Man United [A] Sunday 14 Jan 16:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's your prediction?

• 3 points

Votes: 150 75.8%
  • 1 point

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • No points

Votes: 9 4.5%

• Total voters

Give right-backs a chance​

Full-backs don’t often grab the headlines, and sure enough they didn’t at Old Trafford as Rodrigo Bentancur, Rasmus Højlund and Marcus Rashford all scored classy goals. But the best player on either side, according to the WhoScored.com ratings, was the right-back. For Spurs, Pedro Porro earned 8.1 out of 10 for a fearless attacking display that included an assist when his pinpoint corner picked out the peroxide head of Richarlison. Ange Postecoglou says he wants his players to stop thinking of themselves as defenders or attackers, and Porro is both at once. For Manchester United, Diogo Dalot did even better with a rating of 8.2. If he was less buccaneering than Porro, he was the more polished defender, making crucial interceptions and heading off the line. One of the two, surely, should have been player of the match – but another right-back, Gary Neville, gave the award to Bentancur. Tim de Lisle

Sometimes you need to look past the result and look at the performance. We totally controlled the game but still never made Onana make enough saves. We were ravaged by injuries and players missing. We win that game if Sonny,deki and Solomon are there because it means we can change the front three. I personally never felt we were going to go on and win it. Loved how we played and we are going to be a force for years to come under Ange. We are only seeing snippets of what we are going to become and to be only 5 points off the top shows what direction we are going.

In a match thread? Maybe,.on occasion. But only on the back of a poor result where the atmosphere is already pretty toxic anyway.

Yesterday all I saw in the thread post-match was goodwill and a general consensus the team had played well under the circumstances and probably deserved all 3 points......A few posts justifiably criticising a few individual performances, and many more praising a few excellent performances.

Then this cock appears from nowhere, without provocation, trying to stir the shit claiming critics of Levy should fuck off and support another club in a trademark classic, "Look at me everyone. Im a super-fan" kinda' post

Well worthy of the disagree he spat his dummy out over

You have an astounding lack of self awareness

Hoijland....... "We're disappointed.... We were the better team". 🤡🤡🤡
You know what, I'm quite happy seeing things like that coming from him and Ten Hag, they're trying to snow everyone.

"Starting to see the patterns emerge," or words to that effect, was one of the statements he made in the interview.

As long as they keep trotting that out, it's more likely they'll con the likes of Radcliffe to keep Ten Hag on.

Give right-backs a chance​

Full-backs don’t often grab the headlines, and sure enough they didn’t at Old Trafford as Rodrigo Bentancur, Rasmus Højlund and Marcus Rashford all scored classy goals. But the best player on either side, according to the WhoScored.com ratings, was the right-back. For Spurs, Pedro Porro earned 8.1 out of 10 for a fearless attacking display that included an assist when his pinpoint corner picked out the peroxide head of Richarlison. Ange Postecoglou says he wants his players to stop thinking of themselves as defenders or attackers, and Porro is both at once. For Manchester United, Diogo Dalot did even better with a rating of 8.2. If he was less buccaneering than Porro, he was the more polished defender, making crucial interceptions and heading off the line. One of the two, surely, should have been player of the match – but another right-back, Gary Neville, gave the award to Bentancur. Tim de Lisle

Dalot was easily their MOTM

Shout out to the away fans, they were fantastic throughout the entire match.

Tom And Jerry Thank You GIF by Max
My voice has gone this morning.

Result was disappointing but the performance was not and apart from defence( even with the centre backs just returning ) the team is still threadbare at the moment and clearly running on empty in the last 15 minutes.

I have nothing but praise for the effort , not only for taking it to them but also for digging deep and never giving up and running themselves into the ground.

An illness through the camp and the much maligned PEH/Skipp partnership in the engine room on paper would put the fear into even the Lilywhiteist of hearts. Yet we leave the cauldron of prawn sandwich and silence unhappy and that is testament to how far we have advanced in such a short period of time. COYS
Last 15 minutes, we have some youngsters on the bench. City had young Oscar, brought him on and he scored the winner.

You have an astounding amount of self awareness

Thanks. Although even as one of the boards most passionate defenders, I'm sure even you don't subscribe to the childish view that those who have been critical or treat our current promising trajectory with a considered amount of caution should fuck off and 'support another club'

Like I said. Uncalled for, unnecessary, unprovoked and downright divisive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom