Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we did.

Levy wasn't spending £60m on a back up. It was the contingency in case he wanted to leave again or for when he did.

If we sold Kane before buying Richarlison, Everton would have wanted far more money.
I don't think Levy would have spent that money on a Kane replacement unless he really had too.

He wasn't spending it on a 'what if...'

He could be an Woolwich fan and you’d never know the difference in how he talks about us. Cunt.

It’s rare a popular social media football fan will be a happy clapper because the people who don’t take it all that seriously and can have a laugh at their club are more entertaining.

Expressions is funny. Imo anyway.

I don't see Werner as the Kane replacement.

I think our first choice front 3 will now be Johnson Son Kulusevski; so Son is the Kane 'replacement'. Werner off the bench with his speed against tiring opposition could be handy.

It's utter agenda-driven bullshit that's why.

I don't see Werner as the Kane replacement.

I think our first choice front 3 will now be Johnson Son Kulusevski; so Son is the Kane 'replacement'. Werner off the bench with his speed against tiring opposition could be handy.
Werner will definitely back himself to replace Johnson/Kulu/Richy in the first 11. None of them have been ripping up trees.

Werner - Son - Kulu
(Solomon) - (Richy) - (Johnson)
Assuming everyone is playing to their potential I think the above would be our best front 3. Very able deputies on the bench too.

Werner will definitely back himself to replace Johnson/Kulu/Richy in the first 11. None of them have been ripping up trees.

Werner - Son - Kulu
(Solomon) - (Richy) - (Johnson)
Assuming everyone is playing to their potential I think the above would be our best front 3. Very able deputies on the bench too.
That’s plausible too; either way I don’t see him as a Kane replacement as some are trying to frame it as.

2019. Back when Ndombele was class.

You decided to post a video from 3 seasons ago and that's your response?

😂 😂

giphy.gif

If this guy had signed for anybody else everyone would be laughing and taking the piss. So many fucking hypocrites on here its unbelievable.
But if Ange wants him him, then fair play, I'm behind it.

If Werner signed for Woolwich, those that are blasting him would be saying what a great signing he is and wished we showed the same ambition as Woolwich..

It pains me to see how many knicker wetters we have in our ranks.

I don’t know what to think anymore…

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Why does anyone think Kane can or should be replaced? We want to spread out our goals and assists amongst multiple players so that we aren’t too reliant on any single player.

I have a feeling Werner will come good and prove the doubters wrong (unless you are expecting him to be Harry Kane in which case you are fucked)!

The more I think of it, the more I think Ange will be a good coach for him. Since his spell at Chelsea, Werner’s been seen as a bit of joke (I’ll admit I laughed at his misfortunes at Chelsea and was dubious initially about him coming here). Ange himself has also been seen as a joke at times (he even admitted as much in his last press conference at Celtic before he came here) so he’ll surely know what to say to him to motivate him to prove people wrong, along with giving him the coaching he needs on the training pitch

Why does anyone think Kane can or should be replaced? We want to spread out our goals and assists amongst multiple players so that we aren’t too reliant on any single player.

I have a feeling Werner will come good and prove the doubters wrong (unless you are expecting him to be Harry Kane in which case you are fucked)!

I kept seeing after Kane left that Ange doesn’t play with an out and out number 9. He likes to have several forwards who are versatile and can all play across the forward line in any position.

The recruitment so far backs that up

Yeah, I've also got videos of all the goals Victor Jansen and Roberto Soldado scored before it became apparent they weren't really all that
It's Vincent, no?
Have some respect for the great man FFS!!!!!

...unless you meant Victor Meldrew????

A poor record at Chavs but:

bought by Lampard in his sacked season. One of the worst managers in the PL ever, in his worst ever season.

replaced by a very defensive minded Tuchel

during the time that the club was in turmoil with RA

I wouldn't say that with Ange we're in anything like those situations
Here's a break down of his numbers under each coach.

(The bottom few rows were in youth football)

He seems to excel when playing under a coach who plays the high press, he actually had a great start under Tedesco who was the manager when he went back to Leipzig but injuries, loss of form and managerial change has ultimately led him here.

According to the table even at his "failed" spell at chavs under Tuchal he still averaged 1 Goal or assist in 148 minutes (all comps).

He has a opportunity now with us under Ange, I hope he takes it.

I don't think Levy would have spent that money on a Kane replacement unless he really had too.

He wasn't spending it on a 'what if...'
After spending the previous summer flirting with City?

We were going to need to replace Kane at some point, whether he transfered or stayed until he retired.

Personally I think (although we overpaid) it's probably the only bit of forward thinking the guy has ever done.

Back
Top Bottom