Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You said “let’s see with Romero” when another post said he’s one of the few expected to definitely be here next season.

It’s all good mate if you think he will/should be sold. Each to their own. I was one of the few happy to sell Kane in the summer.
yes I said that. I also stated numerous times I think he will be sold IF we bring in another high profile centre back.

The constant link to CBs makes me think he will be sold.

Or we don't particularly rate Davies...

We're constantly linked with left sided centre backs.
We're linked with everyone in every window.

Personally, I don't see us going for another CB. We have 4, with promising youngsters. I can't see Davies being sold. He's a solid fallback for the LCB position, so I think we'll wait another season until we see how much those youngsters develop. If we do any recruitment in defence, I'd say it's in the FB positions.

What we do, in the Summer, in midfield I think hinges on how Bergvall impresses, so we may not do anything in there.

I think that the main focus will be on the frontline and the FB's. Those FB's are integral to the way we play. The drop off in attacking output is rather large when we are missing Porro and Udogie, so it's only logical that they'd be looked at as areas for improvement. The same for the frontline.

I really don't think we'll be doing a huge amount of business this Summer. Three, maybe four in at the most, with a few of them being similar picks to the likes of VDV, Udogie etc. Maybe one statement signing up front.

No clue who’s going to end up better but Bergvall€8m or Gray £50m and you understand why we aren’t shopping in the championship as much
Rich remind me, didn't a kid at Middlesbrough and one at Blackburn do the exact same thing to the same vaunted Chelsea midfield in cup competitions this very season? Did the sides not ALL still lose...unlike Grey did not some of these kids score too? I mean...kind of feels like it says more about that Chav team than about anything else....

Gray definitely looks like an incredible talent at 17.

Will go for big big bucks though. If he's smart, he'd stay at Leeds. Hope for promotion and get Prem time next season.

We have zero chance. Best off doing our best at developing the likes of Donley and Hall for our midfield.

I watch a video like that and he’s essentially doing what you would expect from a competent midfielder.

Our academy needs to be able to deliver this standard. You shouldn’t have to spend tens of millions on this type of player.
You can't coach just any player to be this good no matter how good the academy coaches are - which is why top talent cost top money.
Gray's a rare talent.
Of course, he's still 17 so time will tell whether he develops into a top quality player

I wouldn't mind him at Spurs.
Liverpool apparently had a bid of £50m for him turned down (in the previous transfer window); so we would be looking at £60-70m here.
And should Leeds get promoted I doubt he'll leave them. For him it would be better to spend at least 1-2 more seasons at Leeds.
He'll be able to become club-trained for anyone that signs him if he moves this summer though which might tempt a few teams to think about signing him now and potentially loaning him back to Leeds in the Prem next year.

yes I said that. I also stated numerous times I think he will be sold IF we bring in another high profile centre back.

The constant link to CBs makes me think he will be sold.
We are constantly linked to every position. 99.9% of it is utter made up lies. Romero won’t be sold. I’ll bet you anything
They have gone way way early here.
i remember the same getting said about Winks and that Skipp would be future Tottenham and England captain 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom