January Transfer Thread 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Personally, i wouldnt be too disappointed especially at the price 18M+... still has too many deficiencies that would be comfortable for that price .

Ive seen him play quite a bit and although he has talent, he is still quite light physically bit too much than you would like to think at this stage nearly 20 will be more tough in the PL, tackles are poor very miss timed and poor judgement , his defensive awareness / tracking back is not great regardless how smooth he maybe on the ball.... for the prices being quoted i wouldnt be disappointed at all.

Sounds to me like he's been forced to say that, reckon he's had a rift with the board and he's just playing lip service for the time being.

#markmywords

Angry He Man GIF
The Next Generation Data GIF by Star Trek

Postecoglou on Spurs' remaining transfer business​

Yeah, look, in terms of the rest of the transfer window, I was really pleased that the initial objectives we had in our head, which were someone in at centre-half and someone in the forward positions, that we ticked those off pretty early.

And it’s not just been that we did them early, but they’re two guys who have really benefitted from having 10 days in the building with us, training, adjusting and all that. Both Timo and Radu are both in a really good place to help us going forward.

As for what happens with the rest of it going forward, as I said last time, we’re always alert and doing work and if we can improve the squad we’ll look to do that. And if there are potentially any outgoings, we’re ready for that depending on what happens.

I think we’re in a decent place where the anxiety going into it and thinking where did we really need to help the squad, especially in this period, I think we’re in a good place now.
The moment I saw that "Yeah, look" I immediately read it in his voice.

Ornstein is a Gooner cunt who legitimately hates Spurs.
He's usually spot on about Spurs' transfer business, though, so not sure if the fact he hates us makes any difference. He is probably more concerned about preserving his reputation as being accurate than having a dig at Spurs by misrepresenting stuff.

Strange video....

"Let me tell you why he isn't going to be as good as Neymar"
"Let me tell you why he isn't going to give the goal threat of Salah"
"Let me tell you why he isn't as good defensively as Diaz"

The weirdest thing was when he was talking about the things he felt Nusa could develop.

Why would he only be able to develop those?

If you tell me a player can’t get faster or that much stronger, that’s fair enough but at 18, pretty much anything technical or tactical could change or develop beyond recognition.

If you want to say Neymar was a better dribbler at 18 then fine but I’m sure he’d never paid attention to Diaz defensively at 18.

It is thought that Eddie Howe would like to recruit a midfielder before January ends, especially given Joe linton is now injured.

And that desire could have a significant ripple effect across the Premier League.

Tottenham are also thought to be keeping an eye on any opportunities that could arise in the midfield market, having shown interest in Chelsea’s Conor Gallagher.

And given the shock news that Newcastle are now interested in a deal for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, things could really get moving.

Newcastle are considering a loan move for Tottenham player Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg
Journalist Aaron Stokes uncovered the news today whilst speaking on The Chronicle.

Stokes said he’s been hearing rumours of Newcastle’s interest in Tottenham midfielder Hojbjerg, a loan move that would look achievable.

He said: “There’s one name that’s been sort of bubbling and rumbling away under the surface for the last couple of weeks and that is Hojbjerg at Tottenham, apparently on loan.

“I’m not sure, I don’t have that confirmed that that is the case, but that is you know, a deal that you could hope Newcastle could strike.

“A player out of favour at a top six club, who they might be able to do a favourable loan deal for.

“But I’ve just sat here and said I think Trippier and Wilson and Almiron will all be at the club this time next week.

“That means, you know, I can’t then say they’re going to go and spend money because I just think until they get players off the books it’s going to be a very, very careful month.”

January is heating up
As mentioned, it does seem as if a move for Tottenham’s Hojbjerg would be very dependent on Newcastle’s ability to sell a player or two.

But should that be the case, then Spurs may consider £20m Hojbjerg’s departure on loan as green light to pursue their key targets.

Perhaps a deal for Conor Gallagher could then be reignited.

Of course, it also seems as if Newcastle could go down a different route if they are able to achieve the sales mentioned.

Howe has actually said Newcastle have FFP/Sustainability issues so probably needs to sell a player

So no chance of players in without a sale - and sale probably of one of their best players such as Gordon ..... but not too many buying clubs around so they might feel disappointed on price they get.

And no point in Spurs loaning Hojbjerg out with only a year left on contract on his return ....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom