New Manager Poll

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your pick as new manager?

• Laudrup

Votes: 33 13.1%
  • Klinsmann

Votes: 21 8.4%
  • Capello

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Hoddle

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Redknapp

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • Luis Enrique

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Sherwood/Freund combo

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Another PL manager

Votes: 9 3.6%
  • Hiddink

Votes: 49 19.5%
  • Anyone else

Votes: 58 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We are in an awkward situation as a club. We have a lot of top tier players. I have this feeling that THEY feel they should be managed by a top tier manager. So unless whoever comes in is a fantastic man manager I think he will fail regardless of how gifted he is technically. Its hard to explain but basically we are on the cusp of something and the next guy in charge, if he is the right choice could take us over it. Like I said earlier I would love Hoddle to make us successful but I don't think he will simply because our "top tier" players would not buy into him.

We are in an awkward situation as a club. We have a lot of top tier players. I have this feeling that THEY feel they should be managed by a top tier manager. So unless whoever comes in is a fantastic man manager I think he will fail regardless of how gifted he is technically. Its hard to explain but basically we are on the cusp of something and the next guy in charge, if he is the right choice could take us over it. Like I said earlier I would love Hoddle to make us successful but I don't think he will simply because our "top tier" players would not buy into him.
So Lister was making sweeping generalisations, yet you feel comfortable imagining yourself capable of being inside the heads of thirty pro footballers and proposing what and who they will work for.
Given that they think in their own language as well means that you can speak Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Togolese and Icelandic to boot.
I think that Hoddle will fail for the same reported reasons as last time, if their was any truth in the rumours.

So Lister was making sweeping generalisations, yet you feel comfortable imagining yourself capable of being inside the heads of thirty pro footballers and proposing what and who they will work for.
Given that they think in their own language as well means that you can speak Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Togolese and Icelandic to boot.
I think that Hoddle will fail for the same reported reasons as last time, if their was any truth in the rumours.
I've read your post a few times, but I'm failing to get your point.
1. What are you asking me?
2. Why (in your opinion) did Hoddle fail last time?

How about Mackay after he gets the boot? Good manager, some PL experience and he knows how to work under idiotic chairmen.
No. Has no prior experience in playing the brand of football Spurs fans demand. I could never see him bettering AVB for results.

West Brom would be a good testing ground for him.

Because what I saw horrified me.
So as far as you are concerned, he is done! 24 hours into in potential managerial career?
Your mind is made up? Please @ Lister Lister tell me you are not that short sighted.

I'm not saying he is the masseur (messiah), but surely that 90 minutes is not enough to come to a definitive conclusion.
It seems that your mind is made up. You may well be proved right but there is nothing so far to base your certainty on.

So as far as you are concerned, he is done! 24 hours into in potential managerial career?
Your mind is made up? Please @ Lister Lister tell me you are not that short sighted.

I'm not saying he is the masseur (messiah), but surely that 90 minutes is not enough to come to a definitive conclusion.
It seems that your mind is made up. You may well be proved right but there is nothing so far to base your certainty on.

Tell me, how would you define the role of Caretaker? What, if you were given the job, would your thoughts be? What would the remit be?

Tell me, how would you define the role of Caretaker? What, if you were given the job, would your thoughts be? What would the remit be?

You remind me of a politician...

Q: "So secretary of education...how do you explain promising more money for schools, and then closing down five schools in a month?"

A: "Well. What do you think about the war in Iraq?"

You remind me of a politician...

Q: "So secretary of education...how do you explain promising more money for schools, and then closing down ficve schools in a month?"

A: "Well. What do you think about the war in Iraq?"

We had a very similar conversation last night, you were determined to miss the point then, I expect the same now.

Id rather not do it all again with you.

the brand of football Spurs fans demand.
I love this shit. It's like what TIMMY said in his press conference "I know what the fans want".

People who talk about what the fans want have never spoken to the fans. Go into any match thread on this forum and there's massive differences between what one fan wants and another wants. In fact, there are a few on here that do complete about turns in the space of two fucking pages!

Nobody knows what the fans want, because we don't even know.

I'm not looking for a reaction
Im asking you how you view the role. Its a genuine and sensible question.
I don't know mate. Personally he is not my first choice manager, but who knows how good or bad he will become? My point is that you "seemed" to have dismissed him after one game. I think that is unfair.

Try it instead getting involved then.

While you're at it, try answering Oreally, instead of answering him with a question of your own.....
Try minding your own business. I am involved a great deal on here, constructively, and funnily enough am not the one told how to behave but a different poster every day.

Try minding your own business. I am involved a great deal on here, constructively, and funnily enough am not the one told how to behave but a different poster every day.

Funnily enough, you love to answer my posts, but still have'nt answered Oreally

Ok, maybe I'll have better luck:

Back
Top Bottom