Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

well, i ll like to be one of the top clubs in europe even if its success is bought than a CL aspiring, title aspiring just above mid-table team.

and here's the truth, all of you, will come down of your high horses and accept that fate too if u get that choice.

Id rather be in the Championship than follow a club that has done what Chelsea and City have

You won the double the other year, and even your own fans were bored. Whats the point?

Why do chelsea fans even bother trying to 'defend' their success? Anyone that supports any club knows that chelsea have purchased their success just like Man city have. the difference is that most City fans and ones that I know ACCEPT that it is money that has brought them silverware, fucking hell there is even a banner at the Eithiad that proclaims ' they are not really here ' and thats the rub, and why so many people like me despise everything about Chelsea as their supporters seem to be labouring under the illusion that they have always been a 'big' club.............swap places and squads and I guarentee Chelsea would not sell out each week like we do at WHL

oh? well there was a fan who said chelsea "spent" 300mil a year (wrong in so many ways). but no one includes that in the first 2 mourinho years we too sold a lot of players and the transfer money did come down.
anyways, hearing most of the arguments of the fans on here, it seems as simple as this, spend money on transfers = success. well in that case, my argument that "spending" is just one part of it. hence the comparison is not illogical. the thing that is illogical it to equate chelsea's recent success to money. it it illogical in saying "u won cos u spent so much" instead of simply saying, the match was pretty evens until the jan-blunder. and this has not been the first time spurs have done this. even in the pool 5-0 defeat, u guys seemed pretty much on top, then the suarez goal and everything went berserk!!!
Send someone else in, mate. You're not very good at this.

ground_arial_old.jpg

mF1J3h8ZLRlNoq35B8dYvKw.jpg

Middle-finger-emoticon.png

well, i ll like to be one of the top clubs in europe even if its success is bought than a CL aspiring, title aspiring just above mid-table team.

and here's the truth, all of you, will come down of your high horses and accept that fate too if u get that choice.
Dont agree, Chelsea are your poor mans Man Utd/Liverpool/Barcelona/ Real and BMunich etc... You are trying to aspire to their greatness but will always be seen as a side who bought success because you have no true history?. Your big derby game of the year is against Fulham ?

didierforever

Do us all a favor you chav cunt and fuck off...

Haven't you and terry got some kids to molest, team mates wife's to fuck or some black people to call n*****s?

The only thing softer than a chelsea fan is a marshmallow...so jog on...

thats true. JT, FL, IVA, CECH, these guys play for money... oh wait!!!
while only vertonghen plays for the badge.

I'd have a bit more respect for you if you had only stuck to the match analysis and accept, even if you don't say it out loud, that winning the sugar daddy lottery has been an indispensable aspect of your success.

And I never said Vertonghen plays for the badge. The reality is that Roman has enough money to buy half a dozen Vertonghens and sit them on the bench, stick them in the reserves or loan them out. Please don't pretend otherwise.

New manager in the summer, probably a top name.

Lauding begins.
Some players leave.
We dont replace them.
Season starts: 50% love the new way, 50% hate it
We bicker here
Get knocked out of the cups one by one
Bicker some more
Finish 5th

I've never read a better SAMMYSPURS post.
Ever.
Quality here, for sure.

Still won't "Like/Thanks" it though.
:levylol:

I do have to say that it makes me laugh that a few weeks ago, we had a near 50-50 poll about wanting a Sheik to come in.......

Now, its wrong when a Chelsea fan gloats

To be fair, sammy, our West London friend here is talking about "character, fight and the player's love for the club" :llorishuh: . I think the Spurs fans who want a Sheik would admit openly it's the money.

oh? well there was a fan who said chelsea "spent" 300mil a year (wrong in so many ways). but no one includes that in the first 2 mourinho years we too sold a lot of players and the transfer money did come down.
anyways, hearing most of the arguments of the fans on here, it seems as simple as this, spend money on transfers = success. well in that case, my argument that "spending" is just one part of it. hence the comparison is not illogical. the thing that is illogical it to equate chelsea's recent success to money. it it illogical in saying "u won cos u spent so much" instead of simply saying, the match was pretty evens until the jan-blunder. and this has not been the first time spurs have done this. even in the pool 5-0 defeat, u guys seemed pretty much on top, then the suarez goal and everything went berserk!!!
It is as simple as that. Before the Bates Harding era Chelsea were run of the mill shit. Bates and Harding spent money you didn't earn and bought some measure of success until harding died, and bates ran the club to the brink of collapse - and then you got saved by your fairy godmother. If you are too dumb to understand that everything you have won is the product of rampant spending and nothing more then thats your problem. Just don't come on a spurs board and talk rubbish and trying to make out any of your success was hard won or deserved.
The on field success was deserved because of great players and management for sure, but it is as creditworthy as saying you pulled last night, when all you did was pay a prostitute.

To be fair, sammy, our West London friend here is talking about "character, fight and the player's love for the club" :llorishuh: . I think the Spurs fans who want a Sheik would admit openly it's the money.

Not gonna defend a Chelsea fan talking shit.

But Im not sure what passion our fans think a Sheik would bring here...

I can't speak for them, but perhaps those that opt for that path have given up on passion and consider money the solution.

For me, surely there must be a sheik or oil oligarch somewhere who's a boyhood Spurs fan :adegrin:

Not gonna defend a Chelsea fan talking shit.

But Im not sure what passion our fans think a Sheik would bring here...

:avbfacepalm:

No fan thinks a Sheik would bring passion

docomospur docomospur is saying that any fan who wants a Sheik would do so for money and admit it.

What the chelsea fan is doing is trying to say their rich man is nothing to do with their success and it's all about passion, which is false.

Chelsea are additionally funded by Abramovich via interest free soft loans channelled through his holding company Fordstam Limited. The loans stood at £709 million in December 2009, when they were all converted to equity by Abramovich, leaving the club itself debt free, although the debt remains with Fordstam. Since 2008 the club has had no external debt.In November 2012, Chelsea announced a profit of £1.4 million for the year ending 30 June 2012, the first time the club has made a profit under Abramovich's ownership

Back
Top Bottom