Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In the ground? No one was booing them or chanting against them. They'll always be the odd grumble.

If you're talking on here then yes i'm sure people turned but that will always be the case unless you're seriously challenging.
I was fed up with Conte by the end did not Boo just didn't sing Antonio. This was as much to do with the instability of not signing a new contract and how much he moaned. His comments after the Milan match really put me off him especially seeing that I went to Milan to watch the first game lost a battery pack to the security then to watch a game we created diddly squat.

I was fed up with Conte by the end did not Boo just didn't sing Antonio. This was as much to do with the instability of not signing a new contract and how much he moaned. His comments after the Milan match really put me off him especially seeing that I went to Milan to watch the first game lost a battery pack to the security then to watch a game we created diddly squat.
The fact that he was living in a hotel made me think he was never going to want to stay long.

View: https://youtu.be/HncQY75KaNs?si=n3Zf8XSQnRicFGmg

Not really got the time to go through looking for other examples, I have things to do!

Fair enough. 1 game though. Woolwich fans were much worse with Arteta in what was a pretty sustained campaign and they stuck with him. Liverpool fans drive unliked managers out in weeks like they did with Hodgson. Chelsea with Poch now as well, they treated Benitez even worse. I honestly dont think we're worse than anyone else and proably better than a few.

The fact that he was living in a hotel made me think he was never going to want to stay long.
God Mourinho and Conte were bad ideas. Not because they are bad managers but if you are not going in with a massive transfer budget or a complete buyin to their principals you are wasting yours and their time. To be honest if we are not going to Buy in to Ange's vision and support him with the players he needs we are waisting our time once again and we may miss this small window where the title will be there for the 4/5th biggest side in the country can win it.

Thats it for me. I would have been happy with 6th at the start of the season with better football and signs of a plan but circumstances change over a season. Man U, Newcastle and Chelsea have been abysmal, we have played a grand total of 3 cup games and obviously had that amazing start to put us in a great position. Given Villa are in Europe and our team is at least as good i think it'll be dissapointing not to get 4th.

I mean we did have 5 game spell in which we got just 1 point from a possible 15 due to injuries and suspensions though?

Our PPG outside of those games has been 2.1 which over the course of a season is 80 points...

Sure that is picking and choosing but it also shows that when everyone is fit and firing, we are up there. But as we all know, our squad isn't anywhere near where it needs to be.

We've had to play Royal and Davies at CB four times this season, we conceded 12 goals in those four games, lost two of them, drew one and won the other...

If we want to take out that opening 10 games too, which people seem to dismiss due to Ange being new to this league and all that, our PPG since Newcastle at home is 1.94 (17 games) ... Which again over the course of a season is 73 points. Which would be our 3rd best ever points total in a Premier League season.

And within those games, we've missed Maddison for 6 of them, van de Ven for 6 of them, Sarr for 3 of them, Bissouma for 6 of them, Son for 3 of them...

We've done incredibly well. Especially when you consider ALL of the factors. Losing our best ever player and top goalscorer. Losing key players to injury, suspension, international duty, the loss of confidence and form, the "lack of plan B", being "found out"and all that.

Well how come the Gooners rebuilt before we did, whose to blame?

We go through managers too quickly

That's a false equivalence.

They started their rebuild alongside having a new manager 5 years ago

We just recruited our manager last August.

Did you expect us to be challenging for the league or something this season, I don't understand your arguments?

Fair enough. 1 game though. Woolwich fans were much worse with Arteta in what was a pretty sustained campaign and they stuck with him. Liverpool fans drive unliked managers out in weeks like they did with Hodgson. Chelsea with Poch now as well, they treated Benitez even worse. I honestly dont think we're worse than anyone else and proably better than a few.

Yeah you’re right. It’s not just us, but football fandom in a nutshell.

Social media probably hasn’t helped, it’s encouraged people to be overreactionary

But we still need wingers a decend defensive midfielder, a CF, cover for VDV surely that means we haven't bought good enough players during this ongoing rebuild.

We got a an old player in Perisic, and now he's gone, we brought in Werner on loan. We're trying to do it on the cheap.

Will next year be rebuild too?

Of course we do, because the rebuild isn't complete :confused:

Werner is just a loan so for now pointless casting judgement on that part of the the recruitment unless you thought us continuing with Gil is better?

God Mourinho and Conte were bad ideas. Not because they are bad managers but if you are not going in with a massive transfer budget or a complete buyin to their principals you are wasting yours and their time. To be honest if we are not going to Buy in to Ange's vision and support him with the players he needs we are waisting our time once again and we may miss this small window where the title will be there for the 4/5th biggest side in the country can win it.
Just seems to me that people will continue claiming we're in a rebuild unless we win something.

Of course we do, because the rebuild isn't complete :confused:

Werner is just a loan so for now pointless casting judgement on that part of the the recruitment unless you thought us continuing with Gil is better?
Ah yes Gil, I forgot to add him to our everlasting rebuild.

When will you say the rebuild is complete?

Ah yes Gil, I forgot to add him to our everlasting rebuild.

You're just rambling/ranting this morning aren't you.

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

Just seems to me that people will continue claiming we're in a rebuild unless we win something.

Isn't that literally the case with everyone, everyone is in transition until they win because the end destination is winning a trophy, that's where we want to get to don't we?

Arteta is still talking about phase 4 of 5 by the way and they're 5 years deep into their project.

You're just rambling/ranting this morning aren't you.

Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki
No, I'm saying is we were now top of the PL with the same players, the rebuild would be over. Or if we were still playing like we were for the first 10 matches, nobody was claiming rebuild then, It's just something people, saay when we play poorly.

I mean we did have 5 game spell in which we got just 1 point from a possible 15 due to injuries and suspensions though?

Our PPG outside of those games has been 2.1 which over the course of a season is 80 points...

Sure that is picking and choosing but it also shows that when everyone is fit and firing, we are up there. But as we all know, our squad isn't anywhere near where it needs to be.

We've had to play Royal and Davies at CB four times this season, we conceded 12 goals in those four games, lost two of them, drew one and won the other...

If we want to take out that opening 10 games too, which people seem to dismiss due to Ange being new to this league and all that, our PPG since Newcastle at home is 1.94 (17 games) ... Which again over the course of a season is 73 points. Which would be our 3rd best ever points total in a Premier League season.

And within those games, we've missed Maddison for 6 of them, van de Ven for 6 of them, Sarr for 3 of them, Bissouma for 6 of them, Son for 3 of them...

We've done incredibly well. Especially when you consider ALL of the factors. Losing our best ever player and top goalscorer. Losing key players to injury, suspension, international duty, the loss of confidence and form, the "lack of plan B", being "found out"and all that.
Thats all true and i wouldnt say its a disaster if we finish 5th. But sort of reiterates my point that circumstances change throughout the season. We came through that bad spell, got our players back, beat Villa 4-0, no fixture congestion or Europe and should have pushed on. But we've made it difficult for ourselves with 2 terrible performances and 1 average against Fulham, West Ham and Newcastle. Even 4 pts from that lot and its a different story.

Back
Top Bottom