Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ange isn't my kind of manager i want someone shouting and pointing when thing are wrong, maybe he see players as needing arms round them not shouting at ?
what gets me is we give the ball to CH and there is never the early ball over the top, no TV you often see players making early runs but the ball never goes, they can't be looking at this in training
watch Remero he has the ball the most, he looks and looks for a pass, then its normally a safe easy pass Why ? is it no one moving, or he can't see them, is it they are marked , what are they doing in training to counter these problems ?
Bcos just look how many players we have in our own third? V Luton we’d have just 3 players near our 18 yard line and they had 3 players pushed up who didn’t have to really press to stop us goi g forward. We then just played ping pong betw Vic, cuti and drag sometimes boss would be there. How can you play out from the back if there is no one inside our own half. The FBs have disappeared. Keep saying it no team plays like that the CBs always have a ball onto the FBs except us. In fact the wingers get the ball more off our CBs do than the FBs.

Bcos just look how many players we have in our own third? V Luton we’d have just 3 players near our 18 yard line and they had 3 players pushed up who didn’t have to really press to stop us goi g forward. We then just played ping pong betw Vic, cuti and drag sometimes boss would be there. How can you play out from the back if there is no one inside our own half. The FBs have disappeared. Keep saying it no team plays like that the CBs always have a ball onto the FBs except us. In fact the wingers get the ball more off our CBs do than the FBs.

Do you go to all / any games or just watch on tv?

Weird subs. Son was poor, Maddison looked dangerous.

I love Son as captain but I hate keeping him on the pitch just because when he is clearly underperforming.

Shit the bed with the subs again. The game was crying out for an attacking change. Deki on for Madders and keeping Sonny on was a mare when incisiveness was called for.

Weird subs. Son was poor, Maddison looked dangerous.

I love Son as captain but I hate keeping him on the pitch just because when he is clearly underperforming.

Son got the winner last game in the 86th minute, if we are chasing the game he is always going to stay out there.

If that Udogie chance at the end had fallen to Son, he scores and we win the game.

Fucking shite again

57 points after 30 matches

Just 4 more than this stage last season

Conte/Stellini :devil incarnate, deserves to be locked in the stocks and pelted with rancid tomatoes

Ange : God, can get women pregnant with a stare and the word mate , must not be questioned under any circumstances

4 points difference , and we had Eric dier at the back last season

In the words of the great Shadydan Shadydan

"Make it make sense"

Meh subs again meh team selection. I'm frustrated with him and his decisions at the moment. Why richarlison isn't starting and only getting 10 minutes when he's one of our main goal contributors while he persists with underperformed players like kulusevski and bissouma and playing son out of position baffles me.

If- also Son cannot be undroppable.

He’s not undroppable. You are talking like he is in shit form.

He scored the winner in the previous game. He is producing goals and assists this season. There is no reason to drop him. Maybe the other players should start popping up with match winning moments more regularly so that we don’t have to rely on Son to save us every single game.

If we don't get him proper technical players (in depth),, then we won't be winning anything.

They need to be very careful with the next window.

I think it will take another two summer windows before we're a proper concern.

His system , in the prem, is not gonna function as it has elsewhere, without tha, imo.

He scored the winner in the previous game. He is producing goals and assists this season. There is no reason to drop him. Maybe the other players should start popping up with match winning moments more regularly so that we don’t have to rely on Son to save us every single game.
For me it didn’t look like Son was gonna do anything all game. And in the end he more or less didn’t. Ange could have made a decision based on that.

Ange did what he did though. And Son too.

It’s the same behaviour we saw with Kane. Blame him when had a quiet game when the bigger issue lay elsewhere.

For me it didn’t look like Son was gonna do anything all game. And in the end he more or less didn’t. Ange could have made a decision based on that.

Ange did what he did though. And Son too.

No manager is going to trust Richarlison, Werner etc to score a winner over Son. Rightly so.

Maybe if we had not gifted West Ham a goal and moved the ball like slugs for most of the match, Son would have had more chances to score.

Even Man City struggle to create chances against a parked bus, it’s not easy. We need to get much better at managing games and stop the gaffes, because giving the opponent cheap goals means they can sit deep and make it impossible for Son to run with the ball or receive the ball in space.

Back
Top Bottom