Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte got too much stick imo. But I genuinely feel the players we sign or fail to sign are more important than any of our managers.

I'm talking about the likes of N'Dombele instead of Rodri etc.
Managers have some influence youā€™re going to get a player who will relate to a certain manager and will play for him others wonā€™t ā€¦..for me Lo Celso is a player but Postecoglou is not a believer now heā€™s sticking with Bissouma instead so youā€™ve now Lo Celso getting the hump because heā€™s not getting minutes same Hojbjerg never lets us down, come on does what heā€™s askedā€¦.. again no getting the minutes thatā€™s the managers decision.

Fucking shite again

57 points after 30 matches

Just 4 more than this stage last season

Conte/Stellini :devil incarnate, deserves to be locked in the stocks and pelted with rancid tomatoes

Ange : God, can get women pregnant with a stare and the word mate , must not be questioned under any circumstances

4 points difference , and we had Eric dier at the back last season

In the words of the great Shadydan Shadydan

"Make it make sense"

Where did you expect us to be after 30 games this season??

Most seasons 56-60 gets you around 8th. A lot of people on here were saying 7-8th would be a decent season after losing Kane.

Sone were even saying finishing mid table would be good. Others expecting bottom half finish.

Did you really 100% expect a title challenge? Were you one of ā€œthemā€?

With almost everyone (of note) fit, I'm not getting why we don't look anything like the first ten games of the season.

For all this talk of "being found out", we aren't being anywhere near as decisive or as attacking as those games. We have a lot of possession. We play a high line. But it was mesmerising for those games.

This is shit. The style of football between then and now is night and day. (Other than Villa, who imploded after having McGinn sent off)
Yeah, this is the bit i dont understand. Everyone is in training - they've now had a good enough amount of time to get match fit - and yet the confidence seems to have gone. Or they are all suffering from this "burn out" the Cetlic lads told us about. The main two issues for me now are that

1) we dont have a "real" centre forward, and the plan appears to be about getting the ball wide then hitting it across the box for this missing CF to tap them in and
2) Ange doesnt know what his best midfield is now, and to be honest I dont either. Maybe there isnt a first choice MF now, and he just needs to tell them its going to change depending on the oppo.

FWIW I thought that Biss played further forward earlier on this season with Sarr dropping in, this seems to have been reversed for some reason and we dont look as good - please correct me if im wrong on this but it feels like it (Biss as more of a true box to box player earlier in the season rather than a holding player)

Last edited:
Fucking shite again

Conte/Stellini :devil incarnate, deserves to be locked in the stocks and pelted with rancid tomatoes

Ange : God, can get women pregnant with a stare and the word mate , must not be questioned under any circumstances

"Make it make sense"
We got a fast start/new manager bounce with 26 points from 30 over first 10 games.

Since then weā€™ve picked up 31 points in 20 games. 20 games is slightly more than half a season and is a fairly good representation of where you are at. 31 points over 20 games averages out to a 59 point season haul. We finished 8th last season on 60 points.

I know we had a bad run of injuries and missing personnel after the Chavs implosion but since weā€™ve come back to close to full strength, results and performances havenā€™t really improved a whole lot.

Weā€™re going to finish in an elevated position to what we have. You canā€™t complain too much about that in a season of transition. We really do need to recruit well in the summer and Ange needs to up it as well next season.

really dont know what you plebs are complaining about TBH, spurs have been shit the last 4 years with managers that lost the fan base and the players didnt like and crap football to boot. most people were expecting mid table this year and that was b4 the loss of Kane! instead you got a manager that players seem to really respect, and for the most part play some great football and are sitting just outside the top4. Anges teams from the past dont usually click properly until the second season so judge him at the end of next year. dont forget that klop, pep &arteta didnt exactly set the world on fire in their first season. Also nKlopp has only won 1 PL title in 9 years, Pep just gets to buy whoever and whatever he wants. be gratefull plebs

Fucking shite again

"Make it make sense"
Does the Harry Kane differential come into your equation?

Would be more optimistic if we had a young Kane or other great young players coming through. Maddison is 27, Son 31, if they were younger with room to develop and years to play you could get excited. I just dont see the spine to build around in an apparent 3-4 year project that can win a title. Will Richarlison 26, Bentancur 27, Bissouma 27, Werner hit new heights?

Also who is the big signings to come in? Our Rice/ Van Djik to propel us to the next level. Rodrygo at Real Madrid might be surplus if Mbappe joins Real. Why then settle for Werner? Especially when Woolwich, Liverpool, Man City are expected to be interested in Rodrygo:: Rodrygo, Salah, Diaz, Jota; Rodrygo; Saka, Martinelli, Jesus; Rodrygo, Foden, Grealish, Doku. While we make Werner a permanent signing to compete with Johnson and Kulusevski.

Are we going to try and raid Leverkusen for their talent given Bundesliga clubs cannot compete with PL for wages? You can be sure others in our league will be having a crack.

We do not have nucleus to build a title challenge & I think Ange very naive talking about challenging for titles with our current dynamic

Would be more optimistic if we had a young Kane or other great young players coming through. Maddison is 27, Son 31, if they were younger with room to develop and years to play you could get excited. I just dont see the spine to build around in an apparent 3-4 year project that can win a title. Will Richarlison 26, Bentancur 27, Bissouma 27, Werner hit new heights?

Also who is the big signings to come in? Our Rice/ Van Djik to propel us to the next level. Rodrygo at Real Madrid might be surplus if Mbappe joins Real. Why then settle for Werner? Especially when Woolwich, Liverpool, Man City are expected to be interested in Rodrygo:: Rodrygo, Salah, Diaz, Jota; Rodrygo; Saka, Martinelli, Jesus; Rodrygo, Foden, Grealish, Doku. While we make Werner a permanent signing to compete with Johnson and Kulusevski.

Are we going to try and raid Leverkusen for their talent given Bundesliga clubs cannot compete with PL for wages? You can be sure others in our league will be having a crack.

We do not have nucleus to build a title challenge & I think Ange very naive talking about challenging for titles with our current dynamic

Bentancur is 26 and how comes your haven't included the like of Sarr, Porro, VDV, Udogie, Johnson, Vic in your assessment? Didn't we just sign Bergvall as well?

No decfions has been made on Werner and no one knows where Rodrigo will go if he actually leaves Real...

Bentancur is 26 and how comes your haven't included the like of Sarr, Porro, VDV, Udogie, Johnson, Vic in your assessment? Didn't we just sign Bergvall as well?

No decfions has been made on Werner and no one knows where Rodrigo will go if he actually leaves Real...
Because whilst they are good players, are they going to be difference makers when it matters and be consistent. You kind of prove my point when you put Johnson in that category - you think Brennan is going to be an uplift player from chasing 4th to chasing 1st? The difference in going from 4th to 1st is massive. Its going from Martin Skrtel to Van Djik. Stephen Ireland to David Silva. Adebayor to Aguero. Stewart Downing to Mo Salah.

Can't beat a reactionary outpouring after we fail to win a game.

If Udogie's shot right at the death gone in, would the reactions to the performance, our season, our play etc etc have been the same? I'd hazard a guess at no.

Low blocks are hard to break down. Always have been, always will be. How do you think we've managed to beat City numerous times over the years? Even the best teams fail to break down low blocks. Sadly, that's what happens when youre a higher end team going to the smaller clubs.

And we've done so more often than not this season. Something we will have to get used to.

Because whilst they are good players, are they going to be difference makers when it matters and be consistent. You kind of prove my point when you put Johnson in that category - you think Brennan is going to be an uplift player from chasing 4th to chasing 1st? The difference in going from 4th to 1st is massive. Its going from Martin Skrtel to Van Djik. Stephen Ireland to David Silva. Adebayor to Aguero. Stewart Downing to Mo Salah.

Those players have remained consistent all season though?

The difference going from 4th to 1st for us this season is 4 wins, wouldn't say that's 'massive'

Not sure on Johnson but he will improve, we obviously need better players up top though.

Can't beat a reactionary outpouring after we fail to win a game.

If Udogie's shot right at the death gone in, would the reactions to the performance, our season, our play etc etc have been the same? I'd hazard a guess at no.

Low blocks are hard to break down. Always have been, always will be. How do you think we've managed to beat City numerous times over the years? Even the best teams fail to break down low blocks. Sadly, that's what happens when youre a higher end team going to the smaller clubs.

And we've done so more often than not this season. Something we will have to get used to.

Spurs fans after we drop points are hilarious human beings, same set of fans would convince you that finishing as high as 6th this season would exceed all expectations.

The first 10 matches really got to people's head didn't it.

People are entitled to be disappointed and angry after poor performances no matter what you say. The truth is that Spurs isn't much better than last season.
This.

Results are papering over the poor performances. Worse, they are not learning. It's the same goals conceded all the time.

It's his first season, and he's done better than we ever thought. But because of that our expectations rose. Let's see what happens next season - more signings of the caliber needed to really implement his style.

It's just a bit of a flag that he won't change that style, and when even Moyes says "we know what they will do" you know you have a problem.

We got a fast start/new manager bounce with 26 points from 30 over first 10 games.

Since then weā€™ve picked up 31 points in 20 games. 20 games is slightly more than half a season and is a fairly good representation of where you are at. 31 points over 20 games averages out to a 59 point season haul. We finished 8th last season on 60 points.

I know we had a bad run of injuries and missing personnel after the Chavs implosion but since weā€™ve come back to close to full strength, results and performances havenā€™t really improved a whole lot.

Weā€™re going to finish in an elevated position to what we have. You canā€™t complain too much about that in a season of transition. We really do need to recruit well in the summer and Ange needs to up it as well next season.

There was the worst injury and suspension crisis I can remember mixed in there as well.

We will end the season above Villa and in 4th. Not a terrible start for a new project when we should be expecting bumps in the road. The premier league is the hardest to win in the world.

It's just a bit of a flag that he won't change that style, and when even Moyes says "we know what they will do" you know you have a problem.

Every team knows what every other team will do at this point of the season.

Do you imagine a world where teams have mystery tactics and catch people off guard by suddenly switching things up and turning into prime Barcelona for one game only?

We need to get better. That's all it is. It's a new project, that's how it works.

Every team knows what every other team will do at this point of the season.

Do you imagine a world where teams have mystery tactics and catch people off guard by suddenly switching things up and turning into prime Barcelona for one game only?

We need to get better. That's all it is. It's a new project, that's how it works.

Funny, people make way too much of that Moyes comment as if he said anything revolutionary šŸ˜†

Back
Top Bottom