Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The fact he played Royal and Davies in our last game sets alarm bells ringing re: Ange

If Royal starts today I’m staying in the pub and not going to the stadium and will probably swerve altogether until he’s inevitably sacked in Oct / Nov
wish I was in N17, I’d shout you a pint, pray for Royal to walk on and buy your ticket!! Only time I’d be praying for that scenario.
What’s the beer of choice over there these days - couldn’t beat a Guinness or a Newky Brown back when I was there in the 90’s
Shit, now I really want to be there
He’s not getting the heave Ho in Oct/Nov - I’d bet all of “the dealer’s” money on that. Where is that cockhead anyway?

If we win every game we get 86 points. 86 points is likely not to be enough to win the league, yet this total is what we get if we win the next 13 games straight.

There is a reason you can get 200 to 1 odds on Betfair to win the league.

I get the notion of not wanting to 'target 4th place', but its the highest we can go this season and it coems with a CL reward

There's a good chance 86 points wins the league this season.
Don't think it will be your beloved Woolwich though and we would do well to get 70+ points.

If we win every game we get 86 points. 86 points is likely not to be enough to win the league, yet this total is what we get if we win the next 13 games straight.

There is a reason you can get 200 to 1 odds on Betfair to win the league.

I get the notion of not wanting to 'target 4th place', but its the highest we can go this season and it coems with a CL reward
200-1 is good enough for me.

Just stop it, of course you’ve given up. It’s great he’s saying it because he’s the coach but he doesn’t even believe it himself.

He just won’t say that or make top four our everything. Which is correct and fantastic.
Should just we will to win as many points as possible and see where that takes us rather than a piss taking way of saying we can get more than 4th. Still a good response but his said that before and needs to back that up with the team playing well for 90 mins!

Olise; Diomande, Gyökeres, De Ligt, Toney; not saying these are the players we should sign, but players like this we should be adding to the squad and selling no one we dont want to.
the last players we sold when we didn’t want to were Berbatov, Modric and Bale because they each forced a move. when was the last of those? 8 years ago?

Both Kane and Eriksen ran down their contracts and we risked losing them for free. Both were presented with new improved contracts and refused. You can’t blame the club for that. Sometimes players want to move.

interestingly, in both Eriksen and Kane’s case, I can’t help thinking they are regretting the move.

the last players we sold when we didn’t want to were Berbatov, Modric and Bale because they each forced a move. when was the last of those? 8 years ago?

Both Kane and Eriksen ran down their contracts and we risked losing them for free. Both were presented with new improved contracts and refused. You can’t blame the club for that. Sometimes players want to move.

interestingly, in both Eriksen and Kane’s case, I can’t help thinking they are regretting the move.

Kane yes, to a degree. No benefit at all and I think a return to the PL next season is a real possibility.

Eriksen just ran out of legs. Brilliant for a while but glad we missed out on him or that he went elsewhere. He is done at the top level.

Last edited:
Next week for me.

Can’t afford to lose at Villa park and today home game 3 points in the bag against a palace team who have ZERO games away from home all season.

And that is exactly why today is at best 50:50 for me.

It's us. My fear is that no one will turn up. That we will miss chances and either get sucker-punched or run out of ideas.

Someone will need to stand up and I'm not sure who has that in them at the present time.

The script is all too forseeable.

Last edited:
The fact he played Royal and Davies in our last game sets alarm bells ringing re: Ange

If Royal starts today I’m staying in the pub and not going to the stadium and will probably swerve altogether until he’s inevitably sacked in Oct / Nov
I’ll let you into a wee secret. You won’t be going into the stadium today 🤣🤣🤣

Wut?
It's up to the club to create an environment where your best players don't feel the need to move on, surely?

Change your name to Nostradamusquad if you get that right!!!

I do the psychology of competition and I know us as a club.

I want to be wrong and think it's 50:50, but this is not new.

If the club are to move to that next level, we need to win games where a lot of fans are proved right in their fears.

That's as much about slightly better players as it is about ensuring you don't lose, if you can't win. We fall short badly in that regard and have done for too long.

Back
Top Bottom