Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we should fight fire with fire. Even with 5 defenders we'd end up losing a Spurs 5-0.

I was going to suggest a stupid tactic full of attack minded players, but then realised that we don't have any fit or useful ones.

*sigh*

Remember the days we had the strongest subs bench in the league? Where's everyone gone :/

I think we should fight fire with fire. Even with 5 defenders we'd end up losing a Spurs 5-0.

I was going to suggest a stupid tactic full of attack minded players, but then realised that we don't have any fit or useful ones.

*sigh*

Remember the days we had the strongest subs bench in the league? Where's everyone gone :/

Lloris
Walker Vertonghen Rose
Paulinho Dembele
Lennon Eriksen Chadli
Adebayor Soldado
What's the worst that could happen :adegrin2:

What's the worst that could happen :adegrin2:

adebayor.gif

Are Woolwich expecting to get anything from the Bayern game or will they concede that and rest a few of the key players? Interesting to see, as it could mean the difference on Sunday.

Are Woolwich expecting to get anything from the Bayern game or will they concede that and rest a few of the key players? Interesting to see, as it could mean the difference on Sunday.
Considering their form has distinctly improved this season over recent years, I would be utterly surprised if they didn't give the game a shot. After all, Chelscum overturned Barca to go onto the final. No reason to give up half way through.

Not a chance.. Arse will go out all guns blazing.. They'll still get massively spanked but they will play their strongest 11..
Watching them get stuffed will,lift the gloomy cloud following me about..

Three sloppy errors eh? How about this: Would Siggy or Lennon have pounced on that like Eto did? I suppose the two people he nutmegged to score was also lucky eh?

No it's a TEAM issue. We were pressurized in most of the goals and Chelsea had the quality to finish it. Its not luck...Luck has nothing to do with it. We got beat because they know how to win and we put out a toothless squad with a low footballing IQ.
Comparing Gylfi and Lennon to Samuel Eto'o is absolutely mad. For a start none of them 3 play the same position. Eto'o was the highest paid player in the world until recently, and is probably still up there. Has been one of the best strikers of our generation. Mental comparison.

If Van Gaal came out and said something similar you would all be saying "Oh it's just part of his character, oh he's a loose cannon, oh he is using it to fire the players up"
Agree 100%. Double standards, because Sherwood hasn't 'done it' in management. But that shouldn't mean he can't tell the players when they've let us down. Tim's in charge, he can do as he sees fit until he isn't. The fact we are comparing him to LvG who hasn't, isn't and might never be our manager is fucking bizarre in my eyes.

If Van Gaal was was in charge of this squad we wouldnt have been cunted 4-0
Fact. Thanks mate. With insight like that, maybe you should be in charge instead of Levy.

Not sure if you're aware, but he currently manages Netherlands, so unless you know something I don't, he wasn't available at the time of hiring Tim. So what's your point?

We wouldn't have been "cunted 4-0" if Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro and Walker didn't all fuck up within 35 minutes of each other. Probably Tim's shit tactics telling them to slip over, get sent off and attempt 40-yard back-pass headers though, right?

Watched this at the pub and as their first goal went in 2 Chelsea fans behind me started hissing. What sort of fucked up mind would think to hiss instead of celebrate their goal. Horrible fans.

Agree 100%. Double standards, because Sherwood hasn't 'done it' in management. But that shouldn't mean he can't tell the players when they've let us down. Tim's in charge, he can do as he sees fit until he isn't. The fact we are comparing him to LvG who hasn't, isn't and might never be our manager is fucking bizarre in my eyes.
Given that LVG has been quite publicly courting the role, that Levy has been out to have extensive talks with him and that it is widely expected he will take over in the summer (hardly unfounded rumour) I dont think its bizarre at all he enters the conversation.

Sherwood should absolutely be able to tell the players what he thinks. That is the right of any manager. He shouldnt, IMO, be doing it in public though. That NEVER ends well. In fact its often the beginning of the end for a manager, and so I do think its fair to say that was ill advised at best.

Honestly what I would think if it were LVG saying the same as Sherwood is the same as I do now, its probably right what he is saying but it shouldnt have been done in public at all. I would also still think it was the sign of a struggling manager.

However, the difference is I think LVG would have the gravitas to recover the position. Sherwood? not for me...

We wouldn't have been "cunted 4-0" if Vertonghen, Kaboul, Sandro and Walker didn't all fuck up within 35 minutes of each other. Probably Tim's shit tactics telling them to slip over, get sent off and attempt 40-yard back-pass headers though, right?
Holy shit! Is that what he's been telling the team to do?
No wonder everyone hates him..........

Given that LVG has been quite publicly courting the role, that Levy has been out to have extensive talks with him and that it is widely expected he will take over in the summer (hardly unfounded rumour) I dont think its bizarre at all he enters the conversation.

Sherwood should absolutely be able to tell the players what he thinks. That is the right of any manager. He shouldnt, IMO, be doing it in public though. That NEVER ends well. In fact its often the beginning of the end for a manager, and so I do think its fair to say that was ill advised at best.

Honestly what I would think if it were LVG saying the same as Sherwood is the same as I do now, its probably right what he is saying but it shouldnt have been done in public at all. I would also still think it was the sign of a struggling manager.

However, the difference is I think LVG would have the gravitas to recover the position. Sherwood? not for me...
I'm getting a vibe that you're not warming to him..........
could just be me though
:)

Watched this at the pub and as their first goal went in 2 Chelsea fans behind me started hissing. What sort of fucked up mind would think to hiss instead of celebrate their goal. Horrible fans.

Maybe they were drunk... or you were hanging around with the wrong Chelsea fans. :holtbytongue:

Back
Top Bottom