Timo Werner

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not cheering against him. All I said is I'm not getting my hopes up and hopefully he proves me wrong.

Unlike other recent signings, Timo has been so bad we have all openly mocked him. It doesn't make you any less of a fan to have hesitations over him. If anything, it makes you delusional if you're all in thinking he's going to be great for us.
I don't think there's anything wrong with voicing opinions. That's exactly what a forum's for (and what some folk sometimes forget).

All I can say is that, for me, it doesn't matter who it is - it could be a clone of Ali Dia - but until I've seen a newcomer put on the shirt and show us what he has (or hasn't) got over a few months, I'm not going down the negative route.

Looks like Werner's now Spurs. Time to back him.

of course I'd blow up the cockerel if it was actually a clone of Ali Dia

If this guy had signed for anybody else everyone would be laughing and taking the piss. So many fucking hypocrites on here its unbelievable.
But if Ange wants him him, then fair play, I'm behind it.

But I can't help thinking with all the transfers that have happened over the years, this reeks of a levy cheap option.

This Is our kane replacement, like it or not. Not sure who else we could have got to be honest. Hopefully he can help us push for Europe next season

But he is one of us now so good luck to the fella

I don’t have to like it because you are wrong. richarlison was Kanes replacement. 60 million quid says so. Werner is a stop gap LOAN signing because Son is away for a month and Veliz is crocked.

His history is one of a player that scores goals, and his "terrible" Chelsea stint he had 0.44 G/A per 90.

A goal or assist every two games doesn't seem that terrible to me, when he seemingly wasn't utilised properly.
Interesting isn't it? Your stats seem to describe an able player, but whenever I saw his name on the opposition teamsheet I used to think, "Oh good - he'll miss a few."

DAMMIT and your proof to back up your point!!!!

Here's hoping the Chelsea system he played in didn't utilise him like an Ange team will....

I know, I'm clutching at straws here!!
What proof though? A twitter account? Okay.

Whilst he did get offside often at Chavs how much of that was down to overplay before the ball was played? Sure some will be his timing but there is always another side of the coin.

As others have already said here some people just want their initial opinion to be proved right regardless. Maybe he will be a huge success, maybe he won’t.

I don’t have to like it because you are wrong. richarlison was Kanes replacement. 60 million quid says so. Werner is a stop gap LOAN signing because Son is away for a month and Veliz is crocked.
Well let's see how it all turns out.

Werner's got pace that neither Kane nor Rich have. I can't wait to see him getting on the end of Johnson crosses/GLC through balls, and from end Jan/start Feb on the end of Son's crosses and Madz through balls.

May turn out to be a perm signing and Richi replacement.

For a striker it’s pretty fucking important, yes????

He wasted so many chances at Chelsea. We all found it bloody hilarious. Why everyone is now pretending they have amnesia and the system let him down is beyond me.

He’s genuinely a clever pick up as we need depth and he does a job. But just be honest about what he is ffs. Quick, works hard, fucking diabolical at scoring goals for years.
Strikers are only good if they score 10+ goals.

Ok.

Yeah pretty much mate that’s been the bar for good strikers for erm .. decades now? Longer? It’s sort of in the name. Striker.

But anyway, lies for the weak, beacons for the deluded & all that
I think minutes played are an important metric too in terms of goals scored. Someone playing 30+ games a season should be hitting 10 goals of course, but wingers/support strikers and players that have limited minutes need that factored in too.

So many people here reckon Sonny is past it and has been shit this season. He's got 12 goals already.

Same for Richie. He's got 6 league goals in half a season. So what is it? They are actually good?

I'm just pointing out that someone that has a goal involvement every two games from a statistic is actually contributing.

But it's ok, because you think he's shit so it's a joke transfer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom