Ange Postecoglou

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like his, why the fuck am I getting this, I haven’t done anything at all yet, response to the award and question.

Seems like it was done by a vote. Surely Moyes making the spammers champions of Europe should have got him the award !?!?

For some reason the awards seems to be for this season. In February???

So Moyes never would have got the chance to be acknowledged for last season as they gave out the award in February last year for that.

Most bizarre awards ever.

We last won the league in 1961 and the FA cup in 1991.
We have finished in the top 4 7x in the last 20.years
And not won a European competition since 1984.

We are hardly serial trophy contenders!

Accept your fate. Top 4s our everything!!!!

That is definitely the message.

That much is obvious mate.

I said it earlier in the season. After 10 games, no one seriously took us as title challengers. Whether you believed we would or not. Because we were plucky little Spurs, having a good start to the season.

Yet after 10 games last season, people were determined to call Woolwich title challengers.

They hadn't finished higher than 5th since 2015/16!

Do you think they would be determined to see us as title challengers if we dropped 100m on a player with a profile like Rice and had their wage bracket?

Still not sure personally and they are safe in the knowledge that we never will anyway (I wouldn't spend 100m on Rice fwiw) but it would be interesting to see them squirm if the club ever did step outside it's comfort zone in a transfer market.

For some reason the awards seems to be for this season. In February???

So Moyes never would have got the chance to be acknowledged for last season as they gave out the award in February last year for that.

Most bizarre awards ever.
Maybe it's manager of the year, not the season.
Which makes it all the more strange as if it's for 2023 then Ange wasn't in London until August and that's the year Moyes' west ham won the intertwobob cup.
That said, he should never get a a management award for that fucking awful shite he serves up.

Maybe it's manager of the year, not the season.
Which makes it all the more strange as if it's for 2023 then Ange wasn't in London until August and that's the year Moyes' west ham won the intertwobob cup.
That said, he should never get a a management award for that fucking awful shite he serves up.

Personally I think it’s just an excuse for journalists to get pissed and do more Charlie on a weeknight after dry January.

However you look at it the timing makes no sense.

Vicario got nominated player of “the year”

I would assume that ange picked up an award for winning a treble with Celtic and his good work at Spurs so far, I know the treble was in the SPL but still counts towards an achievement for a London based manager, otherwise it doesn't make sense?

I would assume that ange picked up an award for winning a treble with Celtic and his good work at Spurs so far, I know the treble was in the SPL but still counts towards an achievement for a London based manager, otherwise it doesn't make sense?

It was for this season.

Some key achievements for Ange he was judged on.
“In the race for Top 4”
“Playing fun football”
“Saying mate a lot and being nice to journalists”

Only one of those might not be true.

Well done big man!
:ange-arms::ange-clap::ange-pray:

Delighted Ange has won the award, he deserves a massive amount of credit for changing the atmosphere at the club in such a short space of time. The football can always be improved and worked on in parts but I'm happy he's our manager, he's been a breath of fresh air.

Also, if it means Woolwich are pissed off that Legoman hasn't won it then even more well deserved!

Does this count as a trophy ?

Been far too long since we won the CEO of the year , what a glory glory night that was
Tired Sleep GIF by Big Brother Australia

It was for this season.

Some key achievements for Ange he was judged on.
“In the race for Top 4”
“Playing fun football”
“Saying mate a lot and being nice to journalists”

Only one of those might not be true.

Well done big man!
:ange-arms::ange-clap::ange-pray:
and the Coughing
come to think of it what will happen with him if covied cums back?

Back
Top Bottom