Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Orban. Oh wow. Everyone yelling for his signature would have been responsible for an even worse signing than Vincent Janssen (more money!)

Is Paratici a secret agent for Juve using us to remove their trash for them?

Probably get rejected & he will end up @ Brighton

So basically we're spending 25mil on an average player who doesn't create. And we're gonna give him a 4 or 5 year contract. Somebody we had never shown interest in til Villa did. Okay. Sounds like great business.

Every single one of my many Italian friends, most of whom are Juve fans, have told me he's one of the worst CM they can remember Juve playing.

He's slow, can't pass, can't score. He gives so many balls away they've lost count seasons ago already.

All said he's a terrible signing and they never expected a club like Spurs to sign him. Palace, Villa, even Newcastle...okay. But not Spurs. Now they're buzzing and saying Fabio is a hero.

And they hate Kulusevski too.

Not as good as Hoijberg.....

On a par with Winks ....

Honestly I’m not surprised. Paratici is a fraud and we’ll suffer a lot after the transfers he’ll have made in the next few years.

We just sold the best 9 in the world.
We're allowed to expect better than someone who failed at one of our rivals and isn't even reviving himself at his old club.
I don't see Werner as the Kane replacement.

I think our first choice front 3 will now be Johnson Son Kulusevski; so Son is the Kane 'replacement'. Werner off the bench with his speed against tiring opposition could be handy.

Bloody hell, you're right - I did him a mis-service.

Which makes the idea of Richarlison being Kane's replacement 13 months before he left for Bayern even more laughable!
I think we did.

Levy wasn't spending £60m on a back up. It was the contingency in case he wanted to leave again or for when he did.

If we sold Kane before buying Richarlison, Everton would have wanted far more money.

Do you really think that? Richarlison was signed 6 weeks before Kane was signed by Bayern.

Richy was signed a year before Kane left, mate.

(Forgive me if I've read that wrong.)

1- The only other time we spent money in the region of 60 million on one player was when we bought a load of players with the Bale money. We done the exact same with Kanes 100 mill. We brought in 3-4 first team players

Our biggest signing with the Bale money was 30m (Lamela), but your broader point is on the right track.

Kane left last summer and in that time, accross our front line, we have signed the folllowing (not including Maddison):

Johnson - 50m
Veliz - 12m
Solomon - 0m + (but still needs paying + some kind of sweetening to Shaktar suspected.)
Werner - Loan (which may turn into 15m in time)
+ combined wages that would be in excess of what we were paying Kane.

Anyone who'd look at that and declare that Werner - and Werner alone - is "The Kane replacement (tm)" could only be doing so in bad faith.

Last edited:
I think he's a very lucky boy to get yet another chance at a big club. Hopefully he doesn't blow it this time.

Of course you don’t.

You’re never excited but always hoping it will turn out. If the player turns out good then we’re all happy and if he doesn’t then you can say “I told you so.”

You and a handful of others are never caught being too optimistic.

Shit on everything and then if anything good happens it's a half-hearted "oh well; I'm glad to be proved wrong"......

The coward's way.

Last edited:
It’s a low risk signing. January is not the best time to get in new players at reasonable fees.

If he does well, we have the OPTION of signing him on a permanent deal. If not, he goes back to Leipzig.

We’ve had so many injuries / suspensions this season, there’s no guarantee we won’t suffer more in the remaining matches. Having an extra senior attacker would be better than using a player in a position that he’s not used to (like Royal & Davies).

Bloody hell, you're right - I did him a mis-service.

Which makes the idea of Richarlison being Kane's replacement 13 months before he left for Bayern even more laughable!

Yeh; I have a hard time buying that..... At most there was a degree of contingency in our thinking, but a) It was still plausible that Kane could stay at that point and b) Rich was a way for us to address both a need for LW & ST back-up with a player we assumed to be good enough to play CL & EPL games whenever needed in the forthcoming season.

Last edited:
I think minutes played are an important metric too in terms of goals scored. Someone playing 30+ games a season should be hitting 10 goals of course, but wingers/support strikers and players that have limited minutes need that factored in too.

So many people here reckon Sonny is past it and has been shit this season. He's got 12 goals already.

Same for Richie. He's got 6 league goals in half a season. So what is it? They are actually good?

I'm just pointing out that someone that has a goal involvement every two games from a statistic is actually contributing.

But it's ok, because you think he's shit so it's a joke transfer.
lol who thinks Son is past it? He’s got 17 goal contributions

Richie has like 7 league goals in 1.5 seasons for us - not great

Forwards will always be measured by their goal contributions first and foremost. Then other attributes come into play but they are secondary

Funny Face Wow GIF by Tennis TV

Funny, charismatic guy, and a lot of it is exaggerated for comedic effect but fundamentally true!
He's as funny and as charismatic as something that isn't funny, or charismatic. A prime example of someone who shouts to cover up for the fact that his material is decidedly 3rd rate.

Back
Top Bottom