Alfie Devine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah probably should've crossed there but many others would've tried their luck. Shows he trusts himself, has no fear. And the striker didn't even have a go at him, he understands it was worth a pop.

Miller and Whittaker had opps to cross for Devine and he would've had a proper chance each time, but the former dived a la Raheem while the latter took a shot with zero angle.

Hoping Plymouth play better in the 2nd half and he gets more of the ball.

75 mins on his debut, got an assist and could've had another or even a goal, looked lively throughout, showed good attitude by pressing & tracking back. Wasn't perfect but as far as debuts go, that's pretty encouraging.

Nice one, kiddo.

Plymouth 3-1 win gives them 33 points and in 15th place - 9 points above relegation zone which should mean manager will have no fear of playing youngsters, particularly with a manager appointed for his background as an England youth coach who knows Devine well and Phillips a little.

And only 11 points below play off places - a tall order but might just be in reach ?

Plymouth 3-1 win gives them 33 points and in 15th place - 9 points above relegation zone which should mean manager will have no fear of playing youngsters, particularly with a manager appointed for his background as an England youth coach who knows Devine well and Phillips a little.

And only 11 points below play off places - a tall order but might just be in reach ?
In the Champ that is nothing.
I did not even check this thread during the game so annoyed I missed the stream link.
I suppose because it was v Cardiff that there was a stream.
Shame Alf is cup tied for the Leeds game which will be on TV somewhere.

Worth reminding people that Devine only had a couple of days training with Plymouth before playing - so not much of an understanding as to where team mates will be etc.

Assist was a beautifully placed pass to a player he'd probably not met 3 days ago !

The Plymouth manager knows Devine and Phillips and trusts them. Hopefully they can have a good showing and do the business. So far so good I think. Thanks for stream link, Plymouth live screen all there games to viewers “outside” the UK on their website so will probably be able to find a link most times.

This loan goes well are the club looking Devine for Maddison understudy next season?

Thing is, if he’s not then we probably need to sign someone to play when Maddison can’t. GLC can’t stay fit. But if they sign someone because Devine needs another year on loan, his path to the first team gets less likely.

This loan goes well are the club looking Devine for Maddison understudy next season?

Thing is, if he’s not then we probably need to sign someone to play when Maddison can’t. GLC can’t stay fit. But if they sign someone because Devine needs another year on loan, his path to the first team gets less likely.
Tbh I think we can afford to sell all of Lo Celso, Hojbjerg AND Skipp. Skipp of course is club trained but Devine can replace him as I think he would be club trained as well? then another CM comes in for Hojbjerg and Lo Celso.

Maddison
Bentancur
Bissouma
Sarr
New
Devine

6 players for 3 positions.

Tbh I think we can afford to sell all of Lo Celso, Hojbjerg AND Skipp. Skipp of course is club trained but Devine can replace him as I think he would be club trained as well? then another CM comes in for Hojbjerg and Lo Celso.

Maddison
Bentancur
Bissouma
Sarr
New
Devine

6 players for 3 positions.

I guess it depends on if Ange sees Devine being able to play the R8 box to box role or if he's more likely the L8/10 role.

Agree on the Skipp question. He looked his best in that L8 role vs UTD but still think he could get moved on. If that is the case, then "New" in your 6 has to be a R8 box to box type:

Bentancur, Bissouma

R8
Sarr, New

L8/10
Maddison, Devine

I guess it depends on if Ange sees Devine being able to play the R8 box to box role or if he's more likely the L8/10 role.

Agree on the Skipp question. He looked his best in that L8 role vs UTD but still think he could get moved on. If that is the case, then "New" in your 6 has to be a R8 box to box type:

Bentancur, Bissouma

R8
Sarr, New

L8/10
Maddison, Devine
I like the look of Wharton tbh.

Back
Top Bottom