January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

10 g 12 a in 103 apps for Wolves.

Has good games and people get excited but he's a back up wide player on a title-challenging prem squad.

They might need to be imaginative to find the missing piece tbh. Not sure that's Pedro Neto, especially for the money they'd ask.

+ he's another one who's got a dodgy injury record.

Would be stupid to mark the window anything less than a 6.

We got the back up centre back we needed. We got a good wide forward who can probably play across the whole front line, again which we needed.

We got great loans out for two promising young players. We got rid of a ridiculous amount of wages in Perisic, Dier and Lloris all leaving

Only thing that'd made it better is if we managed to sell Hojbjerg and got in a central midfielder better suited but that was always asking a bit too much when no one across Europe seems to have any money.

Very harsh rating. We got our business done early that at least deserves a 5 or 6. You cannot judge a window on the previous window. We needed a CB and Forward and we got a CB and we got a Forward who we can sign if he turns out to be good.
That's a very generous score, I don't think Timo has much time to impress, once Sonny comes back he's out.

Yeah overall good window for January. There wasn’t an obvious deal that would improve our CM room, no legit takers for Hojbjerg. A bit disappointing the Nusa saga but with the injury news that seems to be a bullet dodged.

Ultimately we got two players in positions of clear need and didn’t break the bank to do so, and even got a small fee for Dier. Happy days.

its doubtful they have gavi de jong and pedri there

They might not by the end of the summer.

Their financial issues haven't improved.

they can't register their new Brazillian Roque thingy until they raise some cash.
They tried flipping their shitters and nobody was interested.

They would need to take a massive loss on Torres, Raphinha, or Kounde... Chances are they need to sell a crown jewel in the summer.

Had looked at HS's recent lineups and seen he wasn't playing. A bit concerning that they don't want to make use of him for the next 2 years (if he's as good as we are made to believe).

Not really...... He's 16!

The main thing is we find someone/somewhere who does want to play him........ Even if it's U21s.

Omar coming!!!

omar-coming.gif

I just want Olise has missed 10 games this season and apart from last season has been very injury prone while at Palace. Eze has missed 6 games. I do not think either player should go for anywhere near the prices people are saying. Also I think most of you are overating them.
Kind of agree actually. Eze is a very good player on his day, just disappears a bit too much and switches off out of possession. Olise isn’t really the wide player that people are calling for. He doesn’t go on the outside. He’ll keep on chopping in like Kulu and he’d crowd the play with the inverted full backs

Thought it was a really good window myself. We got the Dragon and getting Werner in to help out was a shrewd move. Both early! (What wacky backy has the Don got Levy on? I'll have some.)

Not sure I believe we are even in the mix for this kid. Seems more like Barca using our name to hype up the signing

If we are even in the mix it's because Barca are too skint to pull it off and we are right there waiting for a last minute sneak attack.

I think we are being used to get it over the line because Barcelona don’t have the money to buy him and his agent is trying to get them to pay up. Who would have ever thought that to be the case. It’s crazy.

Back
Top Bottom