FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2.35 xG to our 0.27xG says they created at least ... something. I assume their goal was a very high xG chance?

Again, I wasn't able to watch so can't really say. I'd say less Jose style by your description and actually very Pep, he's definitely tactically very capable of mixing it up and having games where his team are cynical but dominant and limit/frustrate teams in a very different way. CL final was a bit like that aside from I think they were a bit nervy that night so Inter created a few chances.

That xG probably came from 2 horrible PEH mistakes were he basically played them in out of nowhere. KDB fluffed a massive chance from one, Vicario save on the other.

From their play they really didn’t create a lot. Don’t get me wrong they dominated us but without really laying a finger.

First half we played through the press a bunch of times and fluffed fairly easy through balls.

Yup

We don’t have a right to beat the best team in the world. We had a chance but it was a free hit really.

Early on in the Ange project and this team is still learning to play together.

Need to get angry and fucking destroy Brentford

Said heading into the game it was a free hit. Some people won't like it but it was.

We weren't at full strength outside of our defence and that game showed that. We had nothing offensively because we were missing our top goalscorer and our most creative player. Yet defensively, we were pretty solid.

City are a brilliant team. The fact they can bring the likes of Doku and de Bruyne off the bench shows that. They were brilliant tonight.

I applaud levy that hes taken us to 21st century in business. But annoyed hes allowed us to stop winning trophies. Sort of 50/50 with the bloke. Top 4 is a good season for us.
I'm more 40/60 because as a football fan I couldn't give two fucks about the business. And being the richest club in London while simultaneously having a trophy cabinet that's been empty for sixteen years is, quite frankly, taking us for mugs

He was, it was his best game in a spurs shirt in a long time. But then he had two moments that could easily have thrown 2 goals away in 2 minutest.
Impossible. If they had scored the first, would have taken more than 2 mins for VAR heck, us to start and for them to get the ball attack and score a second.

We need to be a bit careful what we wish for with City though cos we don’t want Assna winning the Prem

Fuck all that..... It's up to us to finish above Arse each season.... That's on us.

Fuck City; the cheating scum.... Fuck simping for those cunts.

Said heading into the game it was a free hit. Some people won't like it but it was.

We weren't at full strength outside of our defence and that game showed that. We had nothing offensively because we were missing our top goalscorer and our most creative player. Yet defensively, we were pretty solid.

City are a brilliant team. The fact they can bring the likes of Doku and de Bruyne off the bench shows that. They were brilliant tonight.
Hmmm they weren't brilliant tonight...didn't need to be. We'd have lost to a fair few other (lesser) teams the way we 'tried' tonite.

Oh and City had no Haaland. No Stones. Didn't start Doku or KDB or Grealish.

Both players are entitled to compete for the ball. It's not a free zone for the keeper. Diaz tried to play the ball, and Vicario fucked up.
Laugh Laughing GIF

They won't like it because it's an absolutely biblically stupid thing to say about a knockout game in the only cup competition we're still in, whilst being at home vs a team who were yet to beat us at our stadium and whilst being very good, are not sparkling this season.

It was never a "free hit" - it was the biggest game of the season so far and a majority on here thought it was winnable.

Understand the point, but I’ve seen games like that against City for years. And Son would have scored on a quick cut in and curled shot into the corner.

Honestly it’s the only way we’ve beat them.

I suppose that’s the hope we’ve had under Ange, that we might have a chance winning differently than under Jose and Conte. But we need both the players available and for them to play more boldly, and it didn‘t happen tonight on both fronts.

Last edited:

I bet we beat them in the league game.

We don't have the depth to go toe to toe with City. Most of us where hoping for 'The Underdog' sucker punch. Just look at their players. Anyone on their bench would walk into our first team.

Doku and De Bruine come on as Subs. Grealish, Stones and Gomez didn't even come on. How do you compete with that when you have to play Kulu, Johnson and Werner? You subs are Madison, Skipp and Scarlett. Even Madison would ha e to fight for game time at city. Let's not even mention the rest Davies, Emerson, Gil and Santiago. Conte, Jose and even Nuno pulled off miracles against City.

Again I ask, being the Deloitte's richest club in London, where does our problem lie? Our riches definitely doesn't lie in our Football Team.

Yeh, I can't think why we don't have depth as good as City(*)......

Actually; I can think of at least 115 good reasons actually.

(*No other club does either........ Idiot.)

When the media etc go on about our long wait for the trophy they really need to look no further than tonight
Knocked out again by oil financed cheating be it these middle Eastern criminals or the russian ones down the road .

Without the cheating of those 2 clubs we'd have a prem title, a league cup and probably an fa cup

Back
Top Bottom