January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's usually spot on about Spurs' transfer business, though, so not sure if the fact he hates us makes any difference. He is probably more concerned about preserving his reputation as being accurate than having a dig at Spurs by misrepresenting stuff.

Only when they fail

He was the first to call Dybala when we couldn't get it over the line, same for Porro as well although we got that one done in the end although he probably does that for engagement from the dizzy Woolwich fans

I wouldn't call him reliable for us at all, there's a lot of vague crap he comes out with 'could' 'maybe' 'looking to' 'possibly'

But then again he did say we could be signing Gallagher so I'll choose to believe him on that :p

Edit - This just sums him up 😆

View: https://twitter.com/WEAREBILLNICH/status/1750535999501808116

Howe has actually said Newcastle have FFP/Sustainability issues so probably needs to sell a player

So no chance of players in without a sale - and sale probably of one of their best players such as Gordon ..... but not too many buying clubs around so they might feel disappointed on price they get.

And no point in Spurs loaning Hojbjerg out with only a year left on contract on his return ....

All they need to do is hire is Man Shiiiiiteeees lawyers and problem solved :ossie:

Brighton & Hove Albion are in the mix to sign Tottenham Hotspur’s Bryan Gil in the winter market, according to a report from Italy.

On Wednesday, Corriere dello Sport stated the winger has received offers from the Premier League and was evaluating them. They didn’t reveal the details of the English clubs.

This information is provided by today’s edition of Corriere dello Sport and they name Brighton and another English team as clubs interested in the Tottenham player.

The newspaper points out the 22-year-old, who was offered to Lazio last summer, is being considered by the Serie A side for this month.

Gil hasn’t been a regular under Ange Postecoglou this season as he’s clocked in 217 minutes from 10 games.

The report explains that he could be on his way out of the north London club, but seems ‘destined’ to stay in the Premier League. The question is whether he’ll join Brighton, Brentford (the other team named) or another English club.
Corriere state both Roberto De Zerbi’s side and the Bees are ‘negotiating’ to take the Spain international away from Spurs on a loan deal.

That’s all the report has to say about Brighton, but with Ansu Fati still out of action, a quick deal for Gil could make sense.

Howe has actually said Newcastle have FFP/Sustainability issues so probably needs to sell a player

So no chance of players in without a sale - and sale probably of one of their best players such as Gordon ..... but not too many buying clubs around so they might feel disappointed on price they get.

And no point in Spurs loaning Hojbjerg out with only a year left on contract on his return ....
A "wet" loan needed.

If you believe the rumour mill, we're still after another centre back.

I think we could buy players in several positions - if the right player comes along at the right price.

So a CB, yes but not sure its a top priority and we might be waiting until summer to pick up Tosin or Kelly on a free (and both HG too) or waiting to see how Phillips copes at Plymouth. So a CM in might be a higher priority as might Nusa as an AM be.

Chelsea have done everything short of locking him out of the dressing room to move him on.
I think this goes to show how hard it is to move on a reluctant player when he doesn’t want to go.
And Connor Gallagher has a suitor and isn’t likely to take any kind of financial hit.

Now, apply same logic to a player without suitors who is going to step down in salary and you can understand why I laugh at the ‘Just Sell Him’ merchants here.

Brighton & Hove Albion are in the mix to sign Tottenham Hotspur’s Bryan Gil in the winter market, according to a report from Italy.

On Wednesday, Corriere dello Sport stated the winger has received offers from the Premier League and was evaluating them. They didn’t reveal the details of the English clubs.

This information is provided by today’s edition of Corriere dello Sport and they name Brighton and another English team as clubs interested in the Tottenham player.

The newspaper points out the 22-year-old, who was offered to Lazio last summer, is being considered by the Serie A side for this month.

Gil hasn’t been a regular under Ange Postecoglou this season as he’s clocked in 217 minutes from 10 games.

The report explains that he could be on his way out of the north London club, but seems ‘destined’ to stay in the Premier League. The question is whether he’ll join Brighton, Brentford (the other team named) or another English club.
Corriere state both Roberto De Zerbi’s side and the Bees are ‘negotiating’ to take the Spain international away from Spurs on a loan deal.

That’s all the report has to say about Brighton, but with Ansu Fati still out of action, a quick deal for Gil could make sense.
And it 2 years time they'll sell him to Chelski for £85m :D

Last edited:
Blackburn manager been talking about Wharton today, confirmed the Palace bid rejected and that they would want him loaned back if they did sell him:

"It is my understanding that the club has rejected the offer," Tomasson said.

"You know what I think about Adam. He was a boy when I came here and I saw his talent immediately, it's nice to see his development each season.

"He's not the finished article yet but on the ball, he is Champions League level, I have trained and played there, I know what is needed. At the same time, he's developed a lot definitely.

"One day, he will go away, we know that, with his quality. I think it is good that the club have turned the offer down. It needs to be the right market value.

"If I have understood the club correctly, if they did sell him for the right amount they would want to loan him back immediately," Tomasson explained.

Back
Top Bottom