Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of the decisions in the last 2 games have been scandalous.

Postecoglou may prefer to keep his counsel but he might need to consider a change of stance if the trend continues.

Not right.

What’s the bet if Ange came out public like Arteta did, that he’s getting fined and probably a touchline ban??

Seems some clubs can flat out threaten mutiny if they don’t like their whistles but others just accept their players getting hacked until they are injured.

I doubt Spurs fans are the only ones that feel this way. Maybe we are just an entitled bunch for expecting anything different.

correct.. we play too many 'classy' short passes just t advance 20metres. ...
Just fcking risky - all for an IDENTITY. we dont have these ballers to play this shit/
Yes and most of the time that short passing resulted in nothing and then losing the ball or dier just jumping it to no one.

Think we could have played better.

To say we played sh!t means you did not watch the game.

Wolves are really decent and at home they will give a lot of problems.

I repeat we had weathered the storm and looked the more threatening and then wallop.
More threating? We had 2 shots on target all game.
We did play shit our worst performance of the season with Fulham away in the cup.
Maybe you don't go to games mate?

Gil has done nothing so far to suggest he should start a game
That's git nothing to do with it though, if you're best striker is injured and the next best player on the bench happens to be a defender, who do you replace your striker with, the defender who is the best player available in reserve, or the next striker in line?

Replacing Maddison with Hojbjerg is akin to choosing the defender rather than the like for like replacement.

I repeat we had weathered the storm and looked the more threatening and then wallop.
I thought we were pretty “shit” to be honest - I thought our best spell was 80-90 min with glc and gil providing some energy - thought wolves had run out of steam and that we were gonna hold on - wtf do I know!?

Mystic Matt....
In some ways, I'm not too disappointed. A win would have papered over a ginormous fucking chasm.

That performance was completely unacceptable. Exactly the sort of shit we've had to put up with for years now. I heard the commentary complimenting the defence, and fans on here saying they were the best part of the team.
Everyone was shit except maybe Vicario. The defence kept Wolves out through sheer luck. I'm absolutely certain if Wolves weren't notoriously poor up front they'd have made more actual chances. Most of our "defending" was more Wolves missing a final pass, or making a terrible cross etc.

The fact Everyone dropped so deep and were happy humping the ball away was also both concerning and quite obviously part of the problem on the whole.

So, a win would have convinced many fans there aren't any problems and that the defence is fine. Apparently we only keep clean sheets in matches because of defenders.

Sorry, but yesterday was truly awful.
Everything we all hated about the last few seasons.

That's git nothing to do with it though, if you're best striker is injured and the next best player on the bench happens to be a defender, who do you replace your striker with, the defender who is the best player available in reserve, or the next striker in line?

Replacing Maddison with Hojbjerg is akin to choosing the defender rather than the like for like replacement.
Hoijberg was our 2nd best assister last season.
So technically speaking, he was the logical person to step in.

I'm not saying it was right, but on paper, it made sense.

Yesterday shows that there’s such a fine line between winning and losing,perceived success and failure and a fanbase being overly positive or overly negative. We were 6 mins from going top of the league and having an incredible start to the season and now some are saying we won’t get top 4.
Yesterday was tough to take because it was there for us and just never got there. If going into this break someone gave us sitting 3rd or 4th in league we’d have took it. If the injuries and sending offs never happened we’d be sitting very comfortably at the top. Fine lines my friends.

Hoijberg was our 2nd best assister last season.
So technically speaking, he was the logical person to step in.

I'm not saying it was right, but on paper, it made sense.
Yeah thought he might do alright further forward but didn't impress at all yesterday but wasn't the only one.

I thought we were pretty “shit” to be honest - I thought our best spell was 80-90 min with glc and gil providing some energy - thought wolves had run out of steam and that we were gonna hold on - wtf do I know!?

Okay.

I saw it slightly differently.

We started well, they took over. First half all them in terms of threat.

Second half more even and from 70 - 90 I thought us and we made chances.

They won.

We were 4 or 5 men down from 2 games ago.

Bullshit, trying to single out those three and scapegoating them for the result is typical wanky supporter bullshit. That was a collective failure by the whole team, "first 11" players included. Dier and Davies were two of the better performers.
But people like you don't have the perspicacity or strength of character to admit that, because they are your hobbyhorse whipping boys for everything.

Oh bore off Mick ffs. Scapegoat in what sense? I have seen these useless tossers get 3 managers the sack. I have seen them let the team down time and time again. Dier was in no mans land for their 2nd as he has zero awareness. He also messed up a pass which resulted in Wolves getting the 1st goal. He’s useless. Get your fucking head out of the sand ffs.

Oh bore off Mick ffs. Scapegoat in what sense? I have seen these useless tossers get 3 managers the sack. I have seen them let the team down time and time again. Dier was in no mans land for their 2nd as he has zero awareness. He also messed up a pass which resulted in Wolves getting the 1st goal. He’s useless. Get your fucking head out of the sand ffs.
Righto

Yeah thought he might do alright further forward but didn't impress at all yesterday but wasn't the only one.

What I've seen a lot of here is people focusing on individuals not playing well. But to me my eyes, the entire team was poor. Nobody can walk away from that game with their head held high IMO.
I guess it's a bit like the sort of thing that makes people say "BMW drivers never indicate"
Some do, some dont. Same as every car. But people only see what they want to see and ignore everything else.
Yesterday, nobody was indicating.

Okay.

I saw it slightly differently.

We started well, they took over. First half all them in terms of threat.

Second half more even and from 70 - 90 I thought us and we made chances.

They won.

We were 4 or 5 men down from 2 games ago.

When you say we started well, I assume you mean up until we scored? On 2 and a half minutes. Wolves worked their way back into the game pretty much from then on in.

Not to mention sitting deeper and backing off for the whole match compared to proactive defending left us looking a mess all match.

Back
Top Bottom