Have we signed Frank de Boer yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whats the score, Frank de Boer?

• Total voters
I'm not sure if people are trying to compare Lennon and De Boer but there is one big difference between the two.

De Boer is at the club that revolutionized modern football tactics 100 fold more than other club in Europe. It is a club that has a strong tactical identity and from top to bottom thinks and embraces football philosophy. Neil Lennon is at Celtic.

De Boer learnt from the greats. Did time with youth, did time with Internationals and then took over a team with a real playing philosophy.

Lennon worked under the lord of anti-fotball for a fair chunk of his career. Went from Reserve coach - first team coach - manager very quickly and then was fortunate enough to lose the only competition he had.

The Dutch league has nothing on the premiership, but it is a hell of a lot better and more competitive than the SPL.

No comparison, IMHO.

What has he 'done'?

Turned Raheem Sterling from a typical English nippy winger into a player that is playing with confidence across the pitch. Scoring goals, assisting them, creating havoc.

Taken Daniel Sturridge, a player with a huge bag of ability but (perhaps unfounded) questions over his attitude from those in the know and turned him into an incredibly productive striker.

Taken Henderson who was a national joke and turned him into a player who is essential to that team (in the same way Ramsey has become essential at Woolwich).

He's a coach, he develops players. A pretty good one as well. I'd kill to see any sort of progression amongst our players.

According to 'de telegraaf' fdb can forget about spurs. Levy is pissed that he told the media and forced spurs to that statement... Spurs called the newspaper to get translated articles before publication

Telegraaf is shite paper but well informed with regards to Ajax

Last edited:
According to 'de telegraaf' fdb can forget about spurs. Levy is pissed that he told the media and forced spurs to that statement... Spurs called the newspaper to get translated articles before publication

Telegraaf is shite paper but well informed with regards to Ajax
Sounds bullshit. If we wanted to be all secret about it why would we contact a newspaper for translation?!

Sounds bullshit. If we wanted to be all secret about it why would we contact a newspaper for translation?!

I assume the newspaper contacted spurs after they got the fdb quote. Spurs press dude informs management about upcoming article. Management calls their telegraaf contact from the eriksen/ verthongen sagas. Telegraaf gives them a pre publication for good relations sake

Or levy went to telegraaf.nl and sent a form to [email protected]. Fuck i know

I dont think Frank de Boer`s coming really is he. I dont even think we`re going to get Southamptons Pinniochio. In fact, the more I think about it the more I think Levy is planning to keep his own man in charge. Tim, the cheap option. Fucking dilemma now. My membership renewal pack came this morning. There going to take my fucking money by D/debit on 16 May. I just cannot bring myself to renew if Sherwood is kept on. As a supporter of what I always thought was a big club, I honestly think I deserve better. I really dont know what to do.

FDB is the #1 target, IMO.

Levy doesnt like operating in the the open, and isnt adverse to bullshitting his way out of a tight spot.

My guess is he is trying to diffuse things for a week or so before making his moves

I dont think Frank de Boer`s coming really is he. I dont even think we`re going to get Southamptons Pinniochio. In fact, the more I think about it the more I think Levy is planning to keep his own man in charge. Tim, the cheap option. Fucking dilemma now. My membership renewal pack came this morning. There going to take my fucking money by D/debit on 16 May. I just cannot bring myself to renew if Sherwood is kept on. As a supporter of what I always thought was a big club, I honestly think I deserve better. I really dont know what to do.

think of it this way, even if TS stays on next yr, what about the year after we get a top manager?

ull be waiting a fucking long time to get a season ticket again..

The thing is..if FDB ends up as our manager now, after that club statement, Levy will look like a liar and a clown.

Not necessarily.

It's perfectly viable that it wasn't the club. It could have either been an intermediary, or people posing as the club (undercover reporters, media etc.) trying to gain information.

Didn't United or someone recently (last couple of years) meet agents to sign a big player who, it turned out, had nothing to do with the deal and the agents had made it all up?

FDB is the #1 target, IMO.

Levy doesnt like operating in the the open, and isnt adverse to bullshitting his way out of a tight spot.

My guess is he is trying to diffuse things for a week or so before making his moves

I doubt he likes doing business in the open any more than he likes having Sherwood banging on his door forcing him into making half arsed statements at gun point.

Either de Boer was asked say nothing, or he wasn't. If he was, then he fucked up - if he wasn't, then the club's men in black fucked up, and Levy by association.

Not necessarily.

It's perfectly viable that it wasn't the club. It could have either been an intermediary, or people posing as the club (undercover reporters, media etc.) trying to gain information.

Didn't United or someone recently (last couple of years) meet agents to sign a big player who, it turned out, had nothing to do with the deal and the agents had made it all up?
Do you think that's what has happened here?

Do you think that's what has happened here?

Not impossible. Media have been obsessed with the situation since December in their simultaneous "keep sherwood but let's talk about who should replace him" schitzo frenzy, so I'd be more surprised if they hadn't been ringing managers pretending to be spurs to get inside info.

Back
Top Bottom