes.

I don't know, Liverpool's acquisitions more often than not seem distinctly average. After losing Suarez and with the weight of sustaining a continental competition I can absolutely see them backsliding next season a la United. Rodgers' dealings largely seem to be more Borini and Aspas than Coutinho and Sturridge.

The difference is, Liverpool are buying to bolster there squad for the added champions league games they will have to play! Their starting 11 wont be much different than last season, with the only new players starting off in the team will be PL experienced players. They will not struggle for goals. Whereas Spurs needed to replace there only real goal getter in Bale and got Soldado who I think is a class player, its just the system didn't suit him. How many new players were thrown into spurs starting line up, 3 or 4?. Thats the difference im my eyes.
Suarez scored/created a similar percentage of their goals as Bale did ours. Whether Sturridge etc can keep up the same goalscoring record without the creative force of Suarez remains to be seen.

Their attack saved their frail defence from getting destroyed too so I can see that being a problem if they don't sign some top quality.

Back
Top Bottom