Wolves (A) - Saturday 11th November 12:30pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blimey.... Didn't see THAT reaction coming! (Unless you were joking - like I was - in which case, good work!)

Except Poch... Who did his homework on us, and worked/played us to perfection!
Are we joking again here?🤣

Poch got it so wrong in the first 20 mins and then thing’s conspired to go against us. That was the officials and our fault and not Poch doing his homework.

I think if Romero had not been sent off we’d have won very comfortably. The first 20 mins was a joy to watch.

Get off the smack 🤣
I'm dead serious. Has the engine to run all day, can tackle, is tenacious as fuck, and would be absolutely incredible receiving the ball between the lines.

Think Sarr would do a job there tbh

I agree but on the right side.

Also think we have reached the point where our system NEEDS Sarr in the 8 role. We lose so much energy and running when he goes off. You can see teams instantly feel a relief from the pressure of chasing him up and down the pitch.

Poch got it so wrong in the first 20 mins and then thing’s conspired to go against us. That was the officials and our fault and not Poch doing his homework.

I think if Romero had not been sent off we’d have won very comfortably. The first 20 mins was a joy to watch.
They were... Then we went to shit...

The same as the first half at Stamford Bridge in 2016 was a joy to watch...

Then Chelsea/Tottenham happened....

Poch was there that night... in OUR dugout...

He knew what it takes to break us, 'cos Chelsea broke us that night!

Not joking. It happened then... Same as it happened again on Monday!

Agree but Poch did his homework in knowing that chelsea would get away with repeatedly kicking us in a big game.

Wouldn't even call it homework because he's just been on the other side of it and experienced his own players getting frustrated by it.

I think a lot of us find it easy to say that the players just need to be composed and get over with when the other team is just able to kick you repeatedly but it's probably a LOT harder than that.

They were... Then we went to shit...

The same as the first half at Stamford Bridge in 2016 was a joy to watch...

Then Chelsea/Tottenham happened....

Poch was there that night... in OUR dugout...

He knew what it takes to break us, 'cos Chelsea broke us that night!

Not joking. It happened then... Same as it happened again on Monday!
What cliche rubbish. We only have one starter that played in that game….. the fat prick got lucky

He is very quick according to Tony Mowbray Blackburn boss

Speaking about Phillips during his time in charge at Ewood Park, former Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray said: “He's 6ft 4in, he's fast, mobile and can pass it really well. He can use both feet, he's composed.”
Sounds like the perfect replacement. Is he Dutch?

What cliche rubbish. We only have one starter that played in that game….. the fat prick got lucky
... DOESN'T matter.. same as not every Spurs player played in EVERY game against Chelsea for the 15 odd years we never beat them...

This isn't about the individual PLAYERS, it's about the CLUBS... The BADGE!

The BADGE will always be bigger than the player who wears it...

Now THERE'S a cliché for ya!

We were playing against a club who - bar a few recent results - have got the better of us REPEATEDLY for almost a GENERATION!

That's not just down to luck, or individual players who may or may not have played in those fixtures...
That's down to an ingrained, pre meditated mentality that tells you, more often than not, Chelsea WILL get the better of Spurs, regardless of their league position at kick off...

In 2016, they were nowhere NEAR us, yet still pulled off a performance that tells you they NEEDED to stop us winning at ALL COSTS!

Same on Monday, they are fucking lower to mid table, yet got the decisions and fortune (some of it self inflicted by us, granted!) that only a table topping Man Utd/Liverpool or Man City could DREAM about!

...and another thing....

Nope, that's me done !

Call me a sadist, but I'm weirdly looking forward to this game...

Only to see the spontaneous combustion of the entire world IF we win!!

Back
Top Bottom