Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Theyve made it known if they were to sell him, they'd want the team to pay his release fee.

That's 100m.
£100m release clause. Paid £20m. I reckon £65-70m gets them to the table.

I thought his Coventry goals were League 1 but he actually scored 21 Championship goals before the move to Sporting. He’s also scored at a crazy rate everywhere he’s been.

His story and career path really does have Ange written all over it and he went to the same academy club as Deki and Bergvall…

Just doesn’t make sense that we weren’t interested for 20m in the summer. Persuading Levy to sanction a club record on a player we could have signed for 80m less under a year ago?? That’s a big ask.

I thought his Coventry goals were League 1 but he actually scored 21 Championship goals before the move to Sporting. He’s also scored at a crazy rate everywhere he’s been.

His story and career path really does have Ange written all over it and he went to the same academy club as Deki and Bergvall…

Just doesn’t make sense that we weren’t interested for 20m in the summer. Persuading Levy to sanction a club record on a player we could have signed for 80m less under a year ago?? That’s a big ask.

To no ones surprise, Brightons brilliant scouting department brought him to England.

Surprised he wasn't given a chance.

I guess they put their eggs in the Evan Ferguson basket.

So far looks like a rare misstep from Brighton.

Not too sure about that.

They bought Gyokeres at 19 and it took him until he was 23/24 to actually start scoring a decent amount of goals and he's 26 this year...

They signed Ferguson (as a 16 year old) the year they sold Gyokeres to Coventry.

I can only assume they just didn't see him developing the way he did. Even on his loan to Coventry, he only managed 3 goals.

Not too sure about that.

They bought Gyokeres at 19 and it took him until he was 23/24 to actually start scoring a decent amount of goals and he's 26 this year...

They signed Ferguson (as a 16 year old) the year they sold Gyokeres to Coventry.

I can only assume they just didn't see him developing the way he did. Even on his loan to Coventry, he only managed 3 goals.
He's scored a decent amount of goals his whole career.

yes I said that. I also stated numerous times I think he will be sold IF we bring in another high profile centre back.

The constant link to CBs makes me think he will be sold.
I just think that a big offer will come in, from a proper giant a la Real, PSG or Bayern...despite PSG being thundercunts and Bayern having a shitty season by their standards.

Cuti must know he's got little chance of winning anything at Spurs...the level of competition is just too high. Go to Real, PSG, Bayern or even Barca if they find the money somewhere...and he'll win a league and possibly a CL in no time. He loves Spurs but he's a proper competitor who wants to win stuff. Likelihood is, it ain't happening here for a while...unless we bag the Carabao next season...yipee.

60-70 mil offer lands on Levy's desk and he's defo listening. Let's just hope he doesn't sell to City or Liverpool.

This is the first season of his career that he's played top flight football. At the age of 25...

And before 2021, he'd scored 35 goals across 8 seasons... An average of just under 5 goals a season...

Nah, listen I’m not pushing for him but look on his transfermarkt page.

Considering loans had him choosing and changing, he was young a moving from club to club, his goals per game for every club is more than decent in context.

Then as you said, Ferguson arrived when he went to Coventry, so they did bet on Ferguson. Since then Gyok scored 21 championship goals and now 30 odd in Portugal. Ferguson has got good press and hipster love but would he score 21 goals playing every week in the champo???

Not sure yet

I'm not full convinced at all. This reminds me of the Brereton Diaz trajectory.

I think Gyokeres certainly has alot more to his game and is a much better player than Brereton Diaz tbh.

Hes just quite obviously a late bloomer. Almost a bit like Harry Kane in that regard. Didn't set the world alight on any loans really, but then suddenly gets a proper chance and shows what he's capable of when he hit 23 or so.

Nah, listen I’m not pushing for him but look on his transfermarkt page.

Considering loans had him choosing and changing, he was young a moving from club to club, his goals per game for every club is more than decent in context.

Then as you said, Ferguson arrived when he went to Coventry, so they did bet on Ferguson. Since then Gyok scored 21 championship goals and now 30 odd in Portugal. Ferguson has got good press and hipster love but would he score 21 goals playing every week in the champo???

Not sure yet

I just don't see any correlation in getting rid of Gyokeres and signing Ferguson.

Brighton sign a number of young of players. Gyokeres being one of them. Some make it there and are sold for big money, some don't.

Ferguson probably could do with a loan. But he's also scored more goals at a better level than anything Gyokeres has played at and he's 6 years younger.

I'm not full convinced at all. This reminds me of the Brereton Diaz trajectory.
Go and watch Gyokeres and you’ll see he’s on a different level to Brereton Diaz. His whole game is classier,smoother,better finisher and moves better. The asking price will be well over the top so likely it won’t happen but as we won’t be going in for any of the so called big guns then this type of player is maybe what we are looking at. We have been linked with Giminez at Feyenoord and if it was a choice between him and Gyokeres then the Swede is a far better option.

Back
Top Bottom