FA Cup 4th Round - Man City [H] - Friday 26 Jan 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still a lot to improve, we struggled badly against Burnley in this previous round, let’s not forget that.

We still lack a lot of decisiveness on the ball, too many players hesitate or don’t seem to be aware of movement around them. So many times Werner was begging to be played in but Destiny totally ignored him.

Last edited:
That fuck I didn't bother going to that tonight.

Top level football is, to all intents and purposes, finished.

If Man City get away with their 100s of infringements , they might as well shut it down.

Honestly, in terms of keeping it simple and ‘pure’ football…non-league/Sunday league is where it’s at in terms of the simple pleasures of watching two teams get stuck in.

Pie and a few beers on the side, chat some shit with mates, jobs a good ‘un.

Credit to Hojberg , was amazing today (bar those 2 late misdemeanours, he seemed pretty knackered at that point but he put in a proper shift) he was imperious , tackles, interceptions , progressive football balls and good passing.

Fair play to him..... once we took off Bentancur it was always gonna be an issue he was warrior like and pure leader.

Shame no one tried to get in Timo, he was through behind the Sheeeeeiiites defence but we failed to pick him out practically all game.

Johnson really needs to learn how to cross and pass, i really really really really mean it too, gets into good position mainly down to his pace but fucks up the final ball 99% of the time, and against the big teams its that 1 % or 2 % extra that gets you over the line.

Last edited:
He knocked the keeper down? I didn’t see that mate
He didn’t go for the ball and backed into the keeper , at least that’s what I thought I saw?
We didn’t deserve to win today any way , it didn’t click but city are great at getting away with cynical fouls to stop us building anything up and without Sonny we just didn’t look like we could punish them!
Still this is pep at his peak and Ange half way though his first season - plenty of positives to look forward to!

Last 20-25 mins were shambolic really and unfortunately lost us the match ultimately. Apart from one superb move out from the corner flag we put together literally zero possession, and defensively the shape largely collapsed and all of a sudden players started diving in/selling themselves and creating big holes we had to scramble to fill.

Not even as if City did too much at that point to cause us to wilt, our performance just bafflingly died after a fairly decent middle spell where we had a foothold and enjoyed a fair amount of the ball.

The goal.... meh. There was a bit of argy bargy, one of those where as fans depending on what end it happens at influences what decision you want given. We can probably defend it better though, they tried it all night and we had no blocker to help the goalkeeper out.

Ultimately we wilted as the finish line came into sight, and got punished. Oh dear.

Wasn’t a foul? Any Spurs fan siggesting it can fuck off. That’s blatant foul. He literally bumps into Vicario every single corner, doesn’t touch the ball and gets into Vicario.

The ball was irrelevant and the sole purpose was to impede the keeper which they did throughout the game

Their goal felt like a foul to me- putting hands on and roughing up the keeper before and during the play. Felt like the ref let them get away with a lot of subtly rough play throughout.

Still, City outplayed us and deserved to win. We were ok but could not break the press. PEH not up to in CM. Both Werner and Johnson not looking effective on the wing.

Tough game and we were second best on the day.

We never ever tried to win tonight. City did. They weren't brilliant, actually far from it...that's how shit we were that they could be at 30% and still beat us. Proper Nuno/Jose/Conteball scared puppy bullshit.

It wasn't a foul on Vic. That goal exemplifies how the game went...we kept fucking about in front of our own box, giving the ball away in an idiotic manner time & again, no aggression at all shown on that corner. And bam, that's how you concede a shitty goal you tools.

Back
Top Bottom