Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You think he would be a fairly easy sell unless we want stupid money for him. Just getting back what we paid for him must be fairly achievable.
Started well for Rennes then lost his place but won it back at the rear end of the season.
But he hardly featured for us and we got him from the Champ.
We paid £11m and I expect we sell at a loss.
I would be happy if we could get a combined double digit fee for him and Sanchez.

Didn't someone say he LIVED for defending when we signed him...?
(It might have been me)
I'm man enough to admit I was totally wrong...
Shame, 'cos historically, a commanding Welsh (or Scottish) CB is what we've built our DNA around....
Looks like it won't be Joe ...

The more and better Rodon plays the higher his transfer fee. He must be worth t around £25m+ by now....

'Rodon at heart of rejuvenated defence'​

• Published
      7 November 2023
Adonis Storr, The Roaring Peacock, external
On Friday, Leeds United secured their sixth clean sheet of the campaign - not bad for a team that conceded more than 150 goals in the previous two seasons.
At the heart of that rejuvenated defence is Tottenham Hotspur loanee Joe Rodon.
Rodon does not seem to come with the baggage Leeds' recent centre-backs have carried. The Welshman eschews the pantomime theatrics of Pontus Jansson and does not have the errors that haunt Liam Cooper. Not since Ben White have Leeds looked so solid in defence.
But what has defined Rodon's season so far is his organisational nous and his fighting spirit. Rodon has the vision to anticipate danger and the courage to fly into tackles and blocks. He emerges from these battles victorious more often than not, with a characteristic grimace on his face.
And Rodon has made those around him better. Illan Meslier and Pascal Struijk look far more comfortable this season by his side.
The mistake Leeds made with White was not having the funds to pay over the odds to make his loan permanent. They should avoid the same mistake.
Should Rodon be available on a permanent transfer, 1 January will not be soon enough to complete the deal.

Back
Top Bottom