Joe Rodon

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If every manager has thought Dier is much better than Rodon then surely that tells you everything? What else is there to say?

Again, we are not a charity. What kind of manager would select a worse player over a better one (in their view)? Players don't deserve to play out of pity. They have to show they are better than the others. Rodon didn't do that which is why he played last season in the lower half of the French league.
I suspect that teams in the lower half of the French league had better defences last season than we did.

I can't actually believe that there's fans still pulling for this guy

This is a clear case of absence making the heart grow fonder, player's always get put on a pedestal when you don't see them play for a such a long time.

Makes one wonder why we bought him in the first place? ''Hey lets buy a defender who is shitter than our shit defenders.''

Well obviously based on his good form in the Championship for Swansea we thought it was worth taking a punt at £10m. Unfortunately he couldn’t handle the step up. That’s football.

I don’t hear anybody crying that Bongani Khumalo didn’t get a fair crack. Some players simply aren’t good enough to play in the PL.

If every manager has thought Dier is much better than Rodon then surely that tells you everything? What else is there to say?

Again, we are not a charity. What kind of manager would select a worse player over a better one (in their view)? Players don't deserve to play out of pity. They have to show they are better than the others. Rodon didn't do that which is why he played last season in the lower half of the French league.
To say that Rodon is bad is excessive. His last two matches with Rennes as starter against Ajaccio and Monaco, essential matches for European qualification, were very good, well rated by observers, and appreciated by the Rennes coach. And I remind you that Rennes finished 4th in L1, so it's not a second zone club. To conclude, Rodon was better and more invested than Spence.

Exactly this re Spence too.

Well obviously based on his good form in the Championship for Swansea we thought it was worth taking a punt at £10m. Unfortunately he couldn’t handle the step up. That’s football.

I don’t hear anybody crying that Bongani Khumalo didn’t get a fair crack. Some players simply aren’t good enough to play in the PL.

Yep good post.

You have to take chances. Some players like Walker just blossom beyond all belief. Others less so.

Not to gamble is daft but getting it right more often than not is the trick.

What did Ndombele post to the Napoli fans?
pizza GIF

Back
Top Bottom