Tottenham Hotspur FC v Sport Lisboa e Benfica

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm looking forward to this game. Wonder what team Sherwood will put out.

I bet it'll be a team that Sherwood thinks will work their socks off, something like. Bear in mind with injuries we are really quite limited too.

Lloris;
Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose
Townsend, Sandro, Dembele, Chadli;
Eriksen;
Adebayor:

I thought only Finns spelled it "-sen". Everyone else writes "-sonne"

Fun match as my baby sister will be watching intently, swearing at Benfica. She's Porto (though, like AVB, she started Académica), so I hope to tap into that anger while watching myself.

Big depends, on who's fit (and wants to play)?
……………...Lloris;
Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Ericson;
………..Adebayor. Soldado

We are on par with these teams, if, we just pull together!

I thought only Finns spelled it "-sen". Everyone else writes "-sonne"

Fun match as my baby sister will be watching intently, swearing at Benfica. She's Porto (though, like AVB, she started Académica), so I hope to tap into that anger while watching myself.

Whaaat? Finns don't use "-sen" in surnames. Norway and Denmark does. :eriksenserious:

Sweden, Iceland etc. use "-son". Never heard "-sonne". :gylfi:

Big depends, on who's fit (and wants to play)?
……………...Lloris;
Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Ericson;
………..Adebayor. Soldado

We are on par with these teams, if, we just pull together!

And I swear , I've never heard of Ericson ! Is he a telephone or manager.?:)

Looking forward to this game and i'm going down the pub
UK1lw.gif

It's a shame that this match is coming when we're having an implosion as it takes some of the gloss of it.

This is a huge tie historically for us. Benfica are the side who stopped us (by fair means or foul) from winning the European Cup. If they or the ref hadn't been bent then we would have a big shiny pot in the trophy room already as whoever won our semi would have gone on to win.

Anyway, I'm hoping for a win including a couple of offside goals in this tie, just to make the point you know.

Back
Top Bottom