Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody can answer that question… because there isn’t a good answer.

All we can do is accept that he “tackled too hard” and we have to get on with it.

We know that the Oligarchy teams will probably still get away with it mostly against us. They can repeatedly foul and kick Maddison out of the game, they can dive, they elbow in the head and we just have to accept they are the oligarchy.

We can take something from the fact that they got punished once in the Liverpool game but we’ve also been well and truly paid back for having the audacity to get the rub of the green once against them.

This is what it’s going to take to beat an Oligarchy like this.

Lucky they took that in their stride and didn't kick up a fuss about that eh?

Liability?? Been consistently excellent for the 10 league games previously and Monday’s tackle for me is a good one. We all have our opinions on players and you obviously are not a fan

I am absolutely a fan of Romero. But, I do not subscribe to the idea that love is blind.

Romero, right now is a liability in the sense that he is about to sit out 3 more games for yet another red card. It happens far too often. I like the guy and think he is genuinely world class when he is playing.

A red card every 18 games is not good enough, no matter who you are. Romero would also be aware of how light on we are at the back and should be acting more responsibly in light of this. I have seen plenty of debate on the tackle that ended with him being sent off and I can accept both sides of that argument. What is not being as roundly discussed is the blatant red card offence that he got away with only minutes earlier.

He is a leader of this team. It's high time he acted like one.

Its 'a grey zone red card tackle but I think Romero became a victim of his own borderline play style. One can clearly see that once he makes contact with the ball and realises where his foot is going he pulls back his foot rather than follow thru and Enzo isn't injured at all. His red card was a result of the compounded effect of his previous reputation plus an already rash tackle made in the Chelski game.
Thus said, he did "cost" Spurs 2 goals vs Woolwich and he cost Spurs vs Milan last year in the CL.
He no doubt is a world class defender when he's "switched on" but he is rash and refs knows this now so his tough and rash style will always be a big risk factor.
Teams like Real M. can afford to have players sent off regularly, like Sergio Ramos, but Spurs can't. So if Real M. or Bayern M bid, say, £90m+ for him and if Spurs had quality replacement already lined up (António Silva or de Ligt) I might consider selling Romero.

Tbh he hasn’t been rash this season.

Don’t even think that clearance was rash either but if we don’t use any media we can to fight the narrative around him, this will happen more.

Tbh he hasn’t been rash this season.

Don’t even think that clearance was rash either but if we don’t use any media we can to fight the narrative around him, this will happen more.
It was far less bad than Nketiah's against Vicario that was yellowed.

I'd like VAR removed for fouls. It's highly questionable whether a guy on a screen miles away has a good enough sense of what happened on the pitch. Keep VAR for offside only.

See all the noise around Rashford's red card.

What is the betting an actual tackle worse than Romero's clearance now goes unpunished against us vs Wolves, injures our player and all the Oligarch media come out defending the decision?

Fair few on this forum also end up agreeing with them too.

I'm not gonna shit on Romero. Missing 3 games will hurt for him.

I still think it was a reckless challenge in the box... red or not.... you simply have to try to stay on your feet in the box.... it's defending 101.

I still think it was a reckless challenge in the box... red or not.... you simply have to try to stay on your feet in the box.... it's defending 101.

Wasn't a challenge.

He was clearing the ball.

Fernadez had the responsibility to go in just as hard or pull out. He pussied out and put them both in danger.

Wasn't a challenge.

He was clearing the ball.

Fernadez had the responsibility to go in just as hard or pull out. He pussied out and put them both in danger.

Ok it was a reckless clearance.

He cleared the ball and ended up with his standing leg on the ground, clear as day.

When making and challenge/clearance in the box, you make sure to stay on your feet. It's basic defending.

Ok it was a reckless clearance.

He cleared the ball and ended up with his standing leg on the ground, clear as day.

When making and challenge/clearance in the box, you make sure to stay on your feet. It's basic defending.

You've never seen a sliding clearance?

Romero has probably made 30 this season alone.

Look, I'm not having this one so in the interests of the decent conversations we have in other threads, I'll stop after your next reply and leave you to have the final word.

But just leaving it out there that we aren't and shouldn't want to change Romero in any way at all. His natural game wins us games much more than it hurts us.

With that in mind, Spurs fans need to resist any narrative around Romero being reckless whilst he's at the club because it's in our interests and the team's interest to fight that bullshit taking hold as a perception of him.

Officials have always admitted to making decisions based on perception and players for UTD, Liverpool, chelsea, and woolwich have consistently played with the same fire as Romero and not had the narrative built around them. Same as Dele.

Fuck Carragher and Neville. Those two hypocrites know what they are doing and don't need any help from Spurs fans.

You've never seen a sliding clearance?

Romero has probably made 30 this season alone.

Look, I'm not having this one so in the interests of the decent conversations we have in other threads, I'll stop after your next reply and leave you to have the final word.

But just leaving it out there that we aren't and shouldn't want to change Romero in any way at all. His natural game wins us games much more than it hurts us.

With that in mind, Spurs fans need to resist any narrative around Romero being reckless whilst he's at the club because it's in our interests and the team's interest to fight that bullshit taking hold as a perception of him.

Officials have always admitted to making decisions based on perception and players for UTD, Liverpool, chelsea, and woolwich have consistently played with the same fire as Romero and not had the narrative built around them. Same as Dele.

Fuck Carragher and Neville. Those two hypocrites know what they are doing and don't need any help from Spurs fans.

I absolutely agree with everything you are saying.

I'm not going to the papers or posting on twitter.

I don't see the officiating changing any time soon so we have to be smart.

I can see why a red was given. We shouldn't be giving the refs any excuse to do so.

The kick out was reckless too for the same reason.

I have no ill will towards Romero.

If the Penny doesn’t drop after sitting out those three games watching his teammates try to win without him then it never will

See all the noise around Rashford's red card.

What is the betting an actual tackle worse than Romero's clearance now goes unpunished against us vs Wolves, injures our player and all the Oligarch media come out defending the decision?

Fair few on this forum also end up agreeing with them too.

The phrase being thrown around repeatedly last night was "not a bad challenge; just an unfortunate outcome"........

No 'career killer' narrative. Rashford is a nice boy.........

Funny how that works…

Convenient you might say.

Rashford = Nice boy.
C.Jones = Conspiracy victim
Havertz = Lol bless him... Fwds have never been able to tackle well.
........But Romero = Psycho.... Cunt would steal your Granny's bingo money too.

Reece James (Elbow) = Barely a mention.
Nkettiah (GK hatchet job) = Meh.
Mudryk (GK hatchet job) = Meh
..........But Guimares (Elbow) = A travesty of justice.

Now which one's don't play for an anointed trad Sky-4 club?

It's up to everyone to draw their own conclusions.

Back
Top Bottom