Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he signs, first criteria is how is he as person, will he run himself into the ground, does he want to play for the club and will he fit in with the culture? Then is he talented enough to improve the group. He had an absolute stinker at Chelsea but is he a talented footballer? Yes. Do not underestimate Ange's ability to get the best out of players.

I saw negativity when MVDV and Vicario signed, in fact I saw a lot of anger when the Spanish guy signed for Woolwich

Believe me, if there's talent there Ange will drain every last drop out of the player. Werner could well them out to be a master stroke. He will have never been given the confidence and coaching like he will under Ange
Another player who would absolutely flourish is Jota. I can confidently say he's more talented version than the Liverpool version, just like Ange he simply need the stage to shine

Jota would be a sensational signing

Last edited:
I think Werner will go on and prove alot of people wrong. He's going to add some star quality in the team and when we have the first XI back, we will be rocking. Get Dragusin, pace and youth, we will be so exciting if all clicks. And we haven't even reach the ceiling yet.

Last edited:
If he signs, first criteria is how is he as person, will he run himself into the ground, does he want to play for the club and will he fit in with the culture? Then is he talented enough to improve the group. He had an absolute stinker at Chelsea but is he a talented footballer? Yes. Do not underestimate Ange's ability to get the best out of players.

I saw negativity when MVDV and Vicario signed, in fact I saw a lot of anger when the Spanish guy signed for Woolwich

Believe me, if there's talent there Ange will drain every last drop out of the player. Werner could well them out to be a master stroke. He will have never been given the confidence and coaching like he will under Ange
Another player who would absolutely flourish is Jota. I can confidently say he's more talented version than the Liverpool version, just like Ange he simply need the stage to shine

Jota would be a sensational signing
Jota wont be coming - otherwise the Left side would be congested

Van Der Vaart type signing vibes. I think he ticks every box we want and need talent wise. No risk and a potentially massive upside. Great deal Tottenham 👌
I am not against it but there is a risk , he does not perform , ie maintains last 5 years form . We slide out of title race which I think is likely regardless , we slide out of top 4 which unravels summer plans somewhat.

Having said that , not sure we could get anyone else , plus I think Ange might be the guy to revive him. If Ange saves him he will be the managerial equivalent of a defibrillator, I genuinely think Ange can do it. Werner is ideal for the system , he might miss quite a few but I think he will get so many chances his numbers will be OK

Last edited:
If this guy had signed for anybody else everyone would be laughing and taking the piss. So many fucking hypocrites on here its unbelievable.
But if Ange wants him him, then fair play, I'm behind it.

But I can't help thinking with all the transfers that have happened over the years, this reeks of a levy cheap option.

This Is our kane replacement, like it or not. Not sure who else we could have got to be honest. Hopefully he can help us push for Europe next season

But he is one of us now so good luck to the fella

Last edited:
If this guy had signed for anybody else everyone would be laughing and taking the piss. So many fucking ypocrites on here its unbelievable.
But if Ange wants him then him, then fair play, I'm behind it.

But I can't help thinking with all the transfers that have happened over the years, this reeks of a levy cheap option.

This Is our kane replacement, like it or not. Not sure who else we could have got to be honest. Hopefully he can help us push for Europe next season

But he is one of us now so good luck to the fella
Richarlison was our Kane replacement; the year before he went as a contingency.

The noise is that Ange wants him. That's good enough for me.

Almost every player signed in the last 18 months has been a hit or shown their potential to be good. If that doesn't tell you that things are changing then I don't know what to tell you.

We don't have to spunk big money for a player to be a success.

we don't have a striker that can
Head a ball to where he wants it to go
hold the ball up
hold off challenges
win free kicks

so we get another one who can't do these things, makes my head shake

Exciting player but yeah, perhaps the lowest chance conversion I've seen when he was at Chelsea - a bit like with Forlan at Utd.

However, Forlan then went on to score buckets in Spain so you never know.

we don't have a striker that can
Head a ball to where he wants it to go
hold the ball up
hold off challenges
win free kicks

so we get another one who can't do these things, makes my head shake
Madders wins free kicks for fun.

The other three - although important - aren't ultimately how Angeball works.

Back
Top Bottom