Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why does anyone think Kane can or should be replaced? We want to spread out our goals and assists amongst multiple players so that we aren’t too reliant on any single player.

I have a feeling Werner will come good and prove the doubters wrong (unless you are expecting him to be Harry Kane in which case you are fucked)!
I'm sure I've read that we've scored more goals this season than at the same time last season?

I might have got that wrong.

So you were posting about Scotland because that's where Jota plays played, in a thread about Werner, because you don't know enough about Werner to post about him?
Wouldn't they have both been playing in the same position on the left as winger? and therefor comparable choices? Although, Werner can play centrally according to some people on this forum.

I was stating that Jota would have been my prefered choice...

Like I say, if Ange gave the nod to Werner, then lets see what he can do.

I have nothing against the fella, just don't anything about him.

Last edited:
I'm sure I've read that we've scored more goals this season than at the same time last season?

I might have got that wrong.

42 this year after 20.

39 last year.

In fact, we've only bettered 42 goals after our first 20 games just once in the last 30 years and that was when we got 43 after 20 in the 2018/19 season.

Why does anyone think Kane can or should be replaced? We want to spread out our goals and assists amongst multiple players so that we aren’t too reliant on any single player.

I have a feeling Werner will come good and prove the doubters wrong (unless you are expecting him to be Harry Kane in which case you are fucked)!
Exactly - Werner will fit perfectly with all our other 1st team players who take it in turns to miss sitters on a regular basis. He'll feel at home immediately.

Werner will definitely back himself to replace Johnson/Kulu/Richy in the first 11. None of them have been ripping up trees.

Werner - Son - Kulu
(Solomon) - (Richy) - (Johnson)
Assuming everyone is playing to their potential I think the above would be our best front 3. Very able deputies on the bench too.
I don't know why people putting Kulu there on the right, he is absolutely dog shit there the majority of the time.

It will more likely be

Son
Werner Maddison Johnson
Bentancur Sarr/Biss
Udogie VDV Romero Porro

Sarr or Bissouma, but that will probably our starting lineup when everyone is fit. The reason why I pick Johnson, is that he whips the ball into the box first time when he gets the chance and this precisily led to two of Richi's recent goals.

Kulu just doesn't do this often and consistently has to cut in on two his left, which slows the attack down and allows the defence precious time to organise as he dithers, but to be fair he did do it a couple fo times in the second half against burnely.

As for the left. It will be a toss up between Soloman and Werner.

It's a huge difference between being delusional about Werner being a great signing and simply being positive and giving him a chance until he's at least played a few games. One should be behind every player in the Spurs shirt unless and until they've proven otherwise (like Ndombele).
I remember how fans teared into Vicario before he's even played a game and, particularly, after his first ever game for Spurs (vs Brentford).
Werner is an emergency signing after Solomon, Perisic and Veliz all went out injured and Son will be gone for a month to the Asia Cup - leaving Spurs with only Johnson, Richarlison & Gil up-front + Kulusevski, who's covering both as OCM & RWF.
It's well-known how hard it is to sign quality players in the January TW. And Spurs had not budgeted a new forward this January TW; so apart from Jota there really weren't many other options available.
I have not gone thru all the comments about Werner but I haven't seen any fan raving about him and claiming he'll be a huge hit. And he's never been mentioned among all the various forwards Spurs wanted.
He's a cheap emergency signing who choose Spurs over Man Utd.
I wish him all the best!
Or he could show that Chelsea was the exception rather than the rule, and we buy him for a pittance.

But enough of this sensible bollocks, let's get back to cunting off every signing we make...

It will more likely be

Son
Werner Maddison Johnson
Bentancur? Sarr/Biss
Udogie VDV? Romero Porro

Sarr or Bissouma, but that will probably our starting lineup when everyone is fit. The reason why I pick Johnson, is that he whips the ball into the box first time when he gets the chance and this precisily led to two of Richi's recent goals.

Kulu just doesn't do this often and consistently has to cut in on two his left, which slows the attack down and allows the defence precious time to organise as he dithers, but to be fair he did do it a couple fo times in the second half against burnely.

As for the left. It will be a toss up between Soloman and Werner.
I dunno why we're naming ideal XI's... half that team ain't playing together anytime soon (at least before Feb)

You're nothing more than a dreamer TheGreenLily TheGreenLily

Correct. Let Ange do his thing. So glad we moved away from playing that god awful and predictable Harry Kane ball

Back
Top Bottom