Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur sat March 16th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Come on the football was like watching paint dry under Conte and we still won nothing. That was a very poor performance today but at least it hasn’t been dull this season and we still have a chance of 4th.
You found today exciting? You must be a Fullham Supporter. I'd much rathers see counter attacking football with a win, than pressing football with a loss.

yessssssssssssssss
im 3-0 up on hattrick
giphy.gif

It never changes. Personnel might but it’s always the same. There’s something in the water at the club that makes us weak as piss every year.
It feeds down from the very top. If the chairman & board haven’t got the appetite or desire to do what is required & the limit of their ambition is to make it into a champions league spot, it then feeds into the squad.

Of course it’s mentality. When there’s an opportunity to achieve something important we fall apart.

7 straight FA Cup semi finals lost. The way we lost the CL final. The way we fell apart in the league last season. As a club we lack grit and ambition.
Today wreaked on subconscious entitlement.

5th and no trophies should be a distaster to every Spurs fan and it should be to our losers upstairs.

Has Ange done well to have us in 5th with a new team and the owners having sold our best ever striker? That's a totally different question. I like Ange and he has patience from me. Even if everyone involved in this from the coaches to the players needs to walk over the away fans and apologize for this shite.
Some of my pals were sat within 20 yards of the big fella and despite the utter garbage the boys played, he never had a go at them.

That would never have happened with Fergie, Pep, Klopp and many an other manager.

I'm all for being a nice guy with the lads, but when they play like tonight, I want my head coach to seriously rip into them from the touchline.

More treading water. As usual.
Just feels like a perpetual 'fight for 4th'. This time last season we were competing for 4th before Contes outburst at Southampton. There have been some encouraging signs, some good signings but sadly i just dont see any difference in 12 months time. We'll be around 4th to 6th, probably not bothering the business ends of cups and on we go....hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Got outplayed in midfield early on and never got going. I'm interested in watching the first half again to see what Fulham was doing. Fulham didn't just sit back and wait to hold off Spurs in the final third as some teams do. In the end whether you lose 3-0 or 2-1 a loss is just one loss. Doesn't mean as much as people will make it out to be.

No one plays 'out of their skins' against us.

We're slightly better than mid-table.
Unfortunately many teams do. They don't see us as a big team, or probably lesser than the traditional top 4/5, but when they do beat us, they won't go unnoticed in world football they have beaten us. Just ask Wolves, spammers, Brighton and Villa. And Fulham today.

I’m honestly getting sick of this club. The reality is that the excellent start is covering over some awful defeats.
The excellent start enhances this exaggerated idea we've made great progress.
Our points per game since Chelsea at home as been on a par with the second half of last season.

Been a hard drop since the Chelsea match, taken its toll on everyone I think. The flying start raised expectations and the crash back to reality has exaggerated negative feelings, IMO.

Before the season I said all I wanted was to see if Ange was more Poch than Nuno, turn over the squad, develop an identity, and qualify for Europa.

✔️✔️❔✔️

Sometimes it feels like we have a smashing new identity, but in that majority of matches since February it feels like old Spurs creeping back in.
And most will call Bullshit. Ange Ball has become predictable. Just like Conté, Jose and Poch Ball had become over time

It's not the managers, it's the players. Getting Dragusin and Werner, and calling it a Good Window shows how happy us Spurs fans have become with Average.

Back
Top Bottom