Suarez is a c*nt.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He needs to be banned for the protection of his fellow professionals. He clearly can't be trusted to play a game of football without assaulting an opponent. Let's not forget the time he booted Parker in the stomach and gouged his eye.

A cunt of the highest order

It's time to throw the book at this cunt. Cantona got 7 months for that incident at Selhurst Park, Maradona got 15 months for testing positive for cocaine etc. Suarez has now bitten three opponents, one of them during a high-profile Premier League game, and another in a crucial World Cup group stage game. He's put the game into disrepute time and time and time and time again, FIFA need to get their arses in gear and put him out for at least a season.

But will FIFA go this far? Probably not.
FIFA could make a statement, a positive one, for a change. They might do it looking at all the (justified) negativity surrounding them. Blatter might somehow see this as an opprtunity to help his re-election.

Remarkably lucky for Liverpool if he's banned for a number of months thus preventing him being transferred to la liga. I'm sure they'd rather play half a season without him than lose him completely

FIFA could make a statement, a positive one, for a change. They might do it looking at all the (justified) negativity surrounding them. Blatter might somehow see this as an opprtunity to help his re-election.
That's a good point actually. It might be a way for Blatter to cloud over FIFA's internal problems (and those at the World Cup) by making a big deal of the situation. He might be made a scapegoat in order to cover up other, bigger, issues. And I wouldn't mind at all, I hope he gets disgraced publicly.

May I remind you all of this in the last world cup...

suarez2_1671849c.jpg

Gotta be somewhere between a 1-2 season ban surely?

What I find staggering from a psychological perspective is how, after 2 long bans for the same thing, some part of his brain doesn't think 'this may not be a good idea' before biting. It is just such a very strange thing to keep doing. There's being ultra competitive and wanting to win at all costs... And then there's the complete madness that is Luis Suarez.

The nuclear option has to go into effect. If he just gets an international ban then some clubs (Madrid) might value him even higher, because he's not being risked in extra matches beyond their control.

I believe that biting, in the case of Suarez, is a purely animalistic behavior. Young children often bite as a means of instinctive attack, using what is considered to be their most effect weapon. Adults, on the other hand, are only more likely to do so when put in an extreme situation as means of defense. Deep down, we are all just animals running about wearing rags and drinking coffee.

For Suarez, I think his passion towards winning or overcoming an opponent boils inside of him to a point where he almost has no control over his actions and lashes out. It is sad, despicable and almost admirable. He places so much importance on personal victory that he is unable to contain a primitive and deep-rooted response to adversity. The bloke loves the game and loves to win- but at the same time he is a vulgar little beast with no higher consciousness than a snappy terrier.

I believe that biting, in the case of Suarez, is a purely animalistic behavior. Young children often bite as a means of instinctive attack, using what is considered to be their most effect weapon. Adults, on the other hand, are only more likely to do so when put in an extreme situation as means of defense. Deep down, we are all just animals running about wearing rags and drinking coffee.

For Suarez, I think his passion towards winning or overcoming an opponent boils inside of him to a point where he almost has no control over his actions and lashes out. It is sad, despicable and almost admirable. He places so much importance on personal victory that he is unable to contain a primitive and deep-rooted response to adversity. The bloke loves the game and loves to win- but at the same time he is a vulgar little beast with no higher consciousness than a snappy terrier.
But unlike a snappy terrier, he is is entirely aware of of his actions, and the consequences thereof. Hence his his ridiculous denials. Passion drives many a footballer, but this cunt's behaviour, coupled with his evasiveness, lack of remorse, or any sign of rehabilitation, must surely single him out for special treatment.

But unlike a snappy terrier, he is is entirely aware of of his actions, and the consequences thereof. Hence his his ridiculous denials. Passion drives many a footballer, but this cunt's behaviour, coupled with his evasiveness, lack of remorse, or any sign of rehabilitation, must surely single him out for special treatment.

100%. He is a deceptive and brooding menace and deserves due punishment. All great players are driven by passion but it should never excuse rancid behaviour. I was purely citing it in this instance in order to try and understand why he'd act like this.

I just feel, considering the repeat of the offence and him being overtly aware of his image and the repercussions he will face, might mean he actually has no control over it. It is a "fit of rage" type response due to anger (a la passion) and is entirely instinctive.
"A person in a state of rage may also lose much of his or her capacity for rational thought and reasoning, and may act, usually violently, on his or her impulses to the point that they may attack"- Wikipedia (lolz)

It might just mean that Suarez hasn't actually evolved as the rest of humanity has and is closer to a snappy terrier than most.

Great point here. This very well could become involved in the politics at a time that FIFA has its worst image ever.

Back
Top Bottom