January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't the reason we are FFP compliant because we have been ran self sustainably and sensibly, what am I missing here?

You aren’t missing anything.

I’m saying it looks like we have the revenue of the other money teams and now that FFP means that they need to act within their means, we are now one of the money teams.

They can’t write off their mistakes any more or less than we can

Nabi Keita 50m signing. Bit of a flop really. Injured more often than not. Liverpool don’t always get it right.
Cannot criticise him though. Not allowed to criticise scouse clubs.

40m on Ox-Camberlain was another dreadful signing.

+ They made an absolute tonne of them under Brenton & Dalglish.

FFP means we can now afford to waste money?

.....Mate.

(Your starting point in all this is fair, but that's a REALLY bad take!)

No, as i said to Shadydan Shadydan we can't afford to write off mistakes like the money teams.

I said are we not one of the money teams now because of FFP...

Our revenue is top 10 in the world and due to FFP it looks like we are playing in the same set of rules as the money teams now so surely that makes us one of them?

Last edited:
You aren’t missing anything.

I’m saying it looks like we have the revenue of the other money teams and now that FFP means that they need to act within their means, we are now one of the money teams.

They can’t write off their mistakes any more or less than we can

Indeed so we can't afford to take risks then...

Sarr, Bissouma, Maddison, Sarr, Bentencaur...midfield is fine for now.

The attack is a far bigger issue....I am tired of this club signing, timos, johnsons, Richarlisons, Kulus...etc.

Yes attack is a huge issue. Not like we've set a club record for goals scored in consecutive PL matches We've also scored the 3rd most goals in the PL while hardly being at full strength.

The attack is a huge issue!!!

Last edited:
Yes attack is a huge issue. Not like we've set a club record for goals scored in consecutive PL matches We've also scoring the 3rd most goals in the PL while hardly being at full strength this season.

The attack is a huge issue!!!

You're correct in what you cite.

.......But it's def. the area of the squad with the biggest scope for improvement.

........................Though I dare say getting everyone back fit and firing will indeed improve it.

Last edited:
.......Been driving me nuts for weeks now, but anyone would think FFP had only just been put in place.

Well not just anyone. Everton, Forest and Chelsea seem to have only just realised it exists hence the way the heat and money has suddenly been taken out of the market with teams scared to buy.

They were found guilty by uefa. Thrown out of europe for 2 yrs. it was only CAS who turned some of it over . Time barred. But still had the fine. So not exactly not guilty.
My only worry is that the government get involved, like they did with the Saudis.
Of course they will, a senior journo at the athletic has told me he thinks they already are involved in making a diplomatic middle ground

Complete carve up. Fuck off you cheating filthy cunts, you cheated in the past and you are still cheating now with your ridiculous faux revenue number

Your correct in what you cite.

.......But it's def. the area of the squad with the biggest scope for improvement.

........................Though I dare so getting everyone back fit and firing will indeed improve it.

Well, the clubs ahead of us have all conceded fewer goals, but yes the "eye test' we haven't been as clinical as we'd like. But i'm sure most club supporters would say the same

Well not just anyone. Everton, Forest and Chelsea seem to have only just realised it exists hence the way the heat and money has suddenly been taken out of the market with teams scared to buy.

By "anyone"; I mean those hearing and engaging in the chattering about the subject.... Fans, media etc.... The general narrative..... The way conversations are suddenly being broached around here.

FFP is nothing new.

......Yet suddenly more teams wrecking themselves by being twats with their spending (Barca, Everton, Chavs etc.... Even Man U suddenly hitting a brick wall!) isn't such a risible concept all of a sudden.

Moshiri has gone from being the jealousy inducing, dream owner; to the harbinger of Everton's downfall that still may see the club utterly broken in the longer term...... Yet it's not like people people here hadn't been flagging the dangers these clubs were dancing with (and being ridiculed for doing so).

Of course they will, a senior journo at the athletic has told me he thinks they already are involved in making a diplomatic middle ground

Complete carve up. Fuck off you cheating filthy cunts, you cheated in the past and you are still cheating now with your ridiculous faux revenue number

That carve up still has to be mediation so will involve them taking some punishment.

Back
Top Bottom