Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But it's ok, because you think he's shit so it's a joke transfer.

I don’t and have never said it. He’s alright & decent on loan with massive flaws. I’m not prepared to do a you and pretend he’s more than that but that doesn’t mean I think he’s totally shit.

In true Spurs fans tradition a section of the "cheerful" Spurs fans do not want to give any new player a chance before they've even arrived at the club.
And they will keep on condemning and ripping into that concerning player just to prove themselves right no matter how well that player plays. Because all that matters is that they are "right".
But, as I've stated before in this case.... only Timo will tell...
Gonna pretend I didn’t read that last sentence.

In true Spurs fans tradition a section of the "cheerful" Spurs fans do not want to give any new player a chance before they've even arrived at the club.
And they will keep on condemning and ripping into that concerning player just to prove themselves right no matter how well that player plays. Because all that matters is that they are "right".
But, as I've stated before in this case.... only Timo will tell...
It’s actually laughable how he’s getting slaughtered and he’s not even put our shirt on yet but some still want to give players chance after chance when they’ve been poor for us over a decent period of time or even years and we all know who I’m talking about.

I don’t and have never said it. He’s alright & decent on loan with massive flaws. I’m not prepared to do a you and pretend he’s more than that but that doesn’t mean I think he’s totally shit.
Every single player has flaws but his attributes can make us a more potent and dangerous team to play against.

I'm excited for this. Ange knows a thing or two so I will trust his judgement. It's a great option to have and it's no risk really, if anything it seems that Werner may go all out to try to make it a permanent move, seeing as he also is eyeing the Euros. His pace will be an asset and hopefully he can do plenty of assists if not scoring so much himself.

Every single player has flaws but his attributes can make us a more potent and dangerous team to play against.
I wouldn't waste your breath mate, you're talking to someone who slated the signings of Kulu and Bentancur for weeks, he also said Woolwich paying Saka 300k a week was brilliant business as he was worth every penny..

I don't think he's the second coming at all.

I just posted some factual information.

He's about 1 goal contribution over two games in actual minutes in this league, 1 in three for appearances. Both of those align with our current players.

I don't think he's coming to score 20 goals and lead us to a title charge as he rejuvenates his career. I reckon he's going to chip in with 10 goals and assists combined over the remaining 17 games if we are lucky and it all works out. because that's what the data tells us. As well as missing hosts of chances. Because that's what footballers do.

He IS going to offer more than Gil. So by that marker it improves the team.

Toney has scored 12 goals and 20 goals in his last 2 seasons.
Goons will likely have to pay £100m to buy him.
How much would Villa want for Watkins?

I wouldn't waste your breath mate, you're talking to someone who slated the signings of Kulu and Bentancur for weeks, he also said Woolwich paying Saka 300k a week was brilliant business as he was worth every penny..

Do you want me to show everyone the personal messages you sent me where you said I was right about Kulu or..?

Do you really think that? Richarlison was signed 6 weeks before Kane was signed by Bayern.

It's a great signing.

1- The only other time we spent money in the region of 60 million on one player was when we bought a load of players with the Bale money. We done the exact same with Kanes 100 mill. We brought in 3-4 first team players

2- are you insinuating that I’m saying it’s not a good signing ?

He’s coming here hungry because it probably is his last chance to get in the Germany squad. Getting a player on loan in January who probably feels he’s got a point to prove over here can only be a good thing. If he ends up in the Germany squad he’ll likely have been a hit for us. I’m sure he could have stayed in Germany and just coasted through his Leipzig contract whether that was there or another German club but he’s chose to come to a massive club with so much to play for. It’s also to his former club’s most hated rivals and that right there tells me about his character. I hope I’m right in this but I think he’ll surprise us all and show how good a player he is.

Already happening on social media, so only a matter of time before Talksport and/or Sky start doing it too.

View: https://twitter.com/swspurs/status/1743786610980794515?t=3AMPA0dlZIujG-iBTb-FkA&s=19

Dimitar Berbatov and Robbie Keane to Darren Bent and Roman Pavlyuchenko was pretty fucking diabolical. Especially considering we paid £30m for the pair in 2008 which was good money at the time, Werner is a 6 month loan so even if he's absolute dogshit he won't be as bad as Bent was for us.

1Tanguy Ndombele£10,400,000£200,000
2Heung-Min Son£9,880,000£190,000
3Ivan Perisic£9,360,000£180,000
4James Maddison£8,840,000£170,000
5Cristian Romero£8,580,000£165,000
6Timo Werner£8,580,000£165,000
7Dejan Kulusevski£5,720,000£110,000
8Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg£5,252,000£101,000
9Richarlison de Andrade£4,680,000£90,000
10Eric Dier£4,420,000£85,000

So many reasons to hate that chart…

Back