Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just seen the goals. No surprise to see who was to blame. I know we always say this but we need another couple of transfer windows.

Dier 100%. Can see it with your own eyes. It was his crap ball under pressure that went out of play when he could have easily booted it up there. It was the 91st minute ffs. Then, the 2nd goal watch him. Completely unaware of the Wolves goal scorer. Just lets him through on goal. Yet, I’m getting berated for “scapegoating”. 🤦‍♂️

What’s the bet if Ange came out public like Arteta did, that he’s getting fined and probably a touchline ban??

Seems some clubs can flat out threaten mutiny if they don’t like their whistles but others just accept their players getting hacked until they are injured.

I doubt Spurs fans are the only ones that feel this way. Maybe we are just an entitled bunch for expecting anything different.

Maybe but I'm struggling to see fairness on view.

What I've seen a lot of here is people focusing on individuals not playing well. But to me my eyes, the entire team was poor. Nobody can walk away from that game with their head held high IMO.
I guess it's a bit like the sort of thing that makes people say "BMW drivers never indicate"
Some do, some dont. Same as every car. But people only see what they want to see and ignore everything else.
Yesterday, nobody was indicating.

When you say we started well, I assume you mean up until we scored? On 2 and a half minutes. Wolves worked their way back into the game pretty much from then on in.

Unduly harsh and somewhat dismissive of the opposition.

We weren't good enough and didn't do enough to deserve to win. No argument.

But much of this post-analysis is based on the result. Had we won or held on, many of the comments change in tone.

Nobody rational can dismiss us not having 3 of our season-long back 4 and our midfield creator in chief. Plainly a nonsense.

Players collectively were not as good as we needed them to be.

All the game showed is that we cannot cope with a squad decimated by the loss of 7 viable options. Only City could realistically be expected to suck that up. See Newcastle for similar to us at present.

It won't be until next season before we see a squad closer to what Postecoglou wants and needs.

It's people trying to cope, if they acknowledge that the possibility of corruption/bias exists in the decision making process it will literally ruin football for them.

Sticking their heads in the sand is a better alternative for their own mental health.

What I will say is this, we have proven evidence that corruption in football exists based on what happened in the Italian leagues, if people think the worlds richest league isn't corrupt then they are living in the land of delulu being the solulu.

The Leicester season was the one for me that made me realise this league is, best case scenario, filled with officials who exhibit unfair bias that influence games OR worst case scenario, are actually corrupt and are fixing (the latter seems less likely but I will not remove the idea completely. )

I'm not in denial about anything, however conspiracy theorists are all well balanced high achieving pillars of society
We aren't talking about some flat earth level of mental shit here though, we are talking about something that has literally happened in the game already.

And let us not forget, the biggest drivers of profit in this league are outside investment from questionable ethics, do you really think it's beyond the realms of possibility that corruption could have infested the PL?

Let's remove the idea of corruption completely though and let me ask you this, do you not believe that the personal bias of a ref and lack of professionalism could also be playing a role in how games play out? Maybe a ref listens to the media and allows it to influence his thought process prior to a match etc?

Because it's not the big decisions, imo, that impact games, it's the small micro decisions throughout that have the biggest impact.

Like yellow carding a midfield player for a fair challenge therefore influencing how he plays for the remainder of the game; or allowing one team to kick the shit out of the other with no repercussions etc.

You don't think these things could be purposeful and born from bias?

It's people trying to cope, if they acknowledge that the possibility of corruption/bias exists in the decision making process it will literally ruin football for them.

Sticking their heads in the sand is a better alternative for their own mental health.

What I will say is this, we have proven evidence that corruption in football exists based on what happened in the Italian leagues, if people think the worlds richest league isn't corrupt then they are living in the land of delulu being the solulu.

The Leicester season was the one for me that made me realise this league is, best case scenario, filled with officials who exhibit unfair bias that influence games OR worst case scenario, are actually corrupt and are fixing (the latter seems less likely but I will not remove the idea completely. )

Corruption is a loaded term though and implies that PL referees are conspiring against us for some sort of financial benefit or to the benefit of our opponents.

Think the word your looking for is bias or unconscious bias.

Corruption is a loaded term though and implies that PL referees are conspiring against us for some sort of financial benefit or to the benefit of our opponents.

Think the word your looking for is bias or unconscious bias.
I do agree corruption is a loaded term and in itself sounds very tinfoil hat.

However, I am not ruling out corruption completely when we have evidence of it happening in football already at a high level; especially in a league filled with questionable ethics and this kind of money being thrown around.

However, I will add that I also think that the theory of fixing and corruption is this sense is highly unlikely and quite unreasonable.

That being said, my main issue and the one I feel really is going on in this league, is what you have highlighted, bias or unconscious bias which is born from a lack of professionalism imo.

This, imo, is certainly a thing and it's a thing that unfairly influences games across the board (it has even benefited us at times let's be honest) and it's something that needs rooting out.

We aren't talking about some flat earth level of mental shit here though, we are talking about something that has literally happened in the game already.

And let us not forget, the biggest drivers of profit in this league are outside investment from questionable ethics, do you really think it's beyond the realms of possibility that corruption could have infested the PL?

Let's remove the idea of corruption completely though and let me ask you this, do you not believe that the personal bias of a ref and lack of professionalism could also be playing a role in how games play out? Maybe a ref listens to the media and allows it to influence his thought process prior to a match etc?

Because it's not the big decisions, imo, that impact games, it's the small micro decisions throughout that have the biggest impact.

Like yellow carding a midfield player for a fair challenge therefore influencing how he plays for the remainder of the game; or allowing one team to kick the shit out of the other with no repercussions etc.

You don't think these things could be purposeful and born from bias?
Waving T-Mobile GIF by Magenta

I do agree corruption is a loaded term and in itself sounds very tinfoil hat.

However, I am not ruling out corruption completely when we have evidence of it happening in football already at a high level; especially in a league filled with questionable ethics and this kind of money being thrown around.

However, I will add that I also think that the theory of fixing and corruption is this sense is highly unlikely and quite unreasonable.

That being said, my main issue and the one I feel really is going on in this league, is what you have highlighted, bias or unconscious bias which is born from a lack of professionalism imo.

This, imo, is certainly a thing and it's a thing that unfairly influences games across the board (it has even benefited us at times let's be honest) and it's something that needs rooting out.

Fine but you have to ask yourself why'd they'd be going out their way to conspire against us and to the benefit of who? Because according to those stats it's happening in every match since the Liverpool game with various opponents, what would be the motivation behind it?

There's definitely bias at play but that's just human nature, nothing is going to be 100% fair in life.

Fine but you have to ask yourself why'd they'd be going out their way to conspire against us and to the benefit of who? Because according to those stats it's happening in every match since the Liverpool game with various opponents, what would be the motivation behind it?

There's definitely bias at play but that's just human nature, nothing is going to be 100% fair in life.
I don't think it's really to conspire against us in particular, I think it's more that they are influenced by the fandom and media around them (and we know the media hate this club because of the clubs most of them support, I don't think that's debatable at all tbh) and since the Liverpool game the refs maybe unconciously feel the books need to be "balanced" and are being more harsh towards us.

It certainly looks that way on paper anyway because some of the decisions have been absurd.

I don't think it's really to conspire against us in particular, I think it's more that they are influenced by the fandom and media around them (and we know the media hate this club because of the clubs most of them support, I don't think that's debatable at all tbh) and since the Liverpool game the refs maybe unconciously feel the books need to be "balanced" and are being more harsh towards us.

It certainly looks that way on paper anyway because some of the decisions have been absurd.

But that isn't evidence - you thinking that the media hating this club is just classic fan paranoia.

The media have been gushing over us all season to the point now where rival fans are saying that we are media darlings, don't get me started on the kind of press Ange has got this season either.

Dier 100%. Can see it with your own eyes. It was his crap ball under pressure that went out of play when he could have easily booted it up there. It was the 91st minute ffs. Then, the 2nd goal watch him. Completely unaware of the Wolves goal scorer. Just lets him through on goal. Yet, I’m getting berated for “scapegoating”. 🤦‍♂️
Is the problem of Dier not just hoofing the ball up the field because he’s made a mistake, or did he not hoof it at the behest of the manager?

We aren’t a hoof it up the field team these days. Question that as much as we like, but if Dier had the freedom to hoof it, he would.

Tbh if wolves was any good at set pieces if would of been in more trouble yesterday, they had quite a few
Their other strength to me was Kilman and Dawson at the back. Horrible guys to play against. Strong and dirty, like they’ve time travelled from the eighties. Both very effective against us and a weak referee.

Back
Top Bottom